Good to be back after a while.
My company is sending me on a long term assignment to Madrid, Spain. I am very excited about this opportunity and planning to land there with my family asap. We want to work and enjoy the Mediterranean charm and the rich Spanish culture and enrich our lives with Dali, Picasso, Real Madrid , Tapas and Almadovar among the many other attractions. We are already taking Spanish lessons to be able to be immersed in their culture and way of life from day one in Madrid.
However there is a lot of concern here about the Spanish economy in general and safety and security of foreigners in specific. Many reports of violence on an almost daily increasing trend is posing a lot of questions in our mind as to whether this is a good time to be there in Spain with family.
thanks and best regards
Security Concern in Madrid
- 1 Family European winter holiday
- 2 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 3 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 4 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 5 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 6 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 7 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 8 Dresden Train Station
- 9 Rome Accommodation
- 10 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 11 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 12 Chambermaid tipping
- 13 To Paris and Provence in June
- 14 London for Christmas
- 15 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 16 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 17 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 18 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 19 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 20 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 21 Has anyone used Airfare.com?
- 22 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 23 Greek islands from Turkey
- 24 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 25 rent car / Munich