I'm in the process of working out the details for a trip to Scotland. We have 2 weeks to spend and I've come up with a preliminary itinerary. Please have a look and give me your opinions about the places I've chosen to home base as well as the amount of time I've allotted to see the sights in and around those areas. Let me know if you think I've missed something I shouldn't or if I'm taking the time to see something that's not really worth it. Thank you!
Fly into Edinburgh and spend 3 sleeps seeing the sights in and around the city
*visit East Neuk villages and St. Andrews
From Edinburgh, drive to Nairn and spend 3 sleeps, stopping for lunch at Pitlochry half way there
*visit Loch Ness, Culloden, Clava Cairns, Inverness
From Nairn, drive to Skye visiting Eilean Donan Castle on the way
Spend 3 sleeps in Skye seeing the sights in and around the area
From Skye, drive to Fort William and stay at Inverlochy Castle for 2 sleeps
*visit Fort William, Glencoe, Oban
From Fort William, drive to Stirling and spend 3 sleeps seeing the sights in and around the city
*visit Callander, Loch Lomond
From Stirling, drive to Borthwick Castle for 2 sleeps
Fly home from Edinburgh
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 2 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 3 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 4 K-Day
- 5 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 6 ATM at airport
- 7 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 8 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 9 Flat in London
- 10 Lay over time
- 11 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 12 Sundays in Puglia
- 13 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 14 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 15 Greek Islands (small)
- 16 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 17 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 18 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 19 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 20 Spain in December
- 21 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 22 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 23 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 24 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 25 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe