Hi all !
We are planning our Scotland driving itinerary for June July 2018
There will be the four of us.. possibly five
We are looking at flying into Glasgow or Edinburgh depending on flights which we will book in September
We have2 weeks and I don't know whether to find bases and do day trips or keep moving in either clockwise or anticlockwise direction
My first instinct is to go from Edinburgh and head north east as far as John ogroats and then head west along the coast
We do want to see the Cairngorms Loch Ness isle of Skye and the Caledonian canal area and then head down to Campbelltown and into England for a couple of days in the lakes district then across to York and then back to Glasgow or Edinburgh
My husband is thinking it will be a combination of both driving round and stopping at a base for a couple of days
I'm hoping for more bases because it will be easier to plan accommodation
It looks like there aren't too many towns up around John o groats so where do we base ourselves in that area?
Any suggestions are very much appreciated!
Ps we are not interested in whisky distilleries
Mainly into nature wildlife easy walks and history
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 2 9 Days in Spain
- 3 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 4 Paris to Italy
- 5 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 6 Iceland early december visit
- 7 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 8 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 9 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 10 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 13 Italy Car Scam
- 14 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 15 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 16 Barcelona alternative
- 17 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 18 Frankfurt to UK
- 19 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 20 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 21 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 22 God Save the Queen?
- 23 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 24 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 25 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
Hi all !