I'm an architecture student based out of Los Angeles. I am registered to study in Segovia, Spain with an exchange program through Woodbury University and the IE University in Spain. Set to begin September 2nd, 2013.
I went to the consulate with my visa letter and other documents in hand, naïve and unaware that I needed an appointment to see the Spanish Consulate. I checked for the soonest appointment day, and its not until September 13th! I have informed my school and the school in Spain, both deans while CC'ing everyone I've been in contact with at IEU Spain.
They are going to contact the consulate and try to get my appointment from Sep. 13th moved to an earlier date.
That's all I know for now.
So, a new question arises. I thought of the idea to obtain a second passport in order to travel to Spain as a tourist under my allowable 90 day period, while my study visa is being processed. I will have a notarized representative from my school or my mother attend my appointment for me, to turn in all the documents along with the second passport I will have.
Is this possible? Has this been done?
The one red flag I see is this, "applications will not be accepted less than 60 days prior to departure."
So, does this mean that because I have already departed to Spain, they wont take the application? Even under special circumstances such as this?
Ive done extensive amounts of research on the Visa process, NOW after I know I need an appointment...
Hopefully someone within this forum can assist me on this matter.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 2 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 3 Spain in July
- 4 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 5 We're here!
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Where to enjoy Paris
- 8 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 9 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 10 10 days in Paris and......
- 11 Prague Christmas Markets and Christmas mass
- 12 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 13 Athens
- 14 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 15 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 16 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 17 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 18 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 19 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 20 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 21 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 22 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 23 Budapest & Prague
- 24 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 25 Destination from London by train, advice please
Second Passport - One at the Consulate to process study visa while away