Good to be back after a while.
My company is sending me on a long term assignment to Madrid, Spain. I am very excited about this opportunity and planning to land there with my family asap. We want to work and enjoy the Mediterranean charm and the rich Spanish culture and enrich our lives with Dali, Picasso, Real Madrid , Tapas and Almadovar among the many other attractions. We are already taking Spanish lessons to be able to be immersed in their culture and way of life from day one in Madrid.
However there is a lot of concern here about the Spanish economy in general and safety and security of foreigners in specific. Many reports of violence on an almost daily increasing trend is posing a lot of questions in our mind as to whether this is a good time to be there in Spain with family.
thanks and best regards
Security Concern in Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain tips beyond safety
- 2 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 3 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 4 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 5 American electrical gadgets
- 6 Eating in France-two new books
- 7 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 8 seven days in Portugal
- 9 Ten days in Portugal - what are your favorites?
- 10 I need a haircut
- 11 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 12 What to wear
- 13 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 14 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 15 London neighborhood suggestions
- 16 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 17 1 week in Croatia
- 18 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 19 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 20 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 21 german rail ticket question
- 22 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 23 Where to buy Venice mask?
- 24 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 25 What to see along the Welsh coast?