My husband and I are taking a 12 day self-drive tour through Scotland this coming September. Our travel agent has come up with a sample itinerary for us...
Day 1 & 2 - Edinburgh
Day 3 - Drive from Edinburgh to Inverness
Day 4 - Inverness & surrounding areas
Day 5 - Drive to Thurso, ferry to Orkney
Day 6 - Ullapool
Day 7 & 8 - Isle of Skye
... but there's one major thing we have to decide. To anyone who's been up to the Orkney Islands, is it worth it? There's quite a lot of travel time to get there, and our itinerary has us spending one full day exploring.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 2 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 3 Milan or Turin
- 4 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 5 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 6 Barcelona alternative
- 7 Paris to Italy
- 8 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 9 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 10 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 13 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 14 Iceland early december visit
- 15 Frankfurt to UK
- 16 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 17 God Save the Queen?
- 18 Road trip with our dog
- 19 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 20 9 Days in Spain
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 23 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 24 Spanish Medical Providers
- 25 Italy Car Scam