Special (but very last minute) trip for my daughter and me. College graduation and a big birthday celebration for me. Life is in the way and only allows this much time (crazy, I know!)
Goal - fun!
Not overly concerned with museums, churches.
We love shopping, eating/drinking, men in kilts!
Would love to see some gorgeous scenery/castles but easily bored, need action!
We did not know this when booking flights, but there are major festivals in the time we are there in Edinburgh - Military Tattoo and Fringe Arts.
Tickets purchased with airline points just this week, so last minute, so lucky to get direct flights!
Arrive Glasgow: 8 am Saturday 8/16/15
Depart London Sunday, 8/23. Need to be at airport 3 pm
My thoughts in scoping the framework (this is where I need your help!):
Arrival day: Glasgow. Jet lag - do as much as possible
Day 2: Day trip to Highlands/Oban via tour company (please tell me who you love for this? Confusing!)
Day 3: Glasgow to Edinburgh
Day 4: Edinburgh
Day 5: Edinburgh -direct train to London in evening
Day 6 : London
Day 7:: London
Day 8: London
Day 9 (partial) London depart
Is a one day trip to Highlands too short, given my overall timeframe? Also, not sure if best to see via train tour or company that drives in shuttles.
Is the Military Tattoo a touristy thing or a must do?
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated including favorites places stay. Not afraid to splurge.
THANKS ALL in advance, Cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 릴게임총판 ▼ 접속 :≫tt349.com≪
- 2 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 3 Getting around London
- 4 WWI sites
- 5 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 8 Paris in August
- 9 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 10 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 11 Christmas in Spain
- 12 Germany-Car or Train
- 13 Brussels flower tapestry
- 14 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 15 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 16 Lake Como,Italy
- 17 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 18 Valencia Spain
- 19 Language to use in Belgium
- 20 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 21 Visiting Zurich
- 22 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 23 Places to visit from Zurich
- 24 SURPRISE TRIP
- 25 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!