I will be part of a group of college students in Ireland for the spring semester, and after the program is finished we have the option of doing some extra traveling. Some of us are thinking that we would like to go to Scotland for several days after classes are done (in early May). We have a couple ideas of places to possibly go (the Hebrides, possibly Huntly in Aberdeenshire where the author George MacDonald was from), but we're looking for other ideas. We'll be on a college student budget, obviously, so nothing too grandiose, but we are really looking to get a good view of the culture. We don't have a particular region to choose from; in fact, there is a good chance we will be traveling to England, as well, so we would be going the length of the country if we were able to do that as well.
Also, what is the mode of transportation that would be the most affordable and straightforward to use?
Thanks so much for reading and replying if you choose to do so!
Scotland bound college students
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italian Lakes
- 2 Amsterdam and An Amputee
- 3 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 4 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 5 Dolomites in May? Worth it?
- 6 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 7 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 8 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 9 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 10 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 11 Naxos in May
- 12 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 13 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 14 Trains in Europe
- 15 Scuol, Switzerland
- 16 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 17 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 18 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 19 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 20 Scenic train rides from Milan to Lucerne
- 21 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 22 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 23 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 24 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 25 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases