I will be part of a group of college students in Ireland for the spring semester, and after the program is finished we have the option of doing some extra traveling. Some of us are thinking that we would like to go to Scotland for several days after classes are done (in early May). We have a couple ideas of places to possibly go (the Hebrides, possibly Huntly in Aberdeenshire where the author George MacDonald was from), but we're looking for other ideas. We'll be on a college student budget, obviously, so nothing too grandiose, but we are really looking to get a good view of the culture. We don't have a particular region to choose from; in fact, there is a good chance we will be traveling to England, as well, so we would be going the length of the country if we were able to do that as well.
Also, what is the mode of transportation that would be the most affordable and straightforward to use?
Thanks so much for reading and replying if you choose to do so!
Scotland bound college students
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 2 Where to stay in the french riviera?
- 3 Which hotel in Lisbon?
- 4 Honeymoon 2015
- 5 Automatic car rental in Italy: Dollar or Thrifty?
- 6 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 7 CDG to Lannion
- 8 What do you know about using the iPhone GPS app in Europe?
- 9 Hiking in the Pyrenees - day trip from Barcelona, no car
- 10 walking guide in Paris
- 11 Blog updates from Europe.
- 12 Looking for add on city
- 13 Trip to Pyrenees
- 14 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 15 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.
- 16 Mykonos - to rent a car or to not.
- 17 Need Accommodation in Versailles
- 18 Car rental Questions for Italy
- 19 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 20 Preparing for our European Family Trip
- 21 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 22 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 23 MXP Best Western to "The Last Supper"
- 24 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 25 Budapest to Bucharest (2 week trip)