Returned from trip to the Scottish Highlands and can't wait to return. I never expected to find such a complete experience. Driving to our amazing Scottish Estate, Aultmore House, located in Nethybridge, the "WOWs," started immediately. We knew this is going to be something wonderful. As we drove up the driveway of Aultmore House and turned the corner to the gorgeous home that was to be ours for a week, I could hear my husband gasp in disbelief. While the home and estate was astounding and kept us "ohhing" and "ahhing" the surrounding countryside and mini-adventures all blended into one experience of a life we had never imagined. Green, greener, greenish, and emerald were just some of the shades that greeted us at every hillside, whether walking or driving. Aultmore borders the Cairngorm National Park with paths that are the best for bird watching, hiking, or just a stroll. The wooly cows and trickling waters on the property, made our morning or evening walks, feel like we were in the middle of a fairy tale. While there are tourists, the area is expansive and you experience a calming effect immediately. I felt like whispering all the time. Coming home I could not pick apart the trip but will always remember it as the entire experience of having made an incredibly magical journey to a world I had not known.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 2 Southern Spain
- 3 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 4 Scotland November 2015
- 5 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 6 Germany in December 2015
- 7 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 8 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 9 All Set To Go!!
- 10 Vegan in Germany?
- 11 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 12 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 13 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 14 biking tours in Italy?
- 15 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 16 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 17 Which european city?
- 18 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 19 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 20 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 21 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 22 Rail tickets Question: Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Antwerp
- 23 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 24 Italy Countryside
- 25 Adventures in Italy with Momma