My family of 4 want to visit Pompeii and the towns of Amalfi and Ravello. We have 3 nights (i.e. one full day for Pompeii and another for Amalfi/Ravello), and will be coming from Rome, afterwards going to Florence, so we need easy train access. Would it be better to stay in Naples (taking the Circumvesuviana to Pompeii and a ferry to Amalfi), or Salerno? If Salerno, what's the easiest way to get to Pompeii? How long is the boat ride from Naples to Amalfi? Would also appreciate a one-day itinerary for Amalfi/Ravello. Thanks!
seeing Pompeii and Amalfi/Ravello - best place to stay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 different itineraries
- 2 Recommend a tour company?
- 3 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 4 Itinerary help
- 5 England in 7 days
- 6 Berlin to Prague via Dresden
- 7 France and Italy 15 nights. Suggestions welcomed.
- 8 Germany -Preliminary Planning 2 weeks in Sept/15
- 9 Day Trips from Paris
- 10 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 11 Mother daughter London/Ireland trip
- 12 Spanish Music
- 13 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 14 first trip to Spain - questions and itinerary review
- 15 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 16 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 17 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 18 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 19 Arles as a base?
- 20 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 21 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 22 Travel from Budapest to Rovinj, Croatia
- 23 Ireland's west coast
- 24 Turn Back or Forge Ahead?
- 25 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?