We are visiting the Scottish Highlands for the first time with our three children: 10, 15, and 17. We will have two nights. We plan to take the sleeper train from London to Glasgow and from there launch into two nights in the Highlands. Does anyone have any suggestions? We were thinking of taking the Jacobite train north and then going to Isle of Skye and on to Inverness.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 2 Driving in Italy?
- 3 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 4 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 5 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 6 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 7 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 8 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 9 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 10 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 11 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 12 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 13 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 14 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 15 Shoes in Scotland
- 16 Engadine Valley help
- 17 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 18 Naples, Italy
- 19 Ireland in April
- 20 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 21 French restaurants
- 22 Tuscany 6 nights
- 23 Ireland travel passport question
- 24 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 25 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees