We are going to Rome in October. We would like to go see the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii one of those days. My travel agent sent over a tour from booktravelbound that picks you up in Rome, takes you to Pompeii, Amalfi Coast and a couple of side trips. This will be on a Mercedes minibus or similar. 14 hour tour for $291 pp. My question is: Are there any good tours out there besides this one. Is this the best way to go? Is taking a fast train to Naples in the morning and taking a tour from there better? Is getting the fast train there and back easy?
Seeing Amalfi Coast/Pompeii from Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 2 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 3 Need help on best 7 day Istanbul / Cappadocia end of April itinerary
- 4 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 5 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 6 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 7 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 8 active activities in Marmaris, Myrina (Lemnos), and Patmos?
- 9 Madrid and London
- 10 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 11 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 12 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 13 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 14 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 15 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 16 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 17 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 18 2 weeks in Europe
- 19 Matisse at Tate
- 20 Ireland Southwest
- 21 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 22 Restaurant Recommendations for Lisbon
- 23 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 24 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 25 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary