My husband and I are going to be in Scotland in early September and are looking for some good hikes (walks? ) that combine a lot of things at once. Maybe something that combines mountains, lakes, waterfalls, and some ruins in one go of it. We're looking for day hikes with probably a max of 12 miles. We are experienced hikers as we live in the Rockies in the US so something that a bit of a challenge is not an issue, as long as it doesn't require actual rock climbing or other serious equipment.
We're going be in the regions of Trossachs, Cairngorms, and Skye, with little stops along the way between these areas. Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 2 Rome or Venice first
- 3 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 4 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 5 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 6 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 7 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 8 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 9 Europe First Timers
- 10 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 11 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 12 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 13 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 14 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 15 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 16 Athens Help
- 17 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 18 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 19 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 20 Lille Braderie 2017
- 21 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 22 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 23 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 24 Thinking about the Fjords
- 25 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014