I'm new to the forums, but I have LOVED getting to know a little bit more about traveling in Scotland thanks to all of your help in the forum.
I'm in the beginning stages of building/planning a trip for this summer. I have from late June to late August in which to travel, and my husband and I were thinking two weeks.
He has never been to Europe and is nervous about driving on the opposite side of the road, so I was thinking we could use the rail system. Is the rail system in Scotland easy to maneuver?
I was thinking we'd fly into Edinburgh and spend 3 days there, maybe doing some day trips with Rabbie's or another local business, then travel to the Aberdeen area for a day or two, Nairn for about 2-3, the Isle of Skye for 2-3 days, and wrapping up with Glencoe (back to Edinburgh to fly home). Are all of these locations stops on the system? Once we're in the towns/cities, is traveling around easy to do?
Thanks for any help you can give me. I truly appreciate it!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://skin4up.com/gifted-anti-aging-cream/
- 2 Scotland in 7 Days
- 3 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 4 Need advice on our trip to Germany, Switzerland and Austria
- 5 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 6 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 7 Azores
- 8 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 9 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 10 Connection time in Athens?
- 11 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 12 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 13 Short Trip in July
- 14 Ludwig Castles
- 15 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 16 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 17 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 18 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 19 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 20 Escorted Tours
- 21 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 22 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 23 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 24 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 25 2 Months in Sicily