Good to be back after a while.
My company is sending me on a long term assignment to Madrid, Spain. I am very excited about this opportunity and planning to land there with my family asap. We want to work and enjoy the Mediterranean charm and the rich Spanish culture and enrich our lives with Dali, Picasso, Real Madrid , Tapas and Almadovar among the many other attractions. We are already taking Spanish lessons to be able to be immersed in their culture and way of life from day one in Madrid.
However there is a lot of concern here about the Spanish economy in general and safety and security of foreigners in specific. Many reports of violence on an almost daily increasing trend is posing a lot of questions in our mind as to whether this is a good time to be there in Spain with family.
thanks and best regards
Security Concern in Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 2 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 3 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 4 Monet in Normandy
- 5 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 6 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 7 London visit
- 8 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 9 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 10 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 11 Three days in Spain
- 12 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 13 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 14 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 15 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 16 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 17 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 18 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 19 21 Days in Central Europe
- 20 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 21 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 22 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 23 best time to book accommodation
- 24 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 25 Oktoberfest reservations