We will be picking up a car at Glasgow airport. I do not know how early in the day we will be getting on the road since we have to check out of our hotel, get to the airport and then pick up the car. Also, it will be my husband's first attempt at driving on the left hand side. We are heading to the Isle of Eriska hotel north of Oban but want to see sights along the way. My initial plan was to go by A82 to Tarbet and then A83 to Lochgilphead and then A816 up to Oban. Is that too much to attempt? Is there enough lovely scenery, etc to make it worth going all around or should we turn off at A819? I planned to do a day trip to the Trossachs the next day. Would that work well? It's so hard to tell what would be too long a trip. Thanks so much for any help.
Scotland: Route from Glasgow to Oban
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 2 Wineries near Amalfi Coast?
- 3 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 4 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 5 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 6 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 7 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 8 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 9 Three ferries to Mull
- 10 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 11 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 12 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 13 Airport ATMs
- 14 American Express
- 15 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 16 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 17 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 18 MY OWN physique are not That attractive
- 19 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 20 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 21 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 22 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 23 Which european city?
- 24 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 25 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre