My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon to scotland later this summer(Aug.) and had a question. We have the majority of our trip planned as far as accommodations go. We are spending a few days in Edinburgh, then traveling up to Glencoe by way of stirling to spend a few days hiking and exploring the highlands. From there we are going to skye for a few days to take in the sights of the island(again, hiking and outdoor stuff is a priority, but open to pub, historic site, and other suggestions). Now the big question. Someone suggested going over the pass to applecross. We have one day after skye, after which we have to head back to Edinburgh to catch the Tattoo and the flight home the following day. So: Applecross looks really beautiful, remote(which I enjoy) and we have a tentative reservation at a nice place. The catch is we would have to wake up the next morning and make the approximately 6 hr. drive back to Edinburgh(which I am not averse to if it is worth the trip). Anyone been there? Is it worth the trip, or should I look somewhere else and spend the last day driving a bit less? If not, does anyone have any suggestions for must see(or at least noteworthy) places we should go that you could do in a day? Thanks for reading!
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 2 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 3 Family European winter holiday
- 4 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 5 To Paris and Provence in June
- 6 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 7 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 8 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 9 Euro Train
- 10 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 11 Travel by train or bus
- 12 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 13 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 14 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 15 Traveling within Italy
- 16 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 17 Florence in October
- 18 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 19 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 20 London at Easter
- 21 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 22 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 23 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 24 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 25 Advises for trip to Russia