We have plans to leave Amsterdam on 23rd May and go to Paris. We wanted to divide the journey and enjoy Brussels on the way. We were thinking of taking the intercity train from Amsterdam to Brussels (in the morning), enjoying Brussels for a couple of hours, and then heading to Paris CDG Airport train station by TGV train (in the evening).
We have bought a rail-pass and would need reservation on the TGV train. But the raileurope charges lot of fees for doing a simple reservation, and plus TGV reservations have no email way of delivering the reservations, and since there are just 20 days left before we leave, we would ideally prefer email, and not having to wait for it to come in the mail.
So we were wondering if anyone knew how busy these TGV trains are? and if we really need a reservation from here? or can we do the reservation the day we land in Amsterdam (21st May)? Any other options on booking these reservations?
FYI - we are trying to avoid Thaly's as the reservation for Thaly's is $59 even after you have the railpass.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 2 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 3 Self drive tour companies
- 4 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 5 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 6 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 7 St Denis Cathedral
- 8 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 9 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 10 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 11 Praiano
- 12 No Periods in British Written English!
- 13 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 14 Help please
- 15 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 16 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 17 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 18 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 19 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 20 Rome to venice
- 21 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 22 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
- 24 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 25 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
Seat reservation on Brussels to Paris CDG Airport TGV train