I will be traveling with school tour group in 2013 and have just had knee replacement surgery. I guess I'm most concerned about delaying the entire group with possible security points. I will be unable to go through magnetic screenings. I know in the States how they handle such, but not sure about international travel. Also, some points of interest Museums, Eifel tower, etc. may require security entrances. So I'm looking for anyone who has recently traveled with knee replacement and encountering security entrances. I am planning on laminating cards in French that say: I have a right knee replacement and cannot go thru magnetic screening. I'm thinking that would at least get the guards to understand that I am not refusing. SUGGESTIONS?
Security issues with Knee replacement
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Belgium/Holland OR Paris/Strasbourg/Lucern
- 2 Wake up...all fodor posters who are so helpful...
- 3 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 4 Advises for trip to Russia
- 5 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 6 First time traveler to Ireland
- 7 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 8 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 9 Euro Train
- 10 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 11 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 12 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 13 Prague - must see
- 14 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 15 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 16 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 17 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 18 Getting to Gatwick and home again
- 19 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 20 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 21 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 22 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 23 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 24 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 25 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!