We will be picking up a car at Glasgow airport. I do not know how early in the day we will be getting on the road since we have to check out of our hotel, get to the airport and then pick up the car. Also, it will be my husband's first attempt at driving on the left hand side. We are heading to the Isle of Eriska hotel north of Oban but want to see sights along the way. My initial plan was to go by A82 to Tarbet and then A83 to Lochgilphead and then A816 up to Oban. Is that too much to attempt? Is there enough lovely scenery, etc to make it worth going all around or should we turn off at A819? I planned to do a day trip to the Trossachs the next day. Would that work well? It's so hard to tell what would be too long a trip. Thanks so much for any help.
Scotland: Route from Glasgow to Oban
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 2 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 3 Questions for my German friends
- 4 What still confounds you about travel?
- 5 Train to Airport in Venice
- 6 Chip but no PIN
- 7 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 8 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 9 Foie gras, redux
- 10 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 11 Dublin Tour Companies
- 12 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 13 Day trips from Seville
- 14 Oktoberfest reservations
- 15 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 16 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 17 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 18 Switzerland and Piedmont, Italy itinerary suggestions
- 19 Completely off the beaten track on the Petite Ceinture
- 20 Southern France
- 21 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 22 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 23 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 24 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 25 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.