I will be part of a group of college students in Ireland for the spring semester, and after the program is finished we have the option of doing some extra traveling. Some of us are thinking that we would like to go to Scotland for several days after classes are done (in early May). We have a couple ideas of places to possibly go (the Hebrides, possibly Huntly in Aberdeenshire where the author George MacDonald was from), but we're looking for other ideas. We'll be on a college student budget, obviously, so nothing too grandiose, but we are really looking to get a good view of the culture. We don't have a particular region to choose from; in fact, there is a good chance we will be traveling to England, as well, so we would be going the length of the country if we were able to do that as well.
Also, what is the mode of transportation that would be the most affordable and straightforward to use?
Thanks so much for reading and replying if you choose to do so!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation in Berchtesgaden
- 2 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 3 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 4 Spain Itinerary Help
- 5 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 6 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 7 Itinerary Help!
- 8 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 9 My 7 day Provence itinerary... workable?
- 10 Staying in or around Koblenz?
- 11 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 12 Ravello to Paestum
- 13 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 14 Why doesn't anyone talk about staying in the 2nd arr in Paris? Am I blind?
- 15 Berlin Hotel feedback
- 16 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 17 Celebrity Reflection Greek Island Cruise
- 18 italy itinerary
- 19 5 Days in Corsica
- 20 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 21 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 22 Skip the line passes for Venice, Florence, Rome
- 23 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 24 cell phone companys
- 25 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base