Returned from trip to the Scottish Highlands and can't wait to return. I never expected to find such a complete experience. Driving to our amazing Scottish Estate, Aultmore House, located in Nethybridge, the "WOWs," started immediately. We knew this is going to be something wonderful. As we drove up the driveway of Aultmore House and turned the corner to the gorgeous home that was to be ours for a week, I could hear my husband gasp in disbelief. While the home and estate was astounding and kept us "ohhing" and "ahhing" the surrounding countryside and mini-adventures all blended into one experience of a life we had never imagined. Green, greener, greenish, and emerald were just some of the shades that greeted us at every hillside, whether walking or driving. Aultmore borders the Cairngorm National Park with paths that are the best for bird watching, hiking, or just a stroll. The wooly cows and trickling waters on the property, made our morning or evening walks, feel like we were in the middle of a fairy tale. While there are tourists, the area is expansive and you experience a calming effect immediately. I felt like whispering all the time. Coming home I could not pick apart the trip but will always remember it as the entire experience of having made an incredibly magical journey to a world I had not known.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains in Italy
- 2 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 3 Dublin to Armagh?
- 4 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 5 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 6 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 7 England and Scotland
- 8 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 9 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 10 Air pollution in Paris
- 11 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 12 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 13 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 14 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 15 Naxos in May
- 16 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 17 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 18 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 19 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 20 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 21 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 22 Budapest to Berlin by Train - Tickets on DB BAHN not available for 05 Jan
- 23 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 24 connecting flight to marseille or not
- 25 rent phone and 3g wifi