I am from India and wish to plan a trip to see the northern lights this winter.
We are in the intial stages of planning and need suggestions:
Time of travel : Sep to Dec 13 (can change based on suggestions)
Duration: 9 to 15 days.
No of people:2 adults.
Country: Norway/Sweden/Finland. [Alaska,Canada,Iceland etc are ruled out]
I have done some research based on which I need to know :
1)what places to choose in the above 3 countries ?
2)To reduce travel time, selecting 2 of the 3 countries might the best idea. If so, which two?
3)I have heard Norway is very expensive, is that so ?
4)Since I have no local contacts and shall be making all bookings from India, I have no idea what travel agents will be good in Norway/Sweden.
5) what should be the point of entry , if I travel from India?
I understand that spending 2 whole weeks doesnt really guarantee catching the northern lights. accepted . but would like to maximise my chnaces.
Also would like to visit a few local sights.
Please help me in planing my trip with your suggesstions ...
I shall continue with my research guided by your ideas...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 2 student in denmark
- 3 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 4 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 5 Day River trips from Porto
- 6 St Remy area for Provence base?
- 7 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 8 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 9 3 months to travel Europe!
- 10 Just in case anyone is wondering.....
- 11 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 12 Switzerland itinerary help request
- 13 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 14 Places to visits near Porto
- 15 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 16 Tour or independent
- 17 What to see in Dresden...
- 18 Vet my itinerary
- 19 Berlin>Dresden>Prague
- 20 Where is the best place/area to stay in Athens?
- 21 8 days in switzerland
- 22 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 23 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 24 A week in Greece, single woman alone
- 25 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany