Coming into Edinburg first of September. I want to stick to central, east coast and Highlands. Stop in Crief for the glass making and Queens View, tour Balmoral, and Inverary Castle and maybe stay in that area one night for possible Aurora Borealis sightings. I have two weeks and I want to stay in an apartment or cottage the entire time while doing day trips and overnighters in other locations. I want to stay in a castle of course for a couple of nights but I am not sure which ones are the best and I know there are only a few. My husband is a professional guitar player and he would love to play with local musicians while visiting. We also need a heads up on clothing. We are from Florida and I have NO winter clothes, but do I really need it or is layering better. All kind suggestions appreciated.
Scotland Itinerary.... September 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 2 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 3 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 4 Arriving in Prague
- 5 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 6 4 Months in Europe
- 7 2 Days in Rome
- 8 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 9 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 10 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 11 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 12 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 13 Tipping in the UK
- 14 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 15 2 weeks in Spain
- 16 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 17 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 18 Wines charted by flavor
- 19 Museum Pass
- 20 Central Europe itinerary
- 21 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 22 France in October
- 23 Day trips out of Florence?
- 24 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 25 Venice; recommendations