We have plans to leave Amsterdam on 23rd May and go to Paris. We wanted to divide the journey and enjoy Brussels on the way. We were thinking of taking the intercity train from Amsterdam to Brussels (in the morning), enjoying Brussels for a couple of hours, and then heading to Paris CDG Airport train station by TGV train (in the evening).
We have bought a rail-pass and would need reservation on the TGV train. But the raileurope charges lot of fees for doing a simple reservation, and plus TGV reservations have no email way of delivering the reservations, and since there are just 20 days left before we leave, we would ideally prefer email, and not having to wait for it to come in the mail.
So we were wondering if anyone knew how busy these TGV trains are? and if we really need a reservation from here? or can we do the reservation the day we land in Amsterdam (21st May)? Any other options on booking these reservations?
FYI - we are trying to avoid Thaly's as the reservation for Thaly's is $59 even after you have the railpass.
Seat reservation on Brussels to Paris CDG Airport TGV train
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 3 7 days in Andalucia
- 4 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 5 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 6 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 7 Euro Train
- 8 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 9 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 10 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 11 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 12 London for Christmas
- 13 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 14 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 15 Belgium
- 16 Navigo Decouverte
- 17 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 18 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 19 More help with housing in Puglia
- 20 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 21 15 days in Europe,
- 22 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 23 Madrid to Sevilla
- 24 London, Paris, and Brussels 2014
- 25 Taxi Availability from Bus Station