I'm an architecture student based out of Los Angeles. I am registered to study in Segovia, Spain with an exchange program through Woodbury University and the IE University in Spain. Set to begin September 2nd, 2013.
I went to the consulate with my visa letter and other documents in hand, naïve and unaware that I needed an appointment to see the Spanish Consulate. I checked for the soonest appointment day, and its not until September 13th! I have informed my school and the school in Spain, both deans while CC'ing everyone I've been in contact with at IEU Spain.
They are going to contact the consulate and try to get my appointment from Sep. 13th moved to an earlier date.
That's all I know for now.
So, a new question arises. I thought of the idea to obtain a second passport in order to travel to Spain as a tourist under my allowable 90 day period, while my study visa is being processed. I will have a notarized representative from my school or my mother attend my appointment for me, to turn in all the documents along with the second passport I will have.
Is this possible? Has this been done?
The one red flag I see is this, "applications will not be accepted less than 60 days prior to departure."
So, does this mean that because I have already departed to Spain, they wont take the application? Even under special circumstances such as this?
Ive done extensive amounts of research on the Visa process, NOW after I know I need an appointment...
Hopefully someone within this forum can assist me on this matter.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 2 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 3 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 4 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 5 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 6 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 7 2 Months in Sicily
- 8 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 9 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 10 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 11 What tips can you give about packing?
- 12 Ludwig Castles
- 13 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 14 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 15 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 16 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 17 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 18 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 19 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 20 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 21 Short Trip in July
- 22 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 23 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 24 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 25 First trip to England & Ireland-9 days in August
Second Passport - One at the Consulate to process study visa while away