Special (but very last minute) trip for my daughter and me. College graduation and a big birthday celebration for me. Life is in the way and only allows this much time (crazy, I know!)
Goal - fun!
Not overly concerned with museums, churches.
We love shopping, eating/drinking, men in kilts!
Would love to see some gorgeous scenery/castles but easily bored, need action!
We did not know this when booking flights, but there are major festivals in the time we are there in Edinburgh - Military Tattoo and Fringe Arts.
Tickets purchased with airline points just this week, so last minute, so lucky to get direct flights!
Arrive Glasgow: 8 am Saturday 8/16/15
Depart London Sunday, 8/23. Need to be at airport 3 pm
My thoughts in scoping the framework (this is where I need your help!):
Arrival day: Glasgow. Jet lag - do as much as possible
Day 2: Day trip to Highlands/Oban via tour company (please tell me who you love for this? Confusing!)
Day 3: Glasgow to Edinburgh
Day 4: Edinburgh
Day 5: Edinburgh -direct train to London in evening
Day 6 : London
Day 7:: London
Day 8: London
Day 9 (partial) London depart
Is a one day trip to Highlands too short, given my overall timeframe? Also, not sure if best to see via train tour or company that drives in shuttles.
Is the Military Tattoo a touristy thing or a must do?
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated including favorites places stay. Not afraid to splurge.
THANKS ALL in advance, Cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 2 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 3 Itinery help Crete
- 4 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 5 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 6 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 7 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 8 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 9 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 10 3 nights in Madrid
- 11 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 12 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 13 London 6 day itinerary
- 14 Rome hotel
- 15 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 16 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 17 London Hotel - Different Request
- 18 alcazar question and seville advice
- 19 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 20 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 21 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 22 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 23 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 24 Iceland trip report!
- 25 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria