We will be picking up a car at Glasgow airport. I do not know how early in the day we will be getting on the road since we have to check out of our hotel, get to the airport and then pick up the car. Also, it will be my husband's first attempt at driving on the left hand side. We are heading to the Isle of Eriska hotel north of Oban but want to see sights along the way. My initial plan was to go by A82 to Tarbet and then A83 to Lochgilphead and then A816 up to Oban. Is that too much to attempt? Is there enough lovely scenery, etc to make it worth going all around or should we turn off at A819? I planned to do a day trip to the Trossachs the next day. Would that work well? It's so hard to tell what would be too long a trip. Thanks so much for any help.
Scotland: Route from Glasgow to Oban
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 2 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 3 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 4 Activ holiday in Andalusia
- 5 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 6 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 7 In the event you believe the nonsense next applying
- 8 What is the best way to get to Frankfurt from Pozieres
- 9 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 10 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 11 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 12 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 13 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 14 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 15 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 16 Venice-Milan Airport Woes
- 17 Quick Trip Report - MALTA/FRANKFURT
- 18 Paris and where else?
- 19 A taste of Italy in 11 nights
- 20 ParisScope: Will City Stand for a New Tour Montparnasse?
- 21 Real Mary King's Close Tour in Edinburgh
- 22 Raining in rome
- 23 Autumn in Paris
- 24 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 25 Suggestions for couple of days in spain plus best route to get to Morrocco