Returned from trip to the Scottish Highlands and can't wait to return. I never expected to find such a complete experience. Driving to our amazing Scottish Estate, Aultmore House, located in Nethybridge, the "WOWs," started immediately. We knew this is going to be something wonderful. As we drove up the driveway of Aultmore House and turned the corner to the gorgeous home that was to be ours for a week, I could hear my husband gasp in disbelief. While the home and estate was astounding and kept us "ohhing" and "ahhing" the surrounding countryside and mini-adventures all blended into one experience of a life we had never imagined. Green, greener, greenish, and emerald were just some of the shades that greeted us at every hillside, whether walking or driving. Aultmore borders the Cairngorm National Park with paths that are the best for bird watching, hiking, or just a stroll. The wooly cows and trickling waters on the property, made our morning or evening walks, feel like we were in the middle of a fairy tale. While there are tourists, the area is expansive and you experience a calming effect immediately. I felt like whispering all the time. Coming home I could not pick apart the trip but will always remember it as the entire experience of having made an incredibly magical journey to a world I had not known.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 25 days in Europe
- 2 ANDALUCIA - CIVIL WAR GUIDE?
- 3 Italy by Cruise Ship or Airplane/Rail
- 4 Easier connection to London's city center -- Gatwick or Stansted?
- 5 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 6 Amsterdam B&B -- Tulipa -- Feedback Wanted
- 7 Oslo, Norway - worth the trip?
- 8 scotland trave;
- 9 Makes Blackpool look Fab
- 10 EuropeanQuiz # 70 ( Friday)
- 11 Hotel or bed and breakfast in Venice
- 12 Newgrange
- 13 Spain. malaga to granada
- 14 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 15 Afternoon Tea in London: Savoy vs. Ritz
- 16 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 17 Jeff Steiner interviews Adrian Leeds re Paris short-term rentals.
- 18 Traveling after Dublin
- 19 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 20 Caceres hotel rec - Not the Parador
- 21 Airb2b in Paris
- 22 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 23 Oyster Card/Travelcard Question
- 24 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 25 Mauro Mansion B&B -- Feedback Wanted