We will be spending eight nights in Paris in May--a particular treat because my husband is Italian, we usually travel there, and our stay in Paris will be followed by a stressful week with my declining father-in-law in Genoa. We do not want to return to the hotel we stayed in in our last visit to Paris in 2000.
Can you help us find a new "home" in the City of Light? We would like to be either in St Germain des Prix, near to the Jardin du Luxumberg, or perhaps on one of the islands. I have stayed in the Marais and enjoyed it but prefer to be near parks when we travel in a major city. Our budget is 150 to 225 (MAYBE stretching to 250) euro a night. We are currently looking at Hotel Bonaparte, Hotel du Suede, Hotel des Deux Continent, and Hotel Odeon des Saint-Germain (more $$ than we would like to spend).
We would be grateful for suggestions. In Venice "our" hotel is the Pensione Accademia, in Rome, Hotel Due Torri, in Genoa, the City Hotel Best Western, in New York, the Hotel Beacon if that helps give some idea of our tastes--which are eclectic.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 2 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 3 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 4 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 5 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 6 Best boutique shops for kids within walking distance of Notre Dame?
- 7 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 8 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 9 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 10 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 11 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 12 Any special about stockholm (13th or 14th to go Stockholm)?
- 13 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 14 Glasgow and Edinburgh
- 15 Iceland Day 5
- 16 Holland/France/Spain
- 17 Scotland Trip
- 18 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 19 Montenegro in September
- 20 3 week stay in Scotland
- 21 Paris, France
- 22 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 23 sfo to europe
- 24 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 25 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!