Coming into Edinburg first of September. I want to stick to central, east coast and Highlands. Stop in Crief for the glass making and Queens View, tour Balmoral, and Inverary Castle and maybe stay in that area one night for possible Aurora Borealis sightings. I have two weeks and I want to stay in an apartment or cottage the entire time while doing day trips and overnighters in other locations. I want to stay in a castle of course for a couple of nights but I am not sure which ones are the best and I know there are only a few. My husband is a professional guitar player and he would love to play with local musicians while visiting. We also need a heads up on clothing. We are from Florida and I have NO winter clothes, but do I really need it or is layering better. All kind suggestions appreciated.
Scotland Itinerary.... September 2013
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 2 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 3 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 4 Wake up...all fodor posters who are so helpful...
- 5 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 6 Prague - must see
- 7 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 8 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 9 Euro Train
- 10 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 11 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 12 Getting to Gatwick and home again
- 13 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 14 Advises for trip to Russia
- 15 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 16 First time traveler to Ireland
- 17 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 18 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 19 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 20 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 21 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 22 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 23 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 24 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 25 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?