We are planning a trip to Scotland in August 2014. I would like feedback on what it would be like to drive to some specific areas if we staying in a lodge in Dunkeld, Perthshire along the River Tay for 4 to 7 days. I understand the lodge is 50 miles from Edinburgh. We want to visit Edinburgh, St. Andrews, Perth, Auchterarder and maybe Loch Lomond. What are the roads like and are the distances reasonable for these trips? Are there any other places you would recommend seeing that are within a reasonable distance from our base? Thanks for sharing your perspective.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 2 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 3 Best cheap airport hotel/hostel in Madrid?
- 4 Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza - 1 week. Seeking lodging, itinerary suggestions.
- 5 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 6 Riga 2014
- 7 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 8 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 9 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 10 How Do I call the US from Italy?
- 11 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 12 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 13 Back home problems with sim card
- 14 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 15 Budapest
- 16 Bikerscott & Jamikins in Portugal 2010/2011
- 17 Budapest--baggage storage
- 18 Which hostel in Cinque Terre?
- 19 sim card for Prague, Budapest, and Vienna
- 20 Taxi in Rome from airport to city
- 21 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 22 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 23 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 24 How do you find French food?
- 25 Day trips from Seville