Good to be back after a while.
My company is sending me on a long term assignment to Madrid, Spain. I am very excited about this opportunity and planning to land there with my family asap. We want to work and enjoy the Mediterranean charm and the rich Spanish culture and enrich our lives with Dali, Picasso, Real Madrid , Tapas and Almadovar among the many other attractions. We are already taking Spanish lessons to be able to be immersed in their culture and way of life from day one in Madrid.
However there is a lot of concern here about the Spanish economy in general and safety and security of foreigners in specific. Many reports of violence on an almost daily increasing trend is posing a lot of questions in our mind as to whether this is a good time to be there in Spain with family.
thanks and best regards
Security Concern in Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 2 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 3 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 4 Paris and where else?
- 5 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 6 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 7 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 8 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 9 Eleanor's Pages
- 10 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 11 Amsterdam for a few hours, would you?
- 12 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 13 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 14 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 15 Transportation ticket in Athens
- 16 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 17 Internet or travel agent?
- 18 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 19 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 20 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?
- 21 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 22 Aran Islands in wintertime
- 23 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 24 Beware Hotel Henry IV on Place Dauphine, Paris
- 25 Trip report of our visit to Rioja