We are going to Rome in October. We would like to go see the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii one of those days. My travel agent sent over a tour from booktravelbound that picks you up in Rome, takes you to Pompeii, Amalfi Coast and a couple of side trips. This will be on a Mercedes minibus or similar. 14 hour tour for $291 pp. My question is: Are there any good tours out there besides this one. Is this the best way to go? Is taking a fast train to Naples in the morning and taking a tour from there better? Is getting the fast train there and back easy?
Seeing Amalfi Coast/Pompeii from Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 2 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 3 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 4 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 5 Air pollution in Paris
- 6 France, Italy and Greec
- 7 gites de france or agritourism
- 8 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 9 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 10 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 11 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 12 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 15 Nice or Marseille??
- 16 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 17 Dresden or Leipzig
- 18 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 19 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 20 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 21 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 22 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 23 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 24 ACP Rail -- any info?
- 25 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report