Special (but very last minute) trip for my daughter and me. College graduation and a big birthday celebration for me. Life is in the way and only allows this much time (crazy, I know!)
Goal - fun!
Not overly concerned with museums, churches.
We love shopping, eating/drinking, men in kilts!
Would love to see some gorgeous scenery/castles but easily bored, need action!
We did not know this when booking flights, but there are major festivals in the time we are there in Edinburgh - Military Tattoo and Fringe Arts.
Tickets purchased with airline points just this week, so last minute, so lucky to get direct flights!
Arrive Glasgow: 8 am Saturday 8/16/15
Depart London Sunday, 8/23. Need to be at airport 3 pm
My thoughts in scoping the framework (this is where I need your help!):
Arrival day: Glasgow. Jet lag - do as much as possible
Day 2: Day trip to Highlands/Oban via tour company (please tell me who you love for this? Confusing!)
Day 3: Glasgow to Edinburgh
Day 4: Edinburgh
Day 5: Edinburgh -direct train to London in evening
Day 6 : London
Day 7:: London
Day 8: London
Day 9 (partial) London depart
Is a one day trip to Highlands too short, given my overall timeframe? Also, not sure if best to see via train tour or company that drives in shuttles.
Is the Military Tattoo a touristy thing or a must do?
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated including favorites places stay. Not afraid to splurge.
THANKS ALL in advance, Cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 2 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 3 getting to CDG
- 4 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 5 Barcelona cooking classes
- 6 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 7 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 8 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 9 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 10 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 11 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 12 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 13 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 14 4 days itinerary for France
- 15 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 16 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 17 Help with Ferries in Croatia
- 18 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 19 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 20 vienna
- 21 Questions about Polish sights
- 22 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 23 Bernina Express mid-March
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 Italy