We have plans to leave Amsterdam on 23rd May and go to Paris. We wanted to divide the journey and enjoy Brussels on the way. We were thinking of taking the intercity train from Amsterdam to Brussels (in the morning), enjoying Brussels for a couple of hours, and then heading to Paris CDG Airport train station by TGV train (in the evening).
We have bought a rail-pass and would need reservation on the TGV train. But the raileurope charges lot of fees for doing a simple reservation, and plus TGV reservations have no email way of delivering the reservations, and since there are just 20 days left before we leave, we would ideally prefer email, and not having to wait for it to come in the mail.
So we were wondering if anyone knew how busy these TGV trains are? and if we really need a reservation from here? or can we do the reservation the day we land in Amsterdam (21st May)? Any other options on booking these reservations?
FYI - we are trying to avoid Thaly's as the reservation for Thaly's is $59 even after you have the railpass.
Seat reservation on Brussels to Paris CDG Airport TGV train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Authentic czech food
- 2 Advice for Seville in September, especially for the Bienale de flamenco?
- 3 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 4 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 5 In the movie "Roman Holiday..."
- 6 Switzerland travel in December
- 7 Ireland Itinerary - feedback requested
- 8 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 9 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 10 Decision time...
- 11 Be careful in Vienna
- 12 Italy - unusually so
- 13 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 14 Spain in November
- 15 Slow travel Lisbon and ??? in Portugal in early Nov.--2 weeks
- 16 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 17 How to get to Plaka from Athens airport in the least expensive way?
- 18 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 19 About cars in Austria
- 20 England/EPL family vacation
- 21 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 22 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 23 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 24 Never To Return
- 25 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3