Returned from trip to the Scottish Highlands and can't wait to return. I never expected to find such a complete experience. Driving to our amazing Scottish Estate, Aultmore House, located in Nethybridge, the "WOWs," started immediately. We knew this is going to be something wonderful. As we drove up the driveway of Aultmore House and turned the corner to the gorgeous home that was to be ours for a week, I could hear my husband gasp in disbelief. While the home and estate was astounding and kept us "ohhing" and "ahhing" the surrounding countryside and mini-adventures all blended into one experience of a life we had never imagined. Green, greener, greenish, and emerald were just some of the shades that greeted us at every hillside, whether walking or driving. Aultmore borders the Cairngorm National Park with paths that are the best for bird watching, hiking, or just a stroll. The wooly cows and trickling waters on the property, made our morning or evening walks, feel like we were in the middle of a fairy tale. While there are tourists, the area is expansive and you experience a calming effect immediately. I felt like whispering all the time. Coming home I could not pick apart the trip but will always remember it as the entire experience of having made an incredibly magical journey to a world I had not known.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scottish Passport
- 2 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 3 Netflix has expanded to 6 new countries today.
- 4 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 5 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 6 See You In Minsk
- 7 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 8 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 9 Florence Hotel Advice
- 10 California touring rock thrash band, France and Italy
- 11 Italy tours
- 12 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 13 Air France strike
- 14 Why I can't make train seat reservation from Dresden to Berlin
- 15 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 16 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 17 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 18 Paris to Chantilly transportation question
- 19 Florence over Christmas w kids
- 20 Best day trips from Paris
- 21 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 22 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 23 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 24 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 25 Good Loire Valley 2 day tour group? Or also do Mt. St Michel?