My husband and I are taking a 12 day self-drive tour through Scotland this coming September. Our travel agent has come up with a sample itinerary for us...
Day 1 & 2 - Edinburgh
Day 3 - Drive from Edinburgh to Inverness
Day 4 - Inverness & surrounding areas
Day 5 - Drive to Thurso, ferry to Orkney
Day 6 - Ullapool
Day 7 & 8 - Isle of Skye
... but there's one major thing we have to decide. To anyone who's been up to the Orkney Islands, is it worth it? There's quite a lot of travel time to get there, and our itinerary has us spending one full day exploring.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wales
- 2 Paris in early august
- 3 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 4 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 5 Italy travel plan help
- 6 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 7 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 8 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 9 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 10 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 11 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 12 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 13 Tracking the Weather
- 14 Globus Iberian Tour
- 15 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 17 Budapest to Kosice
- 18 Poland to Austria In December
- 19 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 20 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 21 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 22 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 23 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 24 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 25 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track