We are going to Rome in October. We would like to go see the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii one of those days. My travel agent sent over a tour from booktravelbound that picks you up in Rome, takes you to Pompeii, Amalfi Coast and a couple of side trips. This will be on a Mercedes minibus or similar. 14 hour tour for $291 pp. My question is: Are there any good tours out there besides this one. Is this the best way to go? Is taking a fast train to Naples in the morning and taking a tour from there better? Is getting the fast train there and back easy?
Seeing Amalfi Coast/Pompeii from Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 2 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 3 Too many Trip Reports
- 4 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 5 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 6 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 7 Berlin from Rostock?
- 8 What to do in Klaipeda?
- 9 Heathrow to Paddington Trains
- 10 Is this the right way<>?
- 11 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 12 Art in Paris
- 13 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 14 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 15 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 16 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 17 First trip to Iceland! Need help planning!
- 18 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 19 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 20 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 21 Hotels that we found special
- 22 Crete for 3 weeks....but where?!
- 23 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 24 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 25 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir