We have plans to leave Amsterdam on 23rd May and go to Paris. We wanted to divide the journey and enjoy Brussels on the way. We were thinking of taking the intercity train from Amsterdam to Brussels (in the morning), enjoying Brussels for a couple of hours, and then heading to Paris CDG Airport train station by TGV train (in the evening).
We have bought a rail-pass and would need reservation on the TGV train. But the raileurope charges lot of fees for doing a simple reservation, and plus TGV reservations have no email way of delivering the reservations, and since there are just 20 days left before we leave, we would ideally prefer email, and not having to wait for it to come in the mail.
So we were wondering if anyone knew how busy these TGV trains are? and if we really need a reservation from here? or can we do the reservation the day we land in Amsterdam (21st May)? Any other options on booking these reservations?
FYI - we are trying to avoid Thaly's as the reservation for Thaly's is $59 even after you have the railpass.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days to spend in europe
- 2 Europe Sim card help
- 3 3 weeks - Helsinki-Tallinn-Riga-Vilnius - Aug/Sept.
- 4 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 5 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 6 Local markets in Italy
- 7 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 8 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 9 http://www.trypromusclefit.com/exoslim-garcinia-cambogia/
- 10 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 11 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 12 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 13 Guides - Matera
- 14 Celebrity Reflection Greek Island Cruise
- 15 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 16 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 17 England and Wales by public transport
- 18 Buying flowers in London?
- 19 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 20 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 21 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 22 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 23 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 24 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 25 What am I missing: Amsterdam
Seat reservation on Brussels to Paris CDG Airport TGV train