I'm an architecture student based out of Los Angeles. I am registered to study in Segovia, Spain with an exchange program through Woodbury University and the IE University in Spain. Set to begin September 2nd, 2013.
I went to the consulate with my visa letter and other documents in hand, naïve and unaware that I needed an appointment to see the Spanish Consulate. I checked for the soonest appointment day, and its not until September 13th! I have informed my school and the school in Spain, both deans while CC'ing everyone I've been in contact with at IEU Spain.
They are going to contact the consulate and try to get my appointment from Sep. 13th moved to an earlier date.
That's all I know for now.
So, a new question arises. I thought of the idea to obtain a second passport in order to travel to Spain as a tourist under my allowable 90 day period, while my study visa is being processed. I will have a notarized representative from my school or my mother attend my appointment for me, to turn in all the documents along with the second passport I will have.
Is this possible? Has this been done?
The one red flag I see is this, "applications will not be accepted less than 60 days prior to departure."
So, does this mean that because I have already departed to Spain, they wont take the application? Even under special circumstances such as this?
Ive done extensive amounts of research on the Visa process, NOW after I know I need an appointment...
Hopefully someone within this forum can assist me on this matter.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 2 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 3 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 4 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 5 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 6 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 7 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 8 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 9 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 10 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 11 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 12 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 13 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 14 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 15 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 16 Planning A trip
- 17 Driving through Paris
- 18 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 19 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 20 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 21 Bruges
- 22 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 23 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 24 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 25 First - but not last - trip to Greece
Second Passport - One at the Consulate to process study visa while away