We are planning a trip to Scotland in August 2014. I would like feedback on what it would be like to drive to some specific areas if we staying in a lodge in Dunkeld, Perthshire along the River Tay for 4 to 7 days. I understand the lodge is 50 miles from Edinburgh. We want to visit Edinburgh, St. Andrews, Perth, Auchterarder and maybe Loch Lomond. What are the roads like and are the distances reasonable for these trips? Are there any other places you would recommend seeing that are within a reasonable distance from our base? Thanks for sharing your perspective.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 2 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 3 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 4 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 5 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 6 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 7 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 8 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 9 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 10 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 11 All Set To Go!!
- 12 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 13 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 14 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 15 Which european city?
- 16 Southern Spain
- 17 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 18 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 19 Scotland November 2015
- 20 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 21 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 22 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 23 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 24 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)
- 25 Italy Countryside