Good to be back after a while.
My company is sending me on a long term assignment to Madrid, Spain. I am very excited about this opportunity and planning to land there with my family asap. We want to work and enjoy the Mediterranean charm and the rich Spanish culture and enrich our lives with Dali, Picasso, Real Madrid , Tapas and Almadovar among the many other attractions. We are already taking Spanish lessons to be able to be immersed in their culture and way of life from day one in Madrid.
However there is a lot of concern here about the Spanish economy in general and safety and security of foreigners in specific. Many reports of violence on an almost daily increasing trend is posing a lot of questions in our mind as to whether this is a good time to be there in Spain with family.
thanks and best regards
Security Concern in Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 2 To include Florence or Not....A Venice, (maybe Florence), and Rome trip
- 3 Has anyone used Hop Airlines?
- 4 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 5 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 6 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 7 COSMOS Tour- 9 day Irish Explorer
- 8 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 9 Luzern to Zurich
- 10 Malaga article
- 11 A week in Sicily doable or not?
- 12 "Untours" as a tour guide
- 13 Help me find a Villa in Val D'Orcia this Summer!
- 14 Spain in 17 days
- 15 Question about Tallinin and Riga.
- 16 Car travel from Munich-Fussen-Bad Ragaz-Interlaken: Roads?
- 17 2-week Central/Eastern Europe itinerary questions
- 18 Help re: Driving from Venice Airport to Kobarid, Slovenia
- 19 Slow, south of france with a baby, a five year old and no driving
- 20 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 21 Which Car to book at CDG in May 2015? Do you get Complimentary Upgrade?
- 22 Spain in 17 days
- 23 German Wings
- 24 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 25 Renting a car after train to Florence