Good to be back after a while.
My company is sending me on a long term assignment to Madrid, Spain. I am very excited about this opportunity and planning to land there with my family asap. We want to work and enjoy the Mediterranean charm and the rich Spanish culture and enrich our lives with Dali, Picasso, Real Madrid , Tapas and Almadovar among the many other attractions. We are already taking Spanish lessons to be able to be immersed in their culture and way of life from day one in Madrid.
However there is a lot of concern here about the Spanish economy in general and safety and security of foreigners in specific. Many reports of violence on an almost daily increasing trend is posing a lot of questions in our mind as to whether this is a good time to be there in Spain with family.
thanks and best regards
Security Concern in Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 2 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 3 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 4 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 5 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 6 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 7 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 8 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 9 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 10 Shoes for Paris in April
- 11 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 12 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 13 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 14 Otherchelebi Can you Help Me?
- 15 21 Days in Central Europe
- 16 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 17 London visit
- 18 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 19 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 20 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 21 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 22 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 23 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 24 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 25 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?