Coming into Edinburg first of September. I want to stick to central, east coast and Highlands. Stop in Crief for the glass making and Queens View, tour Balmoral, and Inverary Castle and maybe stay in that area one night for possible Aurora Borealis sightings. I have two weeks and I want to stay in an apartment or cottage the entire time while doing day trips and overnighters in other locations. I want to stay in a castle of course for a couple of nights but I am not sure which ones are the best and I know there are only a few. My husband is a professional guitar player and he would love to play with local musicians while visiting. We also need a heads up on clothing. We are from Florida and I have NO winter clothes, but do I really need it or is layering better. All kind suggestions appreciated.
Scotland Itinerary.... September 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 2 Fashion for larger man?
- 3 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 4 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 5 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 6 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 7 Traveling in France by train
- 8 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 9 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 10 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 11 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 12 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 13 Sicily - not a trip report
- 14 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 15 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 16 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 17 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 18 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 19 car rental advice in Portugal
- 20 Fjords, How To?
- 21 Duoro river cruises
- 22 What to wear
- 23 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 24 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 25 Budget for 3 Month's