I'm in the process of working out the details for a trip to Scotland. We have 2 weeks to spend and I've come up with a preliminary itinerary. Please have a look and give me your opinions about the places I've chosen to home base as well as the amount of time I've allotted to see the sights in and around those areas. Let me know if you think I've missed something I shouldn't or if I'm taking the time to see something that's not really worth it. Thank you!
Fly into Edinburgh and spend 3 sleeps seeing the sights in and around the city
*visit East Neuk villages and St. Andrews
From Edinburgh, drive to Nairn and spend 3 sleeps, stopping for lunch at Pitlochry half way there
*visit Loch Ness, Culloden, Clava Cairns, Inverness
From Nairn, drive to Skye visiting Eilean Donan Castle on the way
Spend 3 sleeps in Skye seeing the sights in and around the area
From Skye, drive to Fort William and stay at Inverlochy Castle for 2 sleeps
*visit Fort William, Glencoe, Oban
From Fort William, drive to Stirling and spend 3 sleeps seeing the sights in and around the city
*visit Callander, Loch Lomond
From Stirling, drive to Borthwick Castle for 2 sleeps
Fly home from Edinburgh
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 2 Prem fares (again)
- 3 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 4 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 5 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 6 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 7 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 8 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 9 3 days solo in London
- 10 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 11 Chania
- 12 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person
- 13 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 14 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 15 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 16 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 17 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 18 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 19 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 20 Hotels in Turin
- 21 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 22 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 23 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 24 Help on ancient history route
- 25 Days to Avoid Roussillon, Gordes, etc.