My husband and I are going to be in Scotland in early September and are looking for some good hikes (walks? ) that combine a lot of things at once. Maybe something that combines mountains, lakes, waterfalls, and some ruins in one go of it. We're looking for day hikes with probably a max of 12 miles. We are experienced hikers as we live in the Rockies in the US so something that a bit of a challenge is not an issue, as long as it doesn't require actual rock climbing or other serious equipment.
We're going be in the regions of Trossachs, Cairngorms, and Skye, with little stops along the way between these areas. Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Self drive tour companies
- 2 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 3 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 4 Vineyard recommendations near Piacenza? La Stoppa or Marchese Malaspina?
- 5 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 6 Italian lakes
- 7 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 8 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 9 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 10 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 11 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 12 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 13 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 14 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 15 10 day Italy
- 16 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 17 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 18 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 19 Prague itinerary advice
- 20 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 21 Santorini lodging
- 22 Ireland
- 23 Killarney
- 24 Italian car factory tours
- 25 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth