Good to be back after a while.
My company is sending me on a long term assignment to Madrid, Spain. I am very excited about this opportunity and planning to land there with my family asap. We want to work and enjoy the Mediterranean charm and the rich Spanish culture and enrich our lives with Dali, Picasso, Real Madrid , Tapas and Almadovar among the many other attractions. We are already taking Spanish lessons to be able to be immersed in their culture and way of life from day one in Madrid.
However there is a lot of concern here about the Spanish economy in general and safety and security of foreigners in specific. Many reports of violence on an almost daily increasing trend is posing a lot of questions in our mind as to whether this is a good time to be there in Spain with family.
thanks and best regards
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First-time Trip to Ireland! Seeking helpful advice...
- 2 Walking the Cotswolds
- 3 Four days in London! What are some must-see sights?
- 4 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 5 Four days in Amsterdam- What to Do?!
- 6 Rhine / Mosel Rivers in Germany and Beyond
- 7 Day trips from Cologne
- 8 Comments, please about these Rome apartments
- 9 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 10 Self-service Laundry in Rhodes?
- 11 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 12 Weekly Markets Lake District and Dales
- 13 I have 10 days to spend in Italy! Advice needed!
- 14 Day trips from London advice
- 15 My summer in Paris
- 16 IDP for Scotland
- 17 Transportation for 16+- in Italy
- 18 Trip to Paris and Switzerland.
- 19 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 20 A great read for anyone visiting the UK.
- 21 Three day trips from Amsterdam
- 22 Corsica and Sardinia
- 23 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 24 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 25 Booking flights! Best timing for kids?