We will be picking up a car at Glasgow airport. I do not know how early in the day we will be getting on the road since we have to check out of our hotel, get to the airport and then pick up the car. Also, it will be my husband's first attempt at driving on the left hand side. We are heading to the Isle of Eriska hotel north of Oban but want to see sights along the way. My initial plan was to go by A82 to Tarbet and then A83 to Lochgilphead and then A816 up to Oban. Is that too much to attempt? Is there enough lovely scenery, etc to make it worth going all around or should we turn off at A819? I planned to do a day trip to the Trossachs the next day. Would that work well? It's so hard to tell what would be too long a trip. Thanks so much for any help.
Scotland: Route from Glasgow to Oban
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 2 Five nights in Extremadura
- 3 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 4 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 5 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 6 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 7 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 8 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 9 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 10 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 11 trip to norway
- 12 Is Venice really dirty?
- 13 Where to go in France mid July?
- 14 Help with England/Wales tour
- 15 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 16 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 17 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 18 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 19 Best beach town in Italy?
- 20 Cotswold Churches
- 21 A Greek sojourn
- 22 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 23 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 24 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 25 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report