Good to be back after a while.
My company is sending me on a long term assignment to Madrid, Spain. I am very excited about this opportunity and planning to land there with my family asap. We want to work and enjoy the Mediterranean charm and the rich Spanish culture and enrich our lives with Dali, Picasso, Real Madrid , Tapas and Almadovar among the many other attractions. We are already taking Spanish lessons to be able to be immersed in their culture and way of life from day one in Madrid.
However there is a lot of concern here about the Spanish economy in general and safety and security of foreigners in specific. Many reports of violence on an almost daily increasing trend is posing a lot of questions in our mind as to whether this is a good time to be there in Spain with family.
thanks and best regards
Security Concern in Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 history museums or locations
- 2 2 weeks in Barcelona and Swiss Apls
- 3 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 4 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 5 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 6 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 7 By train to and out of Prague
- 8 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 9 Cylades Island Hopping
- 10 Looking for advice on Christmas Market trip (Germany)
- 11 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 12 Italy dolomites
- 13 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 14 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 15 8 days en route to Salzburg - help me plan my itinerary!
- 16 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report
- 17 Connecting flights. Customs/Security.
- 18 Airport ATMs
- 19 All Set To Go!!
- 20 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 21 Condor Long-Haul Business Class
- 22 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 23 22 year olds in Europe
- 24 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 25 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips