Returned from trip to the Scottish Highlands and can't wait to return. I never expected to find such a complete experience. Driving to our amazing Scottish Estate, Aultmore House, located in Nethybridge, the "WOWs," started immediately. We knew this is going to be something wonderful. As we drove up the driveway of Aultmore House and turned the corner to the gorgeous home that was to be ours for a week, I could hear my husband gasp in disbelief. While the home and estate was astounding and kept us "ohhing" and "ahhing" the surrounding countryside and mini-adventures all blended into one experience of a life we had never imagined. Green, greener, greenish, and emerald were just some of the shades that greeted us at every hillside, whether walking or driving. Aultmore borders the Cairngorm National Park with paths that are the best for bird watching, hiking, or just a stroll. The wooly cows and trickling waters on the property, made our morning or evening walks, feel like we were in the middle of a fairy tale. While there are tourists, the area is expansive and you experience a calming effect immediately. I felt like whispering all the time. Coming home I could not pick apart the trip but will always remember it as the entire experience of having made an incredibly magical journey to a world I had not known.
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 2 Overnight stopover in London!
- 3 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 4 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 5 To Paris and Provence in June
- 6 London for Christmas
- 7 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 8 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 9 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 10 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 11 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 12 Dawdling Through the Dordogne
- 13 Walking around Barcelona??
- 14 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 15 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 16 Novels set in Greece
- 17 Spain and Portugal
- 18 Three for the road
- 19 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 20 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 21 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 22 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 23 Help: Lake District & Yorkshire Dales
- 24 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 25 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013