I will be part of a group of college students in Ireland for the spring semester, and after the program is finished we have the option of doing some extra traveling. Some of us are thinking that we would like to go to Scotland for several days after classes are done (in early May). We have a couple ideas of places to possibly go (the Hebrides, possibly Huntly in Aberdeenshire where the author George MacDonald was from), but we're looking for other ideas. We'll be on a college student budget, obviously, so nothing too grandiose, but we are really looking to get a good view of the culture. We don't have a particular region to choose from; in fact, there is a good chance we will be traveling to England, as well, so we would be going the length of the country if we were able to do that as well.
Also, what is the mode of transportation that would be the most affordable and straightforward to use?
Thanks so much for reading and replying if you choose to do so!
Scotland bound college students
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 2 Hotel in Venice
- 3 hotels in Seville
- 4 London tube
- 5 London hotel
- 6 7 days in Greece
- 7 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 8 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 9 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 10 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 11 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 12 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 13 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 14 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 15 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 16 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 17 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 18 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 19 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 20 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 21 Berlin/Prague Itinerary Too Much, Too Little?
- 22 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 23 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 24 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 25 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol