We are going to Rome in October. We would like to go see the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii one of those days. My travel agent sent over a tour from booktravelbound that picks you up in Rome, takes you to Pompeii, Amalfi Coast and a couple of side trips. This will be on a Mercedes minibus or similar. 14 hour tour for $291 pp. My question is: Are there any good tours out there besides this one. Is this the best way to go? Is taking a fast train to Naples in the morning and taking a tour from there better? Is getting the fast train there and back easy?
Seeing Amalfi Coast/Pompeii from Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 2 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 3 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 4 Tipping in the UK
- 5 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 6 2 weeks in Spain
- 7 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 8 4 Months in Europe
- 9 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 10 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 11 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 12 Wines charted by flavor
- 13 Museum Pass
- 14 Central Europe itinerary
- 15 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 16 Arriving in Prague
- 17 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 18 France in October
- 19 Day trips out of Florence?
- 20 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 21 Venice; recommendations
- 22 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 23 48 hours to departure for Switzerland...questions on Swiss Pass
- 24 7 countries in a month
- 25 Using Debit Cards for Purchases