We are going to Rome in October. We would like to go see the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii one of those days. My travel agent sent over a tour from booktravelbound that picks you up in Rome, takes you to Pompeii, Amalfi Coast and a couple of side trips. This will be on a Mercedes minibus or similar. 14 hour tour for $291 pp. My question is: Are there any good tours out there besides this one. Is this the best way to go? Is taking a fast train to Naples in the morning and taking a tour from there better? Is getting the fast train there and back easy?
Seeing Amalfi Coast/Pompeii from Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 2 Five nights in Extremadura
- 3 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 4 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 5 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 6 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 7 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 8 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 9 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 10 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 11 trip to norway
- 12 Is Venice really dirty?
- 13 Where to go in France mid July?
- 14 Help with England/Wales tour
- 15 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 16 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 17 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 18 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 19 Best beach town in Italy?
- 20 Cotswold Churches
- 21 A Greek sojourn
- 22 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 23 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 24 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 25 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report