We have plans to leave Amsterdam on 23rd May and go to Paris. We wanted to divide the journey and enjoy Brussels on the way. We were thinking of taking the intercity train from Amsterdam to Brussels (in the morning), enjoying Brussels for a couple of hours, and then heading to Paris CDG Airport train station by TGV train (in the evening).
We have bought a rail-pass and would need reservation on the TGV train. But the raileurope charges lot of fees for doing a simple reservation, and plus TGV reservations have no email way of delivering the reservations, and since there are just 20 days left before we leave, we would ideally prefer email, and not having to wait for it to come in the mail.
So we were wondering if anyone knew how busy these TGV trains are? and if we really need a reservation from here? or can we do the reservation the day we land in Amsterdam (21st May)? Any other options on booking these reservations?
FYI - we are trying to avoid Thaly's as the reservation for Thaly's is $59 even after you have the railpass.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 2 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 3 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 4 Korean Messages
- 5 Interesting places to visit
- 6 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 7 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 8 Swiss Travel Pass
- 9 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 10 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 11 6-7 Days in France
- 12 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 13 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 14 5 Days in Switzerland
- 15 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 16 Petrol in Greece
- 17 Another tipping question: concierges
- 18 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 19 Budapest in December 2017
- 20 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 21 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 22 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 23 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 24 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 25 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
Seat reservation on Brussels to Paris CDG Airport TGV train