I am a male Canadian traveler writing today to seek advice on which neighborhood/where to stay in Rome this October with my 80 year old grandmother. She is a sweet, loving and spry lady who has never had the opportunity to travel outside of Canada. I studied in Rome for a summer during my undergrad and I wanted to share some of the incredible sights and experiences of the city with her, so I am taking her on the trip of a lifetime for her birthday! She is also a devout Catholic, so this journey will have immense spiritual significance.
Traveling with her to Rome poses obvious risks and setbacks. Her knees aren’t in the best shape, and she has a bad allergy to cigarette smoke, but aside from that she has a great deal of vigor and vitality for someone her age.
With that said, Rome is a smoky place with lots of cobblestones, stairs, and walking is the primary mode of transportation. In short, perhaps not the most hospitable place for someone like her. The best I can do is try to find a good place and area to stay so if there are days when she needs to rest, she isn’t missing out on experiencing the city. Because of that, I think a vacation rental would be ideal rather than a hotel or B&B.
It’s been a few years since I visited Rome, and I am trying to figure out what the best neighbourhood to stay is. Cost is not a big issue, I just need a good area to stay that we can reach major locations on foot or by car. Ideally somewhat less busy, but a beautiful area with some nice things to do within or close by. Perhaps closer to the Vactican area than the forum and collosseum as her interests lie more with the former. I’ve considered Trastevere, Campo di Fiori, Foro Boario, West of Piazza Navona, and a couple other spots but I don’t truly know enough about the city to make a call. Any help would be sincerely appreciated, thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 마닐라카지노∑「AKT88。COM」∑아시안카지노Æ엠카지노
- 2 태양성카지노≫『77AKT。COM』≪코리아카지노Æ월드카지노
- 3 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 4 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 5 House Hunting in France
- 6 Ireland in April
- 7 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 8 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 9 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 10 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 11 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 12 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 13 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 14 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 15 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 16 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 17 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 18 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 19 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 20 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 21 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 22 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 23 Itinerary Tweaking
- 24 Itinerary Help
- 25 Life on the Farm Draws Some French