Returned from trip to the Scottish Highlands and can't wait to return. I never expected to find such a complete experience. Driving to our amazing Scottish Estate, Aultmore House, located in Nethybridge, the "WOWs," started immediately. We knew this is going to be something wonderful. As we drove up the driveway of Aultmore House and turned the corner to the gorgeous home that was to be ours for a week, I could hear my husband gasp in disbelief. While the home and estate was astounding and kept us "ohhing" and "ahhing" the surrounding countryside and mini-adventures all blended into one experience of a life we had never imagined. Green, greener, greenish, and emerald were just some of the shades that greeted us at every hillside, whether walking or driving. Aultmore borders the Cairngorm National Park with paths that are the best for bird watching, hiking, or just a stroll. The wooly cows and trickling waters on the property, made our morning or evening walks, feel like we were in the middle of a fairy tale. While there are tourists, the area is expansive and you experience a calming effect immediately. I felt like whispering all the time. Coming home I could not pick apart the trip but will always remember it as the entire experience of having made an incredibly magical journey to a world I had not known.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on 8 day England Itinerary - No London
- 2 tuscany wine tours and transfers
- 3 Barcelona trip (La Festa Gracia! and more)
- 4 Spending money in Italy?
- 5 staying a month or so in each place
- 6 URGENT: Fontana Del Papa, Tolfa Cooking School Info Pls
- 7 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 8 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 9 Late night train from Prague
- 10 Robbed in Rome... by a "Police Officer"?
- 11 Down in the River To Say "Bore Da": Wales May/June 2014
- 12 December honeymoon in Europe
- 13 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 14 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 15 London: Oyster Card or Travelcard?
- 16 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 17 Itinerary for 11 day trip to France
- 18 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 19 Madrid and London
- 20 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 21 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 22 Sky diving in Barcelona
- 23 Visiting Amsterdam, Brussels and Bruges
- 24 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 25 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take