I am from India and wish to plan a trip to see the northern lights this winter.
We are in the intial stages of planning and need suggestions:
Time of travel : Sep to Dec 13 (can change based on suggestions)
Duration: 9 to 15 days.
No of people:2 adults.
Country: Norway/Sweden/Finland. [Alaska,Canada,Iceland etc are ruled out]
I have done some research based on which I need to know :
1)what places to choose in the above 3 countries ?
2)To reduce travel time, selecting 2 of the 3 countries might the best idea. If so, which two?
3)I have heard Norway is very expensive, is that so ?
4)Since I have no local contacts and shall be making all bookings from India, I have no idea what travel agents will be good in Norway/Sweden.
5) what should be the point of entry , if I travel from India?
I understand that spending 2 whole weeks doesnt really guarantee catching the northern lights. accepted . but would like to maximise my chnaces.
Also would like to visit a few local sights.
Please help me in planing my trip with your suggesstions ...
I shall continue with my research guided by your ideas...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day in Capri
- 2 alcazar question and seville advice
- 3 TSA Precheck
- 4 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 5 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 6 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 7 First visit to London
- 8 Paris travel help
- 9 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 10 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 11 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 12 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 13 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 14 Rome hotel
- 15 Villa in Italy
- 16 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 17 Help me make this possible!
- 18 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 19 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 20 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 21 One night in the Dolomites
- 22 Vatican tour
- 23 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 24 Places to stop/stay?
- 25 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria