We have plans to leave Amsterdam on 23rd May and go to Paris. We wanted to divide the journey and enjoy Brussels on the way. We were thinking of taking the intercity train from Amsterdam to Brussels (in the morning), enjoying Brussels for a couple of hours, and then heading to Paris CDG Airport train station by TGV train (in the evening).
We have bought a rail-pass and would need reservation on the TGV train. But the raileurope charges lot of fees for doing a simple reservation, and plus TGV reservations have no email way of delivering the reservations, and since there are just 20 days left before we leave, we would ideally prefer email, and not having to wait for it to come in the mail.
So we were wondering if anyone knew how busy these TGV trains are? and if we really need a reservation from here? or can we do the reservation the day we land in Amsterdam (21st May)? Any other options on booking these reservations?
FYI - we are trying to avoid Thaly's as the reservation for Thaly's is $59 even after you have the railpass.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 2 Chinese visit to France
- 3 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 4 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 5 France for a month in 2017
- 6 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 7 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 8 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 9 15 days trip to Europe
- 10 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 11 Day trips from Uzes
- 12 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 13 HELP! Anyone ever done the walk from TELLARO to LERICI in Liguria?
- 14 An introduction to Italy (Lerici, Barga, and Lucca)
- 15 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 16 Vuerling airlines
- 17 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 18 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 19 All of Spain or something else..?
- 20 Barcelona extension
- 21 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 22 Europe itinerary review
- 23 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 24 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 25 How Challenging Did You Find German to Learn?
Seat reservation on Brussels to Paris CDG Airport TGV train