In mid to late August, my family (me, my husband and our three kids - ages almost 10,7 and 6) will be driving from Sicily to northern Italy. We have about a week, , so I wanted to stop at a beach area for a few days on the way up. We don't mind driving ten hours if we had to, or spending the last two days in the car. (We are ex pats in Europe so no time change or flights to contend with - just need to back with a day or two to recover before the kids have to return to school). We will be visiting family and sightseeing in Sicily so while I am keen to see a few historical sites, our plan is wander around small towns, discover new Italian playgrounds, enjoy good food and sit on a beach. Many years ago I visited Sorrento (without my husband) and loved it! I didn't make it onto Capril or to the Grotto, but did get to take a beautiful boat ride around the islands and the coast- and always said that I would return. It was touristy then, but I have heard it is even more crowded these days and especially in August, so I am thinking that may not be the best place to make our base. Our children would love to visit Pompeii and Herculeanus (and Mt Vesuvius, assuming it is open), which made me lean towards making our base on the Amalfi coast. I am open to stopping in Pompeii area for two or so days and then driving up the east or west coast and stopping somewhere else that is pretty, has good food, kid friendly, swimming (we prefer sandy beaches over rocky beaches) and is moderately priced. We are amenable to campgrounds that provide cabins or where you can rent tents as we will not have them with us. Our kids have been to Italy a few times and covered much of the northern part so we are leaning towards staying somewhere in the south. I took them to Cinque Terre in October and they enjoyed it, although it was too cold to swim so we did boat trips and hiking, not really "beach" stuff. We were in South of France this May and while they liked it - the beaches were very rocky, which made it difficult. I also would be interested to learn if there were other islands, less well known and off the beaten path compared to Capri, where we could stay without it being totally over crowded and over priced.
On that note, if my idea of enjoying a beach holiday in Italy in August is completely unreasonable - please tell me. We can switch gears and take the ferry from Sicily to the north and do something else.
Oh -I should mention we will have our car - a station wagon, so somewhere I can park or that is accessible after I park the car outside of the city center - is key.
Thank you in advance for your ideas, advice and inspiration!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 카지노룰렛방법≪♨≫SKT110.CoM≪♨≫카지노바카라룰
- 2 해외온라인카지노【XAX111.ＣoM】카지노사이트
- 3 카지노머신동영상【XAX111.ＣoM】아시안바카라
- 4 카지노돈따기≪♨≫SKT110.CoM≪♨≫카지노룰렛방법
- 5 리조트월드카지노【XAX111.ＣoM】아시안카지노
- 6 바카라이기는방법【XAX111.ＣoM】온라인카지노
- 7 바카라프로그램■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온카マ온카
- 8 실시간카지노주소■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■마블카지노ご마블카지노
- 9 호주카지노후기■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■라이브카지노ペ라이브카지노
- 10 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 11 해피카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■바카라추천ぃ바카라추천
- 12 해피카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■바카라추천ぃ바카라추천
- 13 라이브슈퍼바카라■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온라인바카라ナ온라인바카라
- 14 생중계카지노싸이트■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■생중계카지노ぺ생중계카지노
- 15 카지노쿠폰■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온카지노え온카지노
- 16 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 17 F1카지노추천■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온라인카지노ぞ온라인카지노
- 18 인터넷정선카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■카지노コ카지노
- 19 VIP전용카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■바카라사이트주소ム바카라사이트주소
- 20 젠틀맨카지노주소■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■코리아카지노モ코리아카지노
- 21 33카지노사이트추천■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■바카라사이트つ바카라사이트
- 22 엘카지노호텔■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온라인카지노주소グ온라인카지노주소
- 23 성인바카라■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■생방송바카라ぴ생방송바카라
- 24 온라인바카라■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■슈퍼카지노し슈퍼카지노
- 25 카지노잭팟녀■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■바카라ヘ바카라
Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday