I am from India and wish to plan a trip to see the northern lights this winter.
We are in the intial stages of planning and need suggestions:
Time of travel : Sep to Dec 13 (can change based on suggestions)
Duration: 9 to 15 days.
No of people:2 adults.
Country: Norway/Sweden/Finland. [Alaska,Canada,Iceland etc are ruled out]
I have done some research based on which I need to know :
1)what places to choose in the above 3 countries ?
2)To reduce travel time, selecting 2 of the 3 countries might the best idea. If so, which two?
3)I have heard Norway is very expensive, is that so ?
4)Since I have no local contacts and shall be making all bookings from India, I have no idea what travel agents will be good in Norway/Sweden.
5) what should be the point of entry , if I travel from India?
I understand that spending 2 whole weeks doesnt really guarantee catching the northern lights. accepted . but would like to maximise my chnaces.
Also would like to visit a few local sights.
Please help me in planing my trip with your suggesstions ...
I shall continue with my research guided by your ideas...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 월드생방송바둑이づ／／UTR74.COM／／づ아시아카지노
- 2 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 3 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 4 Italy, Spain and France
- 5 Amsterdam and beyond
- 6 Train from Alsace to Cochem
- 7 Sweden and Denmark
- 8 Three day trips from Amsterdam
- 9 Euro railways
- 10 Should I buy Italy/France flight with Award Miles?!
- 11 This is Why I Will Always Travel Solo From Now: Trip Report -Rome and Sorrento
- 12 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 13 Newbie - seeking any advice
- 14 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 15 My summer in Paris
- 16 Round trip to Bergen question
- 17 Barcelona, Seville, Granada Itinerary
- 18 Budapest tour questions
- 19 Florence Airport Car Rental Return - Recent Experiences?
- 20 Modifying car rental for new destination
- 21 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 22 Approx cost of taxi between Sorrento and Positano
- 23 Italy - Puglia Help please
- 24 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 25 Iceland 2 week trip itinerary/report