We have plans to leave Amsterdam on 23rd May and go to Paris. We wanted to divide the journey and enjoy Brussels on the way. We were thinking of taking the intercity train from Amsterdam to Brussels (in the morning), enjoying Brussels for a couple of hours, and then heading to Paris CDG Airport train station by TGV train (in the evening).
We have bought a rail-pass and would need reservation on the TGV train. But the raileurope charges lot of fees for doing a simple reservation, and plus TGV reservations have no email way of delivering the reservations, and since there are just 20 days left before we leave, we would ideally prefer email, and not having to wait for it to come in the mail.
So we were wondering if anyone knew how busy these TGV trains are? and if we really need a reservation from here? or can we do the reservation the day we land in Amsterdam (21st May)? Any other options on booking these reservations?
FYI - we are trying to avoid Thaly's as the reservation for Thaly's is $59 even after you have the railpass.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 2 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 3 European Cooking Secrets
- 4 RHK's Fall escape
- 5 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 6 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 7 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 8 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 9 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 10 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 11 Verona or Athens?
- 12 Italy or France with a 15 month old in March?
- 13 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 14 Lisbon guided sightseeing tours
- 15 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 16 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 17 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 18 Skiing Village or Small Town near Vienna
- 19 Uwaga : koniec = parking fine
- 20 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 21 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 22 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises
- 23 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 24 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 25 Assisi, Chianti & Inqie Terre-2 wks.
Seat reservation on Brussels to Paris CDG Airport TGV train