I will be part of a group of college students in Ireland for the spring semester, and after the program is finished we have the option of doing some extra traveling. Some of us are thinking that we would like to go to Scotland for several days after classes are done (in early May). We have a couple ideas of places to possibly go (the Hebrides, possibly Huntly in Aberdeenshire where the author George MacDonald was from), but we're looking for other ideas. We'll be on a college student budget, obviously, so nothing too grandiose, but we are really looking to get a good view of the culture. We don't have a particular region to choose from; in fact, there is a good chance we will be traveling to England, as well, so we would be going the length of the country if we were able to do that as well.
Also, what is the mode of transportation that would be the most affordable and straightforward to use?
Thanks so much for reading and replying if you choose to do so!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 2 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 3 London's Must Sights!
- 4 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 5 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 6 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 7 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 8 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 9 First Time Solo Travel info
- 10 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 11 Budapest Hotels
- 12 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 13 TGV from Paris to Vienna?
- 14 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 15 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 16 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 17 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 18 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 19 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 20 4 days in switzerland
- 21 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 22 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 23 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 24 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 25 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford