I will be traveling with school tour group in 2013 and have just had knee replacement surgery. I guess I'm most concerned about delaying the entire group with possible security points. I will be unable to go through magnetic screenings. I know in the States how they handle such, but not sure about international travel. Also, some points of interest Museums, Eifel tower, etc. may require security entrances. So I'm looking for anyone who has recently traveled with knee replacement and encountering security entrances. I am planning on laminating cards in French that say: I have a right knee replacement and cannot go thru magnetic screening. I'm thinking that would at least get the guards to understand that I am not refusing. SUGGESTIONS?
Security issues with Knee replacement
View all Europe activity »
- 1 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 2 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 3 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 4 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 7 London for Christmas
- 8 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 9 London Theater/re: "Pure Nonsense"? or what?
- 10 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 11 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 12 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 13 Istanbul hotels
- 14 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 15 2 Week European Itinerary
- 16 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 17 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 18 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 19 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 20 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 21 More help with housing in Puglia
- 22 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 23 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 24 To Paris and Provence in June
- 25 Channel Islands