We will be spending eight nights in Paris in May--a particular treat because my husband is Italian, we usually travel there, and our stay in Paris will be followed by a stressful week with my declining father-in-law in Genoa. We do not want to return to the hotel we stayed in in our last visit to Paris in 2000.
Can you help us find a new "home" in the City of Light? We would like to be either in St Germain des Prix, near to the Jardin du Luxumberg, or perhaps on one of the islands. I have stayed in the Marais and enjoyed it but prefer to be near parks when we travel in a major city. Our budget is 150 to 225 (MAYBE stretching to 250) euro a night. We are currently looking at Hotel Bonaparte, Hotel du Suede, Hotel des Deux Continent, and Hotel Odeon des Saint-Germain (more $$ than we would like to spend).
We would be grateful for suggestions. In Venice "our" hotel is the Pensione Accademia, in Rome, Hotel Due Torri, in Genoa, the City Hotel Best Western, in New York, the Hotel Beacon if that helps give some idea of our tastes--which are eclectic.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 2 Teens in Paris..what to wear
- 3 Daughter has British passport can she get free education in UK
- 4 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 5 What clothes?
- 6 Bavaria in August
- 7 Help with London accomodation - totally confused now.
- 8 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 9 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 10 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 11 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 12 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?
- 13 Croatia Itenerary
- 14 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016
- 15 Overstaying residence visa(UDI) in Norway by 1 day(5-6 hr)
- 16 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 17 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 18 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 19 Bandol port of call
- 20 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 21 August
- 22 What tickets to purchase for Rome attractons before leaving the States
- 23 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 24 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 25 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)