My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon to scotland later this summer(Aug.) and had a question. We have the majority of our trip planned as far as accommodations go. We are spending a few days in Edinburgh, then traveling up to Glencoe by way of stirling to spend a few days hiking and exploring the highlands. From there we are going to skye for a few days to take in the sights of the island(again, hiking and outdoor stuff is a priority, but open to pub, historic site, and other suggestions). Now the big question. Someone suggested going over the pass to applecross. We have one day after skye, after which we have to head back to Edinburgh to catch the Tattoo and the flight home the following day. So: Applecross looks really beautiful, remote(which I enjoy) and we have a tentative reservation at a nice place. The catch is we would have to wake up the next morning and make the approximately 6 hr. drive back to Edinburgh(which I am not averse to if it is worth the trip). Anyone been there? Is it worth the trip, or should I look somewhere else and spend the last day driving a bit less? If not, does anyone have any suggestions for must see(or at least noteworthy) places we should go that you could do in a day? Thanks for reading!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tuscany intinerary-what to do on a Sunday
- 2 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 3 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 4 What to wear
- 5 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 6 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 7 Best way to get from Brno to Budapest
- 8 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 9 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 10 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 11 Chip but no PIN
- 12 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 13 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 14 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 15 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 16 Stay near Paris
- 17 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help
- 18 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 19 Oktoberfest reservations
- 20 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 21 Eurostar booking
- 22 Questions for my German friends
- 23 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 24 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 25 Good neighborhood to stay in Porto