We will be spending eight nights in Paris in May--a particular treat because my husband is Italian, we usually travel there, and our stay in Paris will be followed by a stressful week with my declining father-in-law in Genoa. We do not want to return to the hotel we stayed in in our last visit to Paris in 2000.
Can you help us find a new "home" in the City of Light? We would like to be either in St Germain des Prix, near to the Jardin du Luxumberg, or perhaps on one of the islands. I have stayed in the Marais and enjoyed it but prefer to be near parks when we travel in a major city. Our budget is 150 to 225 (MAYBE stretching to 250) euro a night. We are currently looking at Hotel Bonaparte, Hotel du Suede, Hotel des Deux Continent, and Hotel Odeon des Saint-Germain (more $$ than we would like to spend).
We would be grateful for suggestions. In Venice "our" hotel is the Pensione Accademia, in Rome, Hotel Due Torri, in Genoa, the City Hotel Best Western, in New York, the Hotel Beacon if that helps give some idea of our tastes--which are eclectic.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in France
- 2 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 3 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 4 Munich
- 5 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 6 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 7 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 8 Driving Germany to Benelux
- 9 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 10 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 11 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 12 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 13 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 14 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 15 20 days in Great Britain - Self Drive Itinerary Ideas
- 16 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 17 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 18 Europe in late January
- 19 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 20 Manchester Christmas Markets 2016
- 21 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 22 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?
- 23 Prague hotels
- 24 Portugal itinerary help
- 25 Puglia or La Langhe