We are going to Rome in October. We would like to go see the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii one of those days. My travel agent sent over a tour from booktravelbound that picks you up in Rome, takes you to Pompeii, Amalfi Coast and a couple of side trips. This will be on a Mercedes minibus or similar. 14 hour tour for $291 pp. My question is: Are there any good tours out there besides this one. Is this the best way to go? Is taking a fast train to Naples in the morning and taking a tour from there better? Is getting the fast train there and back easy?
Seeing Amalfi Coast/Pompeii from Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mother daughter London/Ireland trip
- 2 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 3 2 different itineraries
- 4 Recommend a tour company?
- 5 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 6 Itinerary help
- 7 England in 7 days
- 8 Berlin to Prague via Dresden
- 9 France and Italy 15 nights. Suggestions welcomed.
- 10 Germany -Preliminary Planning 2 weeks in Sept/15
- 11 Day Trips from Paris
- 12 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 13 Spanish Music
- 14 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 15 first trip to Spain - questions and itinerary review
- 16 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 17 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 18 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 19 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 20 Arles as a base?
- 21 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 22 Travel from Budapest to Rovinj, Croatia
- 23 Ireland's west coast
- 24 Turn Back or Forge Ahead?
- 25 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?