I'm in the process of working out the details for a trip to Scotland. We have 2 weeks to spend and I've come up with a preliminary itinerary. Please have a look and give me your opinions about the places I've chosen to home base as well as the amount of time I've allotted to see the sights in and around those areas. Let me know if you think I've missed something I shouldn't or if I'm taking the time to see something that's not really worth it. Thank you!
Fly into Edinburgh and spend 3 sleeps seeing the sights in and around the city
*visit East Neuk villages and St. Andrews
From Edinburgh, drive to Nairn and spend 3 sleeps, stopping for lunch at Pitlochry half way there
*visit Loch Ness, Culloden, Clava Cairns, Inverness
From Nairn, drive to Skye visiting Eilean Donan Castle on the way
Spend 3 sleeps in Skye seeing the sights in and around the area
From Skye, drive to Fort William and stay at Inverlochy Castle for 2 sleeps
*visit Fort William, Glencoe, Oban
From Fort William, drive to Stirling and spend 3 sleeps seeing the sights in and around the city
*visit Callander, Loch Lomond
From Stirling, drive to Borthwick Castle for 2 sleeps
Fly home from Edinburgh
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 2 Budapest language lessons
- 3 Italy travel plan help
- 4 Thinking about the Fjords
- 5 Tours in Wales
- 6 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 7 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 8 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 9 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 10 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 11 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 12 barcelona neighborhood
- 13 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 14 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 15 Alsace to Austria?
- 16 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 17 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 18 Shorts in South of France?
- 19 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 20 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 21 Late fall 2015 visit to Poland, Budapest and Amsterdam
- 22 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 23 Private Guide in Lyon
- 24 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 25 Budapest Card