Good to be back after a while.
My company is sending me on a long term assignment to Madrid, Spain. I am very excited about this opportunity and planning to land there with my family asap. We want to work and enjoy the Mediterranean charm and the rich Spanish culture and enrich our lives with Dali, Picasso, Real Madrid , Tapas and Almadovar among the many other attractions. We are already taking Spanish lessons to be able to be immersed in their culture and way of life from day one in Madrid.
However there is a lot of concern here about the Spanish economy in general and safety and security of foreigners in specific. Many reports of violence on an almost daily increasing trend is posing a lot of questions in our mind as to whether this is a good time to be there in Spain with family.
thanks and best regards
Security Concern in Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 2 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 3 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 4 Eleanor's Pages
- 5 ParisScope: Will City Stand for a New Tour Montparnasse?
- 6 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 7 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 8 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 9 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 10 Winter honeymoon - Switzerland? Italian Alps? Other?
- 11 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 12 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 13 NO use of the Wheeled- Suitcases allowed in Venice!! Fine: 500 Euros!!
- 14 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 15 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 16 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 17 yk's Trip Report - 11 days of Art Nouveau in Vienna & Budapest Spring 2009
- 18 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 19 Restaurants or Cafes to Recommend in Fontainebleau?
- 20 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 21 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 22 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 23 European Trivial Trivia!
- 24 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 25 English ruined castles