I am from India and wish to plan a trip to see the northern lights this winter.
We are in the intial stages of planning and need suggestions:
Time of travel : Sep to Dec 13 (can change based on suggestions)
Duration: 9 to 15 days.
No of people:2 adults.
Country: Norway/Sweden/Finland. [Alaska,Canada,Iceland etc are ruled out]
I have done some research based on which I need to know :
1)what places to choose in the above 3 countries ?
2)To reduce travel time, selecting 2 of the 3 countries might the best idea. If so, which two?
3)I have heard Norway is very expensive, is that so ?
4)Since I have no local contacts and shall be making all bookings from India, I have no idea what travel agents will be good in Norway/Sweden.
5) what should be the point of entry , if I travel from India?
I understand that spending 2 whole weeks doesnt really guarantee catching the northern lights. accepted . but would like to maximise my chnaces.
Also would like to visit a few local sights.
Please help me in planing my trip with your suggesstions ...
I shall continue with my research guided by your ideas...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to do with leftover Euros
- 2 Airport Transfers London
- 3 Ideas for trip somewhere in Europe this October for 4?
- 4 Do Franprix or Monoprix stores offer delivery services?
- 5 Croatia, Slovenia and Bosnia Herzegovina in September
- 6 Normandy Trip Report Day #1 of my Month Stay
- 7 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 8 Our Paris plans
- 9 First Trip To Spain, 10 day Itinerary
- 10 Help with 1 day trip to black forest
- 11 Rome apt or 2-star hotel near Trastevere
- 12 Costa Brava - In 7 Days Suggestions
- 13 Railcard and oyster card in the UK
- 14 Italy Oct 2015 Where to go
- 15 Flixbus and the like?
- 16 southern italy? hmmmmm.
- 17 Munich hotel options
- 18 Seeking suggestions on Eastern Alps/Salzberg/Innsbruck trip
- 19 Travelling Solo in South of France and Paris
- 20 21 day from milan to prague
- 21 Swiss Transport Questions
- 22 Belgium in September
- 23 London theater recommendation(s)
- 24 Help with recommendations in Croatia
- 25 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont