We are going to Rome in October. We would like to go see the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii one of those days. My travel agent sent over a tour from booktravelbound that picks you up in Rome, takes you to Pompeii, Amalfi Coast and a couple of side trips. This will be on a Mercedes minibus or similar. 14 hour tour for $291 pp. My question is: Are there any good tours out there besides this one. Is this the best way to go? Is taking a fast train to Naples in the morning and taking a tour from there better? Is getting the fast train there and back easy?
Seeing Amalfi Coast/Pompeii from Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 2 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 3 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 4 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 5 He said , she said
- 6 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 7 Augsburg with kids
- 8 Pix from Dresden Trip
- 9 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 10 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 11 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 12 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 13 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 14 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 15 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 16 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 17 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival
- 18 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 19 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 20 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 21 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 22 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 23 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 24 Toulouse and beyond -
- 25 Soccer/futbol in Madrid