We will be picking up a car at Glasgow airport. I do not know how early in the day we will be getting on the road since we have to check out of our hotel, get to the airport and then pick up the car. Also, it will be my husband's first attempt at driving on the left hand side. We are heading to the Isle of Eriska hotel north of Oban but want to see sights along the way. My initial plan was to go by A82 to Tarbet and then A83 to Lochgilphead and then A816 up to Oban. Is that too much to attempt? Is there enough lovely scenery, etc to make it worth going all around or should we turn off at A819? I planned to do a day trip to the Trossachs the next day. Would that work well? It's so hard to tell what would be too long a trip. Thanks so much for any help.
Scotland: Route from Glasgow to Oban
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 2 UK for 12 days !
- 3 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 4 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 5 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 6 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 7 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 8 Hungary - Budapest Eger Szentendre photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 9 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 10 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 11 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 12 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 13 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 14 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 15 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 16 9 days in turkey
- 17 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 18 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 19 Nice Video about Poland
- 20 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 21 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 22 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 23 France/Italy Itinerary Check
- 24 Estonia Amber
- 25 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains