I am from India and wish to plan a trip to see the northern lights this winter.
We are in the intial stages of planning and need suggestions:
Time of travel : Sep to Dec 13 (can change based on suggestions)
Duration: 9 to 15 days.
No of people:2 adults.
Country: Norway/Sweden/Finland. [Alaska,Canada,Iceland etc are ruled out]
I have done some research based on which I need to know :
1)what places to choose in the above 3 countries ?
2)To reduce travel time, selecting 2 of the 3 countries might the best idea. If so, which two?
3)I have heard Norway is very expensive, is that so ?
4)Since I have no local contacts and shall be making all bookings from India, I have no idea what travel agents will be good in Norway/Sweden.
5) what should be the point of entry , if I travel from India?
I understand that spending 2 whole weeks doesnt really guarantee catching the northern lights. accepted . but would like to maximise my chnaces.
Also would like to visit a few local sights.
Please help me in planing my trip with your suggesstions ...
I shall continue with my research guided by your ideas...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 4 Another tipping question: concierges
- 5 We're here!
- 6 6-7 Days in France
- 7 International Flight Question
- 8 5 Days in Switzerland
- 9 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 10 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 11 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 12 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 13 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 14 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 15 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 16 Bremerhaven and environs
- 17 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 18 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 19 Spain in July
- 20 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 21 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 22 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 23 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 24 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 25 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help