Returned from trip to the Scottish Highlands and can't wait to return. I never expected to find such a complete experience. Driving to our amazing Scottish Estate, Aultmore House, located in Nethybridge, the "WOWs," started immediately. We knew this is going to be something wonderful. As we drove up the driveway of Aultmore House and turned the corner to the gorgeous home that was to be ours for a week, I could hear my husband gasp in disbelief. While the home and estate was astounding and kept us "ohhing" and "ahhing" the surrounding countryside and mini-adventures all blended into one experience of a life we had never imagined. Green, greener, greenish, and emerald were just some of the shades that greeted us at every hillside, whether walking or driving. Aultmore borders the Cairngorm National Park with paths that are the best for bird watching, hiking, or just a stroll. The wooly cows and trickling waters on the property, made our morning or evening walks, feel like we were in the middle of a fairy tale. While there are tourists, the area is expansive and you experience a calming effect immediately. I felt like whispering all the time. Coming home I could not pick apart the trip but will always remember it as the entire experience of having made an incredibly magical journey to a world I had not known.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris in black and white
- 2 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 3 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 4 Best time of day to get tickets to the Anne Frank Haus?
- 5 Day trips from Bologna
- 6 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 7 Terrorism in Europe
- 8 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 9 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 10 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 11 How did YOU get to Puglia?
- 12 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 13 Grad Schools in London?
- 14 Vicenza day trip - can we walk everywhere?
- 15 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 16 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 17 Reina Sofia guided tour?
- 18 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 19 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 20 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 21 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 22 Mama Mia Italy!
- 23 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 24 Chasing the Tour de France 2014
- 25 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal