I'm an architecture student based out of Los Angeles. I am registered to study in Segovia, Spain with an exchange program through Woodbury University and the IE University in Spain. Set to begin September 2nd, 2013.
I went to the consulate with my visa letter and other documents in hand, naïve and unaware that I needed an appointment to see the Spanish Consulate. I checked for the soonest appointment day, and its not until September 13th! I have informed my school and the school in Spain, both deans while CC'ing everyone I've been in contact with at IEU Spain.
They are going to contact the consulate and try to get my appointment from Sep. 13th moved to an earlier date.
That's all I know for now.
So, a new question arises. I thought of the idea to obtain a second passport in order to travel to Spain as a tourist under my allowable 90 day period, while my study visa is being processed. I will have a notarized representative from my school or my mother attend my appointment for me, to turn in all the documents along with the second passport I will have.
Is this possible? Has this been done?
The one red flag I see is this, "applications will not be accepted less than 60 days prior to departure."
So, does this mean that because I have already departed to Spain, they wont take the application? Even under special circumstances such as this?
Ive done extensive amounts of research on the Visa process, NOW after I know I need an appointment...
Hopefully someone within this forum can assist me on this matter.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ludwig Castles
- 2 London with Teens Trip Report
- 3 Best Viking Sites
- 4 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 5 Ex-pats with young kids
- 6 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 7 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 8 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 9 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 10 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 11 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 12 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 13 Hotels in Turin
- 14 Just 1 or 2 or 3 days in Rome? Here are free self guided itineraries
- 15 Romania: Putting together a 7-day itinerary
- 16 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 17 Help on ancient history route
- 18 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
- 19 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 20 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 21 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 22 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 23 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 24 Greece
- 25 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
Second Passport - One at the Consulate to process study visa while away