Special (but very last minute) trip for my daughter and me. College graduation and a big birthday celebration for me. Life is in the way and only allows this much time (crazy, I know!)
Goal - fun!
Not overly concerned with museums, churches.
We love shopping, eating/drinking, men in kilts!
Would love to see some gorgeous scenery/castles but easily bored, need action!
We did not know this when booking flights, but there are major festivals in the time we are there in Edinburgh - Military Tattoo and Fringe Arts.
Tickets purchased with airline points just this week, so last minute, so lucky to get direct flights!
Arrive Glasgow: 8 am Saturday 8/16/15
Depart London Sunday, 8/23. Need to be at airport 3 pm
My thoughts in scoping the framework (this is where I need your help!):
Arrival day: Glasgow. Jet lag - do as much as possible
Day 2: Day trip to Highlands/Oban via tour company (please tell me who you love for this? Confusing!)
Day 3: Glasgow to Edinburgh
Day 4: Edinburgh
Day 5: Edinburgh -direct train to London in evening
Day 6 : London
Day 7:: London
Day 8: London
Day 9 (partial) London depart
Is a one day trip to Highlands too short, given my overall timeframe? Also, not sure if best to see via train tour or company that drives in shuttles.
Is the Military Tattoo a touristy thing or a must do?
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated including favorites places stay. Not afraid to splurge.
THANKS ALL in advance, Cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in London
- 2 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 3 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 4 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 5 Self drive tour companies
- 6 scotland
- 7 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 8 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 9 Ischia
- 10 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 11 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 12 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 13 Barcelona
- 14 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 15 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 16 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 17 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 18 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 19 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 20 No Periods in British Written English!
- 21 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 22 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 23 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 24 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 25 Dinner get-together in Paris?