I am from India and wish to plan a trip to see the northern lights this winter.
We are in the intial stages of planning and need suggestions:
Time of travel : Sep to Dec 13 (can change based on suggestions)
Duration: 9 to 15 days.
No of people:2 adults.
Country: Norway/Sweden/Finland. [Alaska,Canada,Iceland etc are ruled out]
I have done some research based on which I need to know :
1)what places to choose in the above 3 countries ?
2)To reduce travel time, selecting 2 of the 3 countries might the best idea. If so, which two?
3)I have heard Norway is very expensive, is that so ?
4)Since I have no local contacts and shall be making all bookings from India, I have no idea what travel agents will be good in Norway/Sweden.
5) what should be the point of entry , if I travel from India?
I understand that spending 2 whole weeks doesnt really guarantee catching the northern lights. accepted . but would like to maximise my chnaces.
Also would like to visit a few local sights.
Please help me in planing my trip with your suggesstions ...
I shall continue with my research guided by your ideas...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 2 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 3 Private transportation
- 4 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 5 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 6 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 7 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 8 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 9 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 10 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 11 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 12 Lufth on strike 26-28 nov
- 13 Global Travel Warning...
- 14 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 15 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 16 Paris Under Seige...
- 17 WORLD'S TRUSTED NO. 1 SPELL CASTER+27791897218 PROFESSOR SIPHO
- 18 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 19 Belgian govt terror alert: Avoid malls, concerts & trains
- 20 Highclere Castle(Downton Abbey) tours, UK
- 21 Advices about our itiniary
- 22 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 23 A week in Burgundy
- 24 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 25 Dynamic Currency Conversion is Alive & Well in Paris