I will be part of a group of college students in Ireland for the spring semester, and after the program is finished we have the option of doing some extra traveling. Some of us are thinking that we would like to go to Scotland for several days after classes are done (in early May). We have a couple ideas of places to possibly go (the Hebrides, possibly Huntly in Aberdeenshire where the author George MacDonald was from), but we're looking for other ideas. We'll be on a college student budget, obviously, so nothing too grandiose, but we are really looking to get a good view of the culture. We don't have a particular region to choose from; in fact, there is a good chance we will be traveling to England, as well, so we would be going the length of the country if we were able to do that as well.
Also, what is the mode of transportation that would be the most affordable and straightforward to use?
Thanks so much for reading and replying if you choose to do so!
Scotland bound college students
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 2 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 3 Unique Venice Activity
- 4 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 5 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 6 Chip but no PIN
- 7 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 8 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 9 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 10 Madrid and London
- 11 Excursions from Dubrovnik--wine/olive oil tasting, sailing/boat tours
- 12 car rental advice in Portugal
- 13 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 14 What to wear
- 15 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 16 Small group for Colosseum
- 17 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 18 Lofoten ferry
- 19 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 20 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 21 Duoro river cruises
- 22 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 23 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 24 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 25 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?