Good to be back after a while.
My company is sending me on a long term assignment to Madrid, Spain. I am very excited about this opportunity and planning to land there with my family asap. We want to work and enjoy the Mediterranean charm and the rich Spanish culture and enrich our lives with Dali, Picasso, Real Madrid , Tapas and Almadovar among the many other attractions. We are already taking Spanish lessons to be able to be immersed in their culture and way of life from day one in Madrid.
However there is a lot of concern here about the Spanish economy in general and safety and security of foreigners in specific. Many reports of violence on an almost daily increasing trend is posing a lot of questions in our mind as to whether this is a good time to be there in Spain with family.
thanks and best regards
Security Concern in Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 2 Florence veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 3 How long in Venice?
- 4 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 5 tuscany wine tours and transfers
- 6 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 7 December honeymoon in Europe
- 8 London: Oyster Card or Travelcard?
- 9 Firenze Card OR Amici Degli Uffizi Card??
- 10 staying a month or so in each place
- 11 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 12 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 13 URGENT: Fontana Del Papa, Tolfa Cooking School Info Pls
- 14 Visiting Amsterdam, Brussels and Bruges
- 15 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 16 Barcelona trip (La Festa Gracia! and more)
- 17 Robbed in Rome... by a "Police Officer"?
- 18 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 19 Sky diving in Barcelona
- 20 Advice on 8 day England Itinerary - No London
- 21 Spending money in Italy?
- 22 Late night train from Prague
- 23 Down in the River To Say "Bore Da": Wales May/June 2014
- 24 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 25 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise