We are going to Rome in October. We would like to go see the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii one of those days. My travel agent sent over a tour from booktravelbound that picks you up in Rome, takes you to Pompeii, Amalfi Coast and a couple of side trips. This will be on a Mercedes minibus or similar. 14 hour tour for $291 pp. My question is: Are there any good tours out there besides this one. Is this the best way to go? Is taking a fast train to Naples in the morning and taking a tour from there better? Is getting the fast train there and back easy?
Seeing Amalfi Coast/Pompeii from Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Monet's Giverny
- 2 wedding abroad
- 3 2 Weeks in Spain for a wedding in Leon.
- 4 ferry messina to reggio calabria
- 5 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 6 Innsbruck or Interlaken/Jungfrau for winter activities in May
- 7 Train from Barcelona-Saints to Estacio de Franca
- 8 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 4 First Evening in Vienna
- 9 hotel near Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen
- 10 Three weeks in Italy with a two-year old
- 11 Paris or Rome in March or possibly September/October
- 12 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions
- 13 Cookware in France
- 14 Vespa Tour - Florence
- 15 apartment
- 16 Biking from The Hague to Rotterdam
- 17 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 18 Vaucluse Lavander
- 19 Recommended drivers for Tuscany
- 20 Tuscany-private driver for hire?
- 21 Pilgrim Churches of the Llyn Peninsula
- 22 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 23 English language info/site for Belgium bus services
- 24 Powerscourt OR Glendalough?
- 25 Switzerland - where to for this trip?