My family of 4 want to visit Pompeii and the towns of Amalfi and Ravello. We have 3 nights (i.e. one full day for Pompeii and another for Amalfi/Ravello), and will be coming from Rome, afterwards going to Florence, so we need easy train access. Would it be better to stay in Naples (taking the Circumvesuviana to Pompeii and a ferry to Amalfi), or Salerno? If Salerno, what's the easiest way to get to Pompeii? How long is the boat ride from Naples to Amalfi? Would also appreciate a one-day itinerary for Amalfi/Ravello. Thanks!
seeing Pompeii and Amalfi/Ravello - best place to stay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on getting to the Amalfi Coast - recommendations, your experiences
- 2 Venice - things to do?
- 3 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 4 Help with Greece Itinerary for Honeymoon!
- 5 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 6 Rome to Positano
- 7 Help with driving suggestions in Delphi.
- 8 family of 5 travelling London to Vienna
- 9 help and advice
- 10 Where to stay in Paris - first time young, solo female
- 11 Is it a bad time to go?
- 12 4 days in the Yonne (Burgundy) with kids - itinerary suggestions?
- 13 French Etiquette! "Bonjour Madame or Bonjour Monsieur!
- 14 Any opinions on the Scilly Isles? Penzance? Need a car?
- 15 VALI DI RAGUSA
- 16 Florence/ Tuscany Wine
- 17 Greek Island honeymoon
- 18 Lake Como -> Milan -> Last Supper; ferry,train,bus?? Help needed
- 19 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 20 DCC on the increase?
- 21 Croatian Itenerary Help
- 22 2 week trip -Peloponnese, Greece
- 23 Need help with Normandy & Loire Valley itinerary + extra days
- 24 Naples and Salerno
- 25 Sorrento-Positano ferry schedules