I will be part of a group of college students in Ireland for the spring semester, and after the program is finished we have the option of doing some extra traveling. Some of us are thinking that we would like to go to Scotland for several days after classes are done (in early May). We have a couple ideas of places to possibly go (the Hebrides, possibly Huntly in Aberdeenshire where the author George MacDonald was from), but we're looking for other ideas. We'll be on a college student budget, obviously, so nothing too grandiose, but we are really looking to get a good view of the culture. We don't have a particular region to choose from; in fact, there is a good chance we will be traveling to England, as well, so we would be going the length of the country if we were able to do that as well.
Also, what is the mode of transportation that would be the most affordable and straightforward to use?
Thanks so much for reading and replying if you choose to do so!
Scotland bound college students
- 1 first european holiday itinery
- 2 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 3 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 4 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 5 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 6 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 7 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 8 To Paris and Provence in June
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 11 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 12 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 13 Car in Prague
- 14 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 15 Euro Train
- 16 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 17 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 18 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 19 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 20 Travel by train or bus
- 21 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 22 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 23 Cyprus in December
- 24 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 25 Which travel plan?