The B2B and DF are making a trip for Wedding Venues to Scotland next week! We added a couple of days to the itinerary as DF would like to get a glimpse of Belgium, Bruge and Ghent, in particular.
The wedding venues we've discussed seem to be in and around Edinburgh. We'll fly from Washington, DC to EDI, arrive early a.m. get out into the city that day, get out into the countryside the next few days with a car exploring the venues and meeting with some clergy.
By Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest, I should think we could take a flight to Bruge to spend a few days there exploring the city and then perhaps pick up a car.
I would appreciate your hotel recommendations in:
Edinburgh - DF appreciates a nicer hotel than I. I've slept in a very remote monastery in Bulgaria, I can do with less.
Bruge: Centrally located, nice.
I often do AutoEurope or car rentals.com for auto rentals.
Any suggestions on the easiest way to travel from Scotland to Bruge? Is there a reason to travel by car and take a ferry over?
Plus, what is your favorite thing to see or do in Edinburgh and area?
What is your must-see place in Belgium?
Restaurants would be fun to hear of? I am, of course, on a diet! But, DF is a foodie!
Obviously, by these base questions, Bruge just was added to the scheme late last night and I haven't done any research! All help is appreciated. I need to make my flight reservations today and may fly into Edi and out of Belgium.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://nutritionless.com/metabo-pure/
- 2 3nights in Venice
- 3 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 4 Paris in November
- 5 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 6 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 7 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 8 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 9 Munich itinerary review
- 10 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 11 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 12 Football Tickets - Athens
- 13 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 14 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 15 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 16 Last minute trip to Capri
- 17 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 18 Earthquake near Naples
- 19 Budapest to Kosice
- 20 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 21 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 22 My 3 days in Venice
- 23 multi city flights to europe
- 24 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 25 Travel from Kensington, London to Cambridge
Scotland Wedding Planning, Added Belgium! Logistics help, Plz?