I will be part of a group of college students in Ireland for the spring semester, and after the program is finished we have the option of doing some extra traveling. Some of us are thinking that we would like to go to Scotland for several days after classes are done (in early May). We have a couple ideas of places to possibly go (the Hebrides, possibly Huntly in Aberdeenshire where the author George MacDonald was from), but we're looking for other ideas. We'll be on a college student budget, obviously, so nothing too grandiose, but we are really looking to get a good view of the culture. We don't have a particular region to choose from; in fact, there is a good chance we will be traveling to England, as well, so we would be going the length of the country if we were able to do that as well.
Also, what is the mode of transportation that would be the most affordable and straightforward to use?
Thanks so much for reading and replying if you choose to do so!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks Europe trip
- 2 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 3 Dublin Leap Card
- 4 Bouldering in Fountainebleau
- 5 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 6 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 7 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 8 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 9 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 10 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 11 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 12 FERRY : ISCHIA to CAPRI (and ISCHIA-SORRENTO)
- 13 Advice on apartment in Spain and location
- 14 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 15 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 16 mountain views near London
- 17 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 18 Morocco to Spain Border Crossing
- 19 Piedmont as a destination
- 20 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 21 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 22 Cordoba Overnight?
- 23 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 24 vegetarian in spain
- 25 Garda Land