Good to be back after a while.
My company is sending me on a long term assignment to Madrid, Spain. I am very excited about this opportunity and planning to land there with my family asap. We want to work and enjoy the Mediterranean charm and the rich Spanish culture and enrich our lives with Dali, Picasso, Real Madrid , Tapas and Almadovar among the many other attractions. We are already taking Spanish lessons to be able to be immersed in their culture and way of life from day one in Madrid.
However there is a lot of concern here about the Spanish economy in general and safety and security of foreigners in specific. Many reports of violence on an almost daily increasing trend is posing a lot of questions in our mind as to whether this is a good time to be there in Spain with family.
thanks and best regards
Security Concern in Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luggage sizing
- 2 Where should I go (4 days after work week in London)
- 3 Moving to Belfast
- 4 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 5 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 6 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 7 Gluten-free in Ireland
- 8 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 9 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 10 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 11 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 12 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 13 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 14 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 15 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 16 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 17 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 18 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 19 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 20 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 21 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 22 Scuol, Switzerland
- 23 2 Weeks in Paris
- 24 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 25 Dolomites in May? Worth it?