I will be visiting Scotland in August for nine days.
1) I have my tickets for the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. Before the show we want to eat close to the castle. Do you have any suggestions for restaurants? Also include restaurants that have special pre theater (Military Tattoo) dinners.
2) Itinerary- train from London to Edinburgh
--3 full days in Edinburgh
--1 day -West Highland Lochs & Castles Day Tour with Rabbies
--1 day -visit Stirling Castle and town
--1 day -train to Inverness
--1 day -Visit by public bus to the Culloden Battlefield and Visitor Centre & other
attractions near Inverness
--1 day -train to Glasgow
--1 day -Glasgow museums then back to Edinburgh
--Fly home from Edinburgh
What do you think about this itinerary?
I wanted to go to Inverness because I read that the Culloden sight was very interesting and that you could spend hours there. Is it worth going that far north to see Culloden? What other places would you recommend for me to visit around Inverness? Would it be very difficult do get around this area if we do not have a car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia Spain
- 2 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 4 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 5 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 6 Vigo Spain????
- 7 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 8 Paris in August
- 9 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 10 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 11 Visiting Zurich
- 12 Help with Spain Itinerary
- 13 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 14 Christmas in Spain
- 15 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 16 Train travel to and from Paris
- 17 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 18 Zadar or Sibenik
- 19 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 20 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 21 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 22 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 23 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 24 Driving in Italy
- 25 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning