I am from India and wish to plan a trip to see the northern lights this winter.
We are in the intial stages of planning and need suggestions:
Time of travel : Sep to Dec 13 (can change based on suggestions)
Duration: 9 to 15 days.
No of people:2 adults.
Country: Norway/Sweden/Finland. [Alaska,Canada,Iceland etc are ruled out]
I have done some research based on which I need to know :
1)what places to choose in the above 3 countries ?
2)To reduce travel time, selecting 2 of the 3 countries might the best idea. If so, which two?
3)I have heard Norway is very expensive, is that so ?
4)Since I have no local contacts and shall be making all bookings from India, I have no idea what travel agents will be good in Norway/Sweden.
5) what should be the point of entry , if I travel from India?
I understand that spending 2 whole weeks doesnt really guarantee catching the northern lights. accepted . but would like to maximise my chnaces.
Also would like to visit a few local sights.
Please help me in planing my trip with your suggesstions ...
I shall continue with my research guided by your ideas...
See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 2 Day Trips from Paris
- 3 How to see Yorkshire and Northern England in 3-4 nights without a car
- 4 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?
- 5 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 6 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 7 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 8 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 9 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 10 Tell me about Manchester
- 11 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 12 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 13 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 14 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 15 Now for the Venice hotel
- 16 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 17 Traffic Violation fine - don't they want my money?
- 18 Spain vacation help
- 19 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 20 Is Scotland and Northern England still green in October?
- 21 South of Switzerland
- 22 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 23 Home Base in Belgium
- 24 A Week in Spain
- 25 Leaving schengen country without a re entry permit