Returned from trip to the Scottish Highlands and can't wait to return. I never expected to find such a complete experience. Driving to our amazing Scottish Estate, Aultmore House, located in Nethybridge, the "WOWs," started immediately. We knew this is going to be something wonderful. As we drove up the driveway of Aultmore House and turned the corner to the gorgeous home that was to be ours for a week, I could hear my husband gasp in disbelief. While the home and estate was astounding and kept us "ohhing" and "ahhing" the surrounding countryside and mini-adventures all blended into one experience of a life we had never imagined. Green, greener, greenish, and emerald were just some of the shades that greeted us at every hillside, whether walking or driving. Aultmore borders the Cairngorm National Park with paths that are the best for bird watching, hiking, or just a stroll. The wooly cows and trickling waters on the property, made our morning or evening walks, feel like we were in the middle of a fairy tale. While there are tourists, the area is expansive and you experience a calming effect immediately. I felt like whispering all the time. Coming home I could not pick apart the trip but will always remember it as the entire experience of having made an incredibly magical journey to a world I had not known.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 2 CROATIA SPLIT
- 3 Easier travel
- 4 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 5 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 6 Paris first then where?
- 7 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 8 Does this sound feasible?
- 9 Family trip to Europe - suggestions welcome
- 10 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 11 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 12 :"Europe's Masterworks Vs. the Masses"
- 13 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 14 Stay away from EF Tours
- 15 bringing back some bits from Italy. What's allowed?
- 16 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 17 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 18 Self-driving tips for France
- 19 Suggestion for wine tasting and winery tours in Tuscany
- 20 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 21 Dordogne in October
- 22 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 23 BMW European Delivery program
- 24 Driving Holiday Austria-Switzerland-Italy/Germany-Austria
- 25 Good Flamenco in Seville