My family of 4 want to visit Pompeii and the towns of Amalfi and Ravello. We have 3 nights (i.e. one full day for Pompeii and another for Amalfi/Ravello), and will be coming from Rome, afterwards going to Florence, so we need easy train access. Would it be better to stay in Naples (taking the Circumvesuviana to Pompeii and a ferry to Amalfi), or Salerno? If Salerno, what's the easiest way to get to Pompeii? How long is the boat ride from Naples to Amalfi? Would also appreciate a one-day itinerary for Amalfi/Ravello. Thanks!
seeing Pompeii and Amalfi/Ravello - best place to stay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 2 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 3 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 4 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 5 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 6 Is Venice really dirty?
- 7 Cotswold Churches
- 8 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 9 Best beach town in Italy?
- 10 Where to go in France mid July?
- 11 Help with England/Wales tour
- 12 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 13 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 14 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 15 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 16 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 17 Italy and Croatia
- 18 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 19 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 20 Five nights in Extremadura
- 21 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 22 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 23 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 24 trip to norway
- 25 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy