Did they choose this list because these relatively obscure places are obscure or because they're obscure but deserve to get more attention?
They certainly are off the beaten track, pretty hard to get to. They're often hours by car or train from more well-known destinations.
Anyone been to any of these places?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 2 Train travel
- 3 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 4 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 5 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 6 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 7 National Parks near Prague, Budapest, Vienna or Eastern Europe?
- 8 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 9 Christmas Markets 2017
- 10 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 11 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 12 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 13 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 14 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 15 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 16 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 17 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 18 Hotel recommendations: Venice, Florence and Rome
- 19 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 20 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 21 Wengen 3 1/2 days trip final suggestion
- 22 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 23 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 24 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 25 Appenzell in December?
Secret European Villages -- obscure for the sake of obscurity?