The B2B and DF are making a trip for Wedding Venues to Scotland next week! We added a couple of days to the itinerary as DF would like to get a glimpse of Belgium, Bruge and Ghent, in particular.
The wedding venues we've discussed seem to be in and around Edinburgh. We'll fly from Washington, DC to EDI, arrive early a.m. get out into the city that day, get out into the countryside the next few days with a car exploring the venues and meeting with some clergy.
By Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest, I should think we could take a flight to Bruge to spend a few days there exploring the city and then perhaps pick up a car.
I would appreciate your hotel recommendations in:
Edinburgh - DF appreciates a nicer hotel than I. I've slept in a very remote monastery in Bulgaria, I can do with less.
Bruge: Centrally located, nice.
I often do AutoEurope or car rentals.com for auto rentals.
Any suggestions on the easiest way to travel from Scotland to Bruge? Is there a reason to travel by car and take a ferry over?
Plus, what is your favorite thing to see or do in Edinburgh and area?
What is your must-see place in Belgium?
Restaurants would be fun to hear of? I am, of course, on a diet! But, DF is a foodie!
Obviously, by these base questions, Bruge just was added to the scheme late last night and I haven't done any research! All help is appreciated. I need to make my flight reservations today and may fly into Edi and out of Belgium.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 무료다빈치 ◐ 도메인 :≫tt349.com≪
- 2 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 3 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 4 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 5 dinner jackets
- 6 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 7 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 8 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 9 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 10 2 weeks Europe trip
- 11 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 12 Transportation
- 13 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 14 4 days in Provence in early June
- 15 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 16 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 17 Leather goods in Florence
- 18 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 19 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 20 France Itinerary Advice
- 21 Trip to Rome
- 22 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 23 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 24 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 25 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
Scotland Wedding Planning, Added Belgium! Logistics help, Plz?