We are going to Rome in October. We would like to go see the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii one of those days. My travel agent sent over a tour from booktravelbound that picks you up in Rome, takes you to Pompeii, Amalfi Coast and a couple of side trips. This will be on a Mercedes minibus or similar. 14 hour tour for $291 pp. My question is: Are there any good tours out there besides this one. Is this the best way to go? Is taking a fast train to Naples in the morning and taking a tour from there better? Is getting the fast train there and back easy?
Seeing Amalfi Coast/Pompeii from Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last minute ideas anyone?
- 2 Another Maitai Pre-Adventure Conundrum
- 3 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland
- 4 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 5 Milan car rental and other Italy questions.
- 6 taxi line at FCO airport
- 7 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 8 Barcelona itinerary- please help
- 9 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 10 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 11 3-4 days in Italy before Monaco Conference suggestions
- 12 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 13 Interested In Coach Passes
- 14 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 15 Getting from Zagreb to Vienna to Cesky Krumlov to Prague, etc.
- 16 Where to stay one night during our drive from Amboise to Avignon?
- 17 First time in Europe!
- 18 Travel with connecting flights
- 19 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 20 Florence Hotel Advice
- 21 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 22 MXP to Dolomites--Where To Stay In Between
- 23 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 24 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 25 Lindisfarne and Northumberland