Returned from trip to the Scottish Highlands and can't wait to return. I never expected to find such a complete experience. Driving to our amazing Scottish Estate, Aultmore House, located in Nethybridge, the "WOWs," started immediately. We knew this is going to be something wonderful. As we drove up the driveway of Aultmore House and turned the corner to the gorgeous home that was to be ours for a week, I could hear my husband gasp in disbelief. While the home and estate was astounding and kept us "ohhing" and "ahhing" the surrounding countryside and mini-adventures all blended into one experience of a life we had never imagined. Green, greener, greenish, and emerald were just some of the shades that greeted us at every hillside, whether walking or driving. Aultmore borders the Cairngorm National Park with paths that are the best for bird watching, hiking, or just a stroll. The wooly cows and trickling waters on the property, made our morning or evening walks, feel like we were in the middle of a fairy tale. While there are tourists, the area is expansive and you experience a calming effect immediately. I felt like whispering all the time. Coming home I could not pick apart the trip but will always remember it as the entire experience of having made an incredibly magical journey to a world I had not known.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland
- 2 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 3 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 4 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 5 Can't choose between Seville and Granada!
- 6 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 7 itinerary help
- 8 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 9 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 10 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 11 Toulouse and beyond -
- 12 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 13 Estonia Amber
- 14 7 days in Greece
- 15 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 16 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 17 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 18 Bergamo/Bellagio - suggestions?
- 19 Reims for a day
- 20 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 21 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 22 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 23 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 24 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 25 Not hot in Europe in July?