We will be spending eight nights in Paris in May--a particular treat because my husband is Italian, we usually travel there, and our stay in Paris will be followed by a stressful week with my declining father-in-law in Genoa. We do not want to return to the hotel we stayed in in our last visit to Paris in 2000.
Can you help us find a new "home" in the City of Light? We would like to be either in St Germain des Prix, near to the Jardin du Luxumberg, or perhaps on one of the islands. I have stayed in the Marais and enjoyed it but prefer to be near parks when we travel in a major city. Our budget is 150 to 225 (MAYBE stretching to 250) euro a night. We are currently looking at Hotel Bonaparte, Hotel du Suede, Hotel des Deux Continent, and Hotel Odeon des Saint-Germain (more $$ than we would like to spend).
We would be grateful for suggestions. In Venice "our" hotel is the Pensione Accademia, in Rome, Hotel Due Torri, in Genoa, the City Hotel Best Western, in New York, the Hotel Beacon if that helps give some idea of our tastes--which are eclectic.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 2 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 3 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 4 Sicily help
- 5 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 6 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 7 Rome -- The next time around
- 8 Hotels in Turin
- 9 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 10 Alitala
- 11 PARIS
- 12 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 13 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 14 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 15 Bordeaux to Nice
- 16 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 17 Rome to Venice
- 18 One free day in Barcelona
- 19 "Too Much Cows"
- 20 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 21 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 22 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 23 Uber vs. TfL
- 24 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 25 An evening in London