Good to be back after a while.
My company is sending me on a long term assignment to Madrid, Spain. I am very excited about this opportunity and planning to land there with my family asap. We want to work and enjoy the Mediterranean charm and the rich Spanish culture and enrich our lives with Dali, Picasso, Real Madrid , Tapas and Almadovar among the many other attractions. We are already taking Spanish lessons to be able to be immersed in their culture and way of life from day one in Madrid.
However there is a lot of concern here about the Spanish economy in general and safety and security of foreigners in specific. Many reports of violence on an almost daily increasing trend is posing a lot of questions in our mind as to whether this is a good time to be there in Spain with family.
thanks and best regards
Security Concern in Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cotswolds village base
- 2 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 3 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 4 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 5 Hotel in Rome?
- 6 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 7 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 8 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 9 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 10 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 11 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 12 Passport Delays
- 13 Wine tour from Verona?
- 14 May Trip to Germany and Switzerland - Munich and Lauterbrunnen - Hiking Included
- 15 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 16 Netherlands Delta Works
- 17 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 18 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 19 Please help with itinerary for 18 days in Italy.
- 20 A full week in The Netherlands
- 21 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 22 Southern Italy without a Car
- 23 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 24 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 25 40 Major Tourist Scams