My husband and I are going to be in Scotland in early September and are looking for some good hikes (walks? ) that combine a lot of things at once. Maybe something that combines mountains, lakes, waterfalls, and some ruins in one go of it. We're looking for day hikes with probably a max of 12 miles. We are experienced hikers as we live in the Rockies in the US so something that a bit of a challenge is not an issue, as long as it doesn't require actual rock climbing or other serious equipment.
We're going be in the regions of Trossachs, Cairngorms, and Skye, with little stops along the way between these areas. Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 2 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 3 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 4 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 5 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 6 Another tipping question: concierges
- 7 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 8 Trip suggestion
- 9 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 10 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 11 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 12 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 13 I'm looking for a guide in Moldova
- 14 Spain in July
- 15 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 16 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 17 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 18 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 19 Acorn TV
- 20 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 21 Petrol in Greece
- 22 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 23 We're here!
- 24 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years