I am zeroing in on planning one part of our Britain trip in June, following a lot of helpful comments on the first draft of the overall trip beginning in London and ending in Glasgow.
The piece below is the part from Hadrian’s Wall through the Scottish Borders (I am numbering the days as part of the overall draft):
(Days 1 – 5: London & Lakes District)
Days 6 & 7 Haltwhistle: drive from Lakes District to Haltwhistle, stay at Ashcroft B&B; today and tomorrow visit Vindolanda, Housesteads, Roman Museum, maybe drive to Langley Castle for lunch
Day 8 Alnwick: drive to Alnwick; where to stay? Visit Alnwick castle, then on morning of Day 9 Holy Isle (get out before high tide comes in around noon!), Bamburgh
Days 9&10 Melrose: around noon of Day 9 drive to Melrose and on the way see Floors or Mellerstain (I’m thinking we could not see both in that time?) Once arrived in Melrose, stay at Old Bank House or Town House? On day 10 visit Melrose Abbey, Abbotsford, and possibly Dryburgh, then drive to Traquair in mid-day of Day 11 so we have time to settle in, visit the brewery and the maze.
Day 11 Traquair: If I have engineered this correctly, this will be a Friday so we can have dinner at Traquair. They only serve dinner in season, and only on Friday and Saturday, according to their website. (We are taking Airtransat, a large Quebec charter airline, out of Montreal, and they only have flights to London and Glasgow two or three times a week in high season so I am having to juggle the calendar to fit things in.)
Day 12: drive to Galashiels, drop off rental car, take the train to Edinburgh, change for train to Glasgow. As long as I’m doing this, I might as well finish off the trip…
Arrive early afternoon in Glasgow: stay in Premier Inn. See some Mackintosh.
Day 13: at 9 a.m. leave on Rabbies Tour of “Oban, Glencoe, West Highlands Lochs and Castles,” returning to Glasgow at 7:30 pm. We’re not usually tour people, but this seems designed for small groups of 15 or less and an efficient way to take a brief look at part of the west highlands.
Day 14: fly from Glasgow back to Montreal
As always, thanks in advance for any and all ideas, suggestions, comments!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 생방송카지노추천■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■바카라추천ぽ바카라추천
- 2 온라인바카라하는곳■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■생방송카지노ル생방송카지노
- 3 온라인신천지 ▶ 홈피:≫tt349.com≪
- 4 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 5 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 6 손오공릴게임 ◐ 도메인 :≫tt349.com≪
- 7 Best Places to Visit in Iceland?
- 8 손오공릴게임 ◐ 도메인 :≫tt349.com≪
- 9 손오공게임 ▼ 접속 :≫tt349.com≪
- 10 Shopping and staying near Frankfurt, Germany
- 11 Train(s) from Lucerne to Barcelona?
- 12 정통카지노【 HOT424。COM 】카지노고수
- 13 My Topic T내국인출입카지노【 HOT424。COM 】한국카지노itle
- 14 카지노바카라정보【 HOT424。COM 】대구바카라
- 15 My Topic Title사이버원정카지노【 HOT424。COM 】일본도박장
- 16 하이원카지노리조트【 HOT424。COM 】홍콩호텔카지노
- 17 강원랜드바카라잭팟【 HOT424。COM 】제주도바카라
- 18 페가수스카지노【 HOT424。COM 】부산바카라
- 19 강원랜드이기는법【 HOT424。COM 】우리나라카지노
- 20 카지노바카라게임【 HOT424。COM 】강원랜드광고
- 21 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 22 바카라따는법■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■아시안카지노や아시안카지노
- 23 삼삼카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■인터넷카지노주소き인터넷카지노주소
- 24 정통바카라■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■인터넷바카라추천ゃ인터넷바카라추천
- 25 My Topic Title제이파크카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■온카지노ベ온카지노
Scottish Borders and Hadrian’s Wall – 2nd draft of Britain Trip