We will be spending eight nights in Paris in May--a particular treat because my husband is Italian, we usually travel there, and our stay in Paris will be followed by a stressful week with my declining father-in-law in Genoa. We do not want to return to the hotel we stayed in in our last visit to Paris in 2000.
Can you help us find a new "home" in the City of Light? We would like to be either in St Germain des Prix, near to the Jardin du Luxumberg, or perhaps on one of the islands. I have stayed in the Marais and enjoyed it but prefer to be near parks when we travel in a major city. Our budget is 150 to 225 (MAYBE stretching to 250) euro a night. We are currently looking at Hotel Bonaparte, Hotel du Suede, Hotel des Deux Continent, and Hotel Odeon des Saint-Germain (more $$ than we would like to spend).
We would be grateful for suggestions. In Venice "our" hotel is the Pensione Accademia, in Rome, Hotel Due Torri, in Genoa, the City Hotel Best Western, in New York, the Hotel Beacon if that helps give some idea of our tastes--which are eclectic.
Seeking a new "our" hotel in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 2 German Wings
- 3 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 4 Renting a car after train to Florence
- 5 SoS!!! Rome Hotel Prices - Why soooo expensive????
- 6 Spain in 17 days
- 7 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 8 Sea side in Italy
- 9 Sagrada Familia - Barcelona; time "allocation"
- 10 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 11 Help! Anyone else victim of Hertz rental car return "damages" charge scam?
- 12 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 13 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 14 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 15 Our first trip to Europe
- 16 Booking Engines You trust?
- 17 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 18 Does anyone know of a good resource for Castles
- 19 Gargnano vs Bellagio (Lake Garda vs Lake Como)
- 20 Using Obb website
- 21 Does ticket to Delacroix allow entry to Louvre?
- 22 Milan underground
- 23 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 24 Checking out your destination with live webcams- Rome for example!
- 25 To include Florence or Not....A Venice, (maybe Florence), and Rome trip