My husband and I are taking a 12 day self-drive tour through Scotland this coming September. Our travel agent has come up with a sample itinerary for us...
Day 1 & 2 - Edinburgh
Day 3 - Drive from Edinburgh to Inverness
Day 4 - Inverness & surrounding areas
Day 5 - Drive to Thurso, ferry to Orkney
Day 6 - Ullapool
Day 7 & 8 - Isle of Skye
... but there's one major thing we have to decide. To anyone who's been up to the Orkney Islands, is it worth it? There's quite a lot of travel time to get there, and our itinerary has us spending one full day exploring.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 2 Ireland itinerary help please
- 3 No Periods in British Written English!
- 4 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 5 CDG much improved
- 6 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 7 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 8 St Denis Cathedral
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 12 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 13 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 14 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 15 Rouen Tour Companies
- 16 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 17 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 18 Ronda Wine/biking
- 19 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 20 Italy bus or train
- 21 May get together in Paris
- 22 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 24 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 25 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?