I will be part of a group of college students in Ireland for the spring semester, and after the program is finished we have the option of doing some extra traveling. Some of us are thinking that we would like to go to Scotland for several days after classes are done (in early May). We have a couple ideas of places to possibly go (the Hebrides, possibly Huntly in Aberdeenshire where the author George MacDonald was from), but we're looking for other ideas. We'll be on a college student budget, obviously, so nothing too grandiose, but we are really looking to get a good view of the culture. We don't have a particular region to choose from; in fact, there is a good chance we will be traveling to England, as well, so we would be going the length of the country if we were able to do that as well.
Also, what is the mode of transportation that would be the most affordable and straightforward to use?
Thanks so much for reading and replying if you choose to do so!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 16 days in France and Italy
- 2 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 3 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 4 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 5 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 6 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 7 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 8 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 9 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 10 Paris for children
- 11 One July night in Verona - help!
- 12 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 13 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 14 Couscous
- 15 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 16 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 17 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 18 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 19 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 20 Guided Vatican Tours
- 21 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 22 How are the feasts in Malta Celebrated?
- 23 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 24 Cappadocia in June
- 25 Majorca 9 days - change hotels during trip?