I'm new to the forums, but I have LOVED getting to know a little bit more about traveling in Scotland thanks to all of your help in the forum.
I'm in the beginning stages of building/planning a trip for this summer. I have from late June to late August in which to travel, and my husband and I were thinking two weeks.
He has never been to Europe and is nervous about driving on the opposite side of the road, so I was thinking we could use the rail system. Is the rail system in Scotland easy to maneuver?
I was thinking we'd fly into Edinburgh and spend 3 days there, maybe doing some day trips with Rabbie's or another local business, then travel to the Aberdeen area for a day or two, Nairn for about 2-3, the Isle of Skye for 2-3 days, and wrapping up with Glencoe (back to Edinburgh to fly home). Are all of these locations stops on the system? Once we're in the towns/cities, is traveling around easy to do?
Thanks for any help you can give me. I truly appreciate it!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 2 Black hair stylists or braids in Barcelona
- 3 Summer Travel order
- 4 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 5 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 6 Trip suggestion
- 7 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 8 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 9 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 10 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 11 Dijon in December!
- 12 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 13 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 14 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 15 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 16 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 17 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 18 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 19 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 20 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 21 Swiss Travel Pass
- 22 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 23 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 24 Another tipping question: concierges
- 25 24 hours in Zurich