The B2B and DF are making a trip for Wedding Venues to Scotland next week! We added a couple of days to the itinerary as DF would like to get a glimpse of Belgium, Bruge and Ghent, in particular.
The wedding venues we've discussed seem to be in and around Edinburgh. We'll fly from Washington, DC to EDI, arrive early a.m. get out into the city that day, get out into the countryside the next few days with a car exploring the venues and meeting with some clergy.
By Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest, I should think we could take a flight to Bruge to spend a few days there exploring the city and then perhaps pick up a car.
I would appreciate your hotel recommendations in:
Edinburgh - DF appreciates a nicer hotel than I. I've slept in a very remote monastery in Bulgaria, I can do with less.
Bruge: Centrally located, nice.
I often do AutoEurope or car rentals.com for auto rentals.
Any suggestions on the easiest way to travel from Scotland to Bruge? Is there a reason to travel by car and take a ferry over?
Plus, what is your favorite thing to see or do in Edinburgh and area?
What is your must-see place in Belgium?
Restaurants would be fun to hear of? I am, of course, on a diet! But, DF is a foodie!
Obviously, by these base questions, Bruge just was added to the scheme late last night and I haven't done any research! All help is appreciated. I need to make my flight reservations today and may fly into Edi and out of Belgium.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 2 Brugge hotel help
- 3 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 4 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 5 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 6 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 7 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 8 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 9 Another tipping question: concierges
- 10 Trip suggestion
- 11 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 12 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 13 Back from Paris
- 14 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 15 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 16 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 17 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 20 International Flight Question
- 21 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 22 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 23 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 24 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 25 Luggage Storage
Scotland Wedding Planning, Added Belgium! Logistics help, Plz?