I am from India and wish to plan a trip to see the northern lights this winter.
We are in the intial stages of planning and need suggestions:
Time of travel : Sep to Dec 13 (can change based on suggestions)
Duration: 9 to 15 days.
No of people:2 adults.
Country: Norway/Sweden/Finland. [Alaska,Canada,Iceland etc are ruled out]
I have done some research based on which I need to know :
1)what places to choose in the above 3 countries ?
2)To reduce travel time, selecting 2 of the 3 countries might the best idea. If so, which two?
3)I have heard Norway is very expensive, is that so ?
4)Since I have no local contacts and shall be making all bookings from India, I have no idea what travel agents will be good in Norway/Sweden.
5) what should be the point of entry , if I travel from India?
I understand that spending 2 whole weeks doesnt really guarantee catching the northern lights. accepted . but would like to maximise my chnaces.
Also would like to visit a few local sights.
Please help me in planing my trip with your suggesstions ...
I shall continue with my research guided by your ideas...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 reputable apartment rental in Rome and Venice?
- 2 Swallows and Amazons! (or a midweek break in the Lake District)
- 3 Another Visit to London
- 4 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 5 Pre-booking train travel in Spain
- 6 bbc radio 4 visits Fleetwood near Blackpool
- 7 2 weeks Northern Italy Itinerary Suggestion
- 8 Train or bus from Annecy to Cully Switzerland
- 9 3 days Venice to Paris
- 10 A Beautiful Visit to Emilia-Romagna
- 11 My Worst Experience During My Holiday In Europe
- 12 Need advice on transportation
- 13 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 14 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 15 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 16 Berlin insurance questions
- 17 Illegal vacation apts. in Paris
- 18 France for Six Weeks
- 19 Where to stay in Barcelona during La Merce?
- 20 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 21 Can you please critique my ring road plan?
- 22 which basque wine TXAKOLINA wineries bodegas to visit from san sebastian?
- 23 ROME JEWISH GHETTO - directions needed
- 24 explore Italy on a budget
- 25 Vienna Favorites