I will be visiting Scotland in August for nine days.
1) I have my tickets for the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. Before the show we want to eat close to the castle. Do you have any suggestions for restaurants? Also include restaurants that have special pre theater (Military Tattoo) dinners.
2) Itinerary- train from London to Edinburgh
--3 full days in Edinburgh
--1 day -West Highland Lochs & Castles Day Tour with Rabbies
--1 day -visit Stirling Castle and town
--1 day -train to Inverness
--1 day -Visit by public bus to the Culloden Battlefield and Visitor Centre & other
attractions near Inverness
--1 day -train to Glasgow
--1 day -Glasgow museums then back to Edinburgh
--Fly home from Edinburgh
What do you think about this itinerary?
I wanted to go to Inverness because I read that the Culloden sight was very interesting and that you could spend hours there. Is it worth going that far north to see Culloden? What other places would you recommend for me to visit around Inverness? Would it be very difficult do get around this area if we do not have a car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Couscous
- 2 Get : Recovery Password CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540:6830 VERIZON Technical SUPP0RT
- 3 16 days in France and Italy
- 4 European Vacation 2017
- 5 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 6 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 7 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 8 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 9 One July night in Verona - help!
- 10 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 11 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 12 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 13 London in September
- 14 Avoid Europcar!
- 15 Paris for children
- 16 Scotland - We're Here!
- 17 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 18 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 19 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 20 IWM
- 21 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 22 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 23 Guided Vatican Tours
- 24 Apartment/accomodation in Dubrovnik and Split
- 25 Best Masseria in Puglia