I'm in the process of working out the details for a trip to Scotland. We have 2 weeks to spend and I've come up with a preliminary itinerary. Please have a look and give me your opinions about the places I've chosen to home base as well as the amount of time I've allotted to see the sights in and around those areas. Let me know if you think I've missed something I shouldn't or if I'm taking the time to see something that's not really worth it. Thank you!
Fly into Edinburgh and spend 3 sleeps seeing the sights in and around the city
*visit East Neuk villages and St. Andrews
From Edinburgh, drive to Nairn and spend 3 sleeps, stopping for lunch at Pitlochry half way there
*visit Loch Ness, Culloden, Clava Cairns, Inverness
From Nairn, drive to Skye visiting Eilean Donan Castle on the way
Spend 3 sleeps in Skye seeing the sights in and around the area
From Skye, drive to Fort William and stay at Inverlochy Castle for 2 sleeps
*visit Fort William, Glencoe, Oban
From Fort William, drive to Stirling and spend 3 sleeps seeing the sights in and around the city
*visit Callander, Loch Lomond
From Stirling, drive to Borthwick Castle for 2 sleeps
Fly home from Edinburgh
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 2 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 3 Towersey, London
- 4 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 5 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 6 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 7 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 8 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 9 Biarritz family holiday
- 10 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 11 With Locals dinner- anyone done one?
- 12 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 15 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 16 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 17 Ireland in April
- 18 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 19 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 20 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 21 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 22 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 23 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 24 If you had to choose one......
- 25 getting to CDG