I will be visiting Scotland in August for nine days.
1) I have my tickets for the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. Before the show we want to eat close to the castle. Do you have any suggestions for restaurants? Also include restaurants that have special pre theater (Military Tattoo) dinners.
2) Itinerary- train from London to Edinburgh
--3 full days in Edinburgh
--1 day -West Highland Lochs & Castles Day Tour with Rabbies
--1 day -visit Stirling Castle and town
--1 day -train to Inverness
--1 day -Visit by public bus to the Culloden Battlefield and Visitor Centre & other
attractions near Inverness
--1 day -train to Glasgow
--1 day -Glasgow museums then back to Edinburgh
--Fly home from Edinburgh
What do you think about this itinerary?
I wanted to go to Inverness because I read that the Culloden sight was very interesting and that you could spend hours there. Is it worth going that far north to see Culloden? What other places would you recommend for me to visit around Inverness? Would it be very difficult do get around this area if we do not have a car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 2 Whathello Paris
- 3 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 4 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 5 Uber vs. TfL
- 6 Athens Help
- 7 Trains in Italy
- 8 Transport for local Venice travel
- 9 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 10 Crete Holiday
- 11 Christmas in Italy
- 12 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 13 "Too Much Cows"
- 14 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 15 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 16 Thinking about the Fjords
- 17 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 18 Rome to Venice
- 19 Alitala
- 20 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 21 Bordeaux to Nice
- 22 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 23 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 24 One free day in Barcelona
- 25 Maybe your worst nighmare...