I'm in the process of working out the details for a trip to Scotland. We have 2 weeks to spend and I've come up with a preliminary itinerary. Please have a look and give me your opinions about the places I've chosen to home base as well as the amount of time I've allotted to see the sights in and around those areas. Let me know if you think I've missed something I shouldn't or if I'm taking the time to see something that's not really worth it. Thank you!
Fly into Edinburgh and spend 3 sleeps seeing the sights in and around the city
*visit East Neuk villages and St. Andrews
From Edinburgh, drive to Nairn and spend 3 sleeps, stopping for lunch at Pitlochry half way there
*visit Loch Ness, Culloden, Clava Cairns, Inverness
From Nairn, drive to Skye visiting Eilean Donan Castle on the way
Spend 3 sleeps in Skye seeing the sights in and around the area
From Skye, drive to Fort William and stay at Inverlochy Castle for 2 sleeps
*visit Fort William, Glencoe, Oban
From Fort William, drive to Stirling and spend 3 sleeps seeing the sights in and around the city
*visit Callander, Loch Lomond
From Stirling, drive to Borthwick Castle for 2 sleeps
Fly home from Edinburgh
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation
- 2 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 3 Walking itinerary in England?
- 4 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 5 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 6 Dog friendly hotels
- 7 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 8 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 9 Cambridge in May
- 10 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 11 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 12 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 13 No Periods in British Written English!
- 14 Self drive tour companies
- 15 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 16 Madrid/Lisbon
- 17 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 18 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 19 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 20 Day trips around Vienna
- 21 Greek fuel cost
- 22 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 23 Killarney
- 24 First time in Bulgaria
- 25 Ireland last minute recommendations