We are going to Rome in October. We would like to go see the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii one of those days. My travel agent sent over a tour from booktravelbound that picks you up in Rome, takes you to Pompeii, Amalfi Coast and a couple of side trips. This will be on a Mercedes minibus or similar. 14 hour tour for $291 pp. My question is: Are there any good tours out there besides this one. Is this the best way to go? Is taking a fast train to Naples in the morning and taking a tour from there better? Is getting the fast train there and back easy?
Seeing Amalfi Coast/Pompeii from Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milestone Birthday Trip-Where Would You Go?
- 2 Oviedo, Aviles or Gijon
- 3 Picos de Europa - Need advice please
- 4 Scotland on a farm by horse?
- 5 Hotel des Grandes Ecoles, Paris
- 6 Help with Central/ Eastern Europe
- 7 Germany -- with Reformation emphasis
- 8 Cordoba-Granada itinerary
- 9 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 10 Late night train from Prague
- 11 Matera and Puglia by public transportation: Bus, train, driver
- 12 4 Days in Paris: Sample Itinerary for First Trip There
- 13 I'm in a funk
- 14 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 15 We will be stranded in Iceland for 17 hours!
- 16 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 17 Mama Mia Italy!
- 18 Lisbon, Porto and Southern Galicia Costal region
- 19 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 20 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 21 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 22 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 23 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 24 Amsterdam vs Prague
- 25 Lauterbrunnen: hiking advisory