We are going to Rome in October. We would like to go see the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii one of those days. My travel agent sent over a tour from booktravelbound that picks you up in Rome, takes you to Pompeii, Amalfi Coast and a couple of side trips. This will be on a Mercedes minibus or similar. 14 hour tour for $291 pp. My question is: Are there any good tours out there besides this one. Is this the best way to go? Is taking a fast train to Naples in the morning and taking a tour from there better? Is getting the fast train there and back easy?
Seeing Amalfi Coast/Pompeii from Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 a nice city break in september for 4 days?
- 2 EuroRail- Italy vs. Tickets
- 3 Need help extending plan beyond France
- 4 Where to stay near Pont du Gard
- 5 European Quiz Monday March 30
- 6 Revisit someplace you've already been or go somewhere new?
- 7 Ef Tour 10 days in Bavaria then 15 in Köthen
- 8 Packing Meds Abroad?
- 9 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 10 Mont St. Michele?
- 11 Southern Europe trip (10 NIGHTS - Paris, Barcelona, Milan-Venice-Rome)
- 12 Andalucia itinerary help
- 13 Apartments (via airbnb) or Hotels / B&Bs in Italy
- 14 Berlin: evening dining
- 15 Three nights in August - Valencia or Seville??
- 16 Planning for a Budget Trip to Jersey, Channel Islands
- 17 Itinerary advice needed-Ring of Kerry vs. Galway area
- 18 Alhambra questions
- 19 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 20 Gatwick to Stratford Station
- 21 Airbnb
- 22 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 23 Running of the Bulls and Tour de France
- 24 Trip Report / Amsterdam - Haarlem - Bruges - Paris / by train
- 25 Itinerary help for 3 weeks Frankfurt to Paris