This October, a friend and I are traveling to Glasgow, we had the plan to ferry over to Northern Ireland and see the Causeways and some of the castles up in the north, and then head back to Scotland for 3 days. We are flying back to the US from Edinburgh. Does anyone have any suggestions for traveling via ferry from Glasgow to Belfast? Also any driving tours? We don't plan on renting a car in Northern Ireland since we will only be there for two nights, the first day mostly staying in Belfast. But we do plan on renting a car for when we return to Glasgow, because we would like to go as far north into the highlands and Isle of Skye if we can. Any and all traveling tips would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 3 If you had to choose one......
- 4 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 5 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 6 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 7 Ireland travel passport question
- 8 Italy
- 9 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 10 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 11 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 12 Revised itinerary for italy
- 13 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 14 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 15 Biarritz family holiday
- 16 Lisbon hotel
- 17 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 18 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 19 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 20 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 21 4 Days in Tuscany
- 22 Switzerland
- 23 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 24 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 25 Another northern Italy itinerary.
Scotland to Northern Ireland and then back to Scotland. Tips?