We have plans to leave Amsterdam on 23rd May and go to Paris. We wanted to divide the journey and enjoy Brussels on the way. We were thinking of taking the intercity train from Amsterdam to Brussels (in the morning), enjoying Brussels for a couple of hours, and then heading to Paris CDG Airport train station by TGV train (in the evening).
We have bought a rail-pass and would need reservation on the TGV train. But the raileurope charges lot of fees for doing a simple reservation, and plus TGV reservations have no email way of delivering the reservations, and since there are just 20 days left before we leave, we would ideally prefer email, and not having to wait for it to come in the mail.
So we were wondering if anyone knew how busy these TGV trains are? and if we really need a reservation from here? or can we do the reservation the day we land in Amsterdam (21st May)? Any other options on booking these reservations?
FYI - we are trying to avoid Thaly's as the reservation for Thaly's is $59 even after you have the railpass.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CapitaineTrain.com again !!!!!
- 2 Tour Planning--Now or later?
- 3 Have I made a mistake in my apartment choice in Paris?
- 4 Gibraltar-is it worth a stop?
- 5 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 6 Barcelona Itinerary
- 7 6 nights in Portugal? Suggestions?
- 8 Just Us 2 Wedding and 2 Wks in Europe. We need help planning please!
- 9 Switzerland - altitude sickness question.
- 10 Transportation: Heathrow to London
- 11 Need help with Switzerland and Italy iterinary
- 12 Anyone Have Experience with eat with.com
- 13 Help in Planning Train Schedule Milan/Florence/Rome/Milan
- 14 Rail Itinerary around Northern/Central Italy
- 15 Barcelona Barcelona where have you been all my life! Days 1 and 2
- 16 German itinerary advice ending in Baltic cruise
- 17 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 18 Our Paris plans
- 19 Firenze Card OR Amici Degli Uffizi Card??
- 20 Dubrovnik City Wall Walk - Hours?
- 21 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 22 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 23 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 24 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 25 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
Seat reservation on Brussels to Paris CDG Airport TGV train