We are going to Rome in October. We would like to go see the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii one of those days. My travel agent sent over a tour from booktravelbound that picks you up in Rome, takes you to Pompeii, Amalfi Coast and a couple of side trips. This will be on a Mercedes minibus or similar. 14 hour tour for $291 pp. My question is: Are there any good tours out there besides this one. Is this the best way to go? Is taking a fast train to Naples in the morning and taking a tour from there better? Is getting the fast train there and back easy?
Seeing Amalfi Coast/Pompeii from Rome
View all Europe activity »
- 1 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 2 Public transport from Ostuni
- 3 Spain Travel
- 4 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 5 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 6 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 7 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 8 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 9 Itinerary Questions
- 10 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 11 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 12 at last an itinerary: feedback and hotel suggestions please
- 13 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 14 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?
- 15 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 16 Our Happy Return to Sunny Tuscany (plus a small bite of Bologna, too!)
- 17 A full week in The Netherlands
- 18 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 19 Photo trip report - Belgium/France/Germany
- 20 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 21 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 22 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 23 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 24 Lake como
- 25 Sagrada Familia - which tower?