My husband and I are taking a 12 day self-drive tour through Scotland this coming September. Our travel agent has come up with a sample itinerary for us...
Day 1 & 2 - Edinburgh
Day 3 - Drive from Edinburgh to Inverness
Day 4 - Inverness & surrounding areas
Day 5 - Drive to Thurso, ferry to Orkney
Day 6 - Ullapool
Day 7 & 8 - Isle of Skye
... but there's one major thing we have to decide. To anyone who's been up to the Orkney Islands, is it worth it? There's quite a lot of travel time to get there, and our itinerary has us spending one full day exploring.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 2 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 3 Scotland in 7 Days
- 4 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 5 Need advice on our trip to Germany, Switzerland and Austria
- 6 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 7 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 8 Azores
- 9 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 10 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 11 Connection time in Athens?
- 12 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 13 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 14 Short Trip in July
- 15 Ludwig Castles
- 16 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 17 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 18 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 19 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 20 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 21 Escorted Tours
- 22 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 23 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 24 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing