I am from India and wish to plan a trip to see the northern lights this winter.
We are in the intial stages of planning and need suggestions:
Time of travel : Sep to Dec 13 (can change based on suggestions)
Duration: 9 to 15 days.
No of people:2 adults.
Country: Norway/Sweden/Finland. [Alaska,Canada,Iceland etc are ruled out]
I have done some research based on which I need to know :
1)what places to choose in the above 3 countries ?
2)To reduce travel time, selecting 2 of the 3 countries might the best idea. If so, which two?
3)I have heard Norway is very expensive, is that so ?
4)Since I have no local contacts and shall be making all bookings from India, I have no idea what travel agents will be good in Norway/Sweden.
5) what should be the point of entry , if I travel from India?
I understand that spending 2 whole weeks doesnt really guarantee catching the northern lights. accepted . but would like to maximise my chnaces.
Also would like to visit a few local sights.
Please help me in planing my trip with your suggesstions ...
I shall continue with my research guided by your ideas...
See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 2 Reputable Tours
- 3 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 4 Inexpensive spring break in iceland?
- 5 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 6 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 7 POLAND October,2013! Overdue trip report
- 8 Germany Questions
- 9 How to sky dive without a valid parachute
- 10 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 11 Museums in Berlin
- 12 Euro Trivia quiz #11 - Know Your Bordering Countries?
- 13 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 14 All Set To Go!!
- 15 4 Days between Zurich & Avignon...
- 16 Scotland November 2015
- 17 Sweet Home Triana: Spring Break in Seville's left bank
- 18 Preliminary Italy Plans- September 2015
- 19 Salzburg and day trips
- 20 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 21 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 22 First time to London- which luxury hotel
- 23 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 24 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 25 Skiing in France