The B2B and DF are making a trip for Wedding Venues to Scotland next week! We added a couple of days to the itinerary as DF would like to get a glimpse of Belgium, Bruge and Ghent, in particular.
The wedding venues we've discussed seem to be in and around Edinburgh. We'll fly from Washington, DC to EDI, arrive early a.m. get out into the city that day, get out into the countryside the next few days with a car exploring the venues and meeting with some clergy.
By Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest, I should think we could take a flight to Bruge to spend a few days there exploring the city and then perhaps pick up a car.
I would appreciate your hotel recommendations in:
Edinburgh - DF appreciates a nicer hotel than I. I've slept in a very remote monastery in Bulgaria, I can do with less.
Bruge: Centrally located, nice.
I often do AutoEurope or car rentals.com for auto rentals.
Any suggestions on the easiest way to travel from Scotland to Bruge? Is there a reason to travel by car and take a ferry over?
Plus, what is your favorite thing to see or do in Edinburgh and area?
What is your must-see place in Belgium?
Restaurants would be fun to hear of? I am, of course, on a diet! But, DF is a foodie!
Obviously, by these base questions, Bruge just was added to the scheme late last night and I haven't done any research! All help is appreciated. I need to make my flight reservations today and may fly into Edi and out of Belgium.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HOTMAIL@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Iceland france spain
- 3 Paris hotel
- 4 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 5 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 6 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 7 Spanish food - not that special?
- 8 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 9 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 10 Maximizing Norway time
- 11 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 12 How to travel from Thessaloniki airport to Halkidiki
- 13 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 14 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 15 Renting a car in Greece
- 16 Ex-pats with young kids
- 17 Greece
- 18 southeast sicily town as home base
- 19 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 20 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 21 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 22 London with Teens Trip Report
- 23 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 24 Top Tapas Tascas
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
Scotland Wedding Planning, Added Belgium! Logistics help, Plz?