My husband and I are going to be in Scotland in early September and are looking for some good hikes (walks? ) that combine a lot of things at once. Maybe something that combines mountains, lakes, waterfalls, and some ruins in one go of it. We're looking for day hikes with probably a max of 12 miles. We are experienced hikers as we live in the Rockies in the US so something that a bit of a challenge is not an issue, as long as it doesn't require actual rock climbing or other serious equipment.
We're going be in the regions of Trossachs, Cairngorms, and Skye, with little stops along the way between these areas. Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 2 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 3 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 4 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 5 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 6 Planning a European Trip
- 7 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 8 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 9 restaurants in Marais district
- 10 Norway Itinerary
- 11 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 12 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 13 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 14 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 15 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini
- 16 Springtime Adventure in Europe
- 17 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 18 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 19 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 20 train or plane
- 21 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 22 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 23 Germany in December Trip Report
- 24 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 25 Driving from Alesund to Geiranger