Hello! I am in the planning stages for a trip this August to Scotland then Ireland. As always I have to ask questions of the Fodor's Forum for my trip! I have the flights booked into Edinburgh and out of Dublin to home - Toronto. I have tickets booked for the Military Tatoo in Edinburgh...but that is all so far. We will spend the first couple of days in Edinburgh exploring then after the Tatoo would like to spend 3--4 days exploring some parts of Scotland. But where do we go...and how do we go? We would like to do some type of walking tour? Then we would like to take a ferry to Ireland, and do some type of walking tour there? But what areas are best? Never been there before and this is a "retirement" trip... but we are in pretty good shape! Any suggestions would be appreciated. thank you!
Scotland and Ireland Summer 2013 Trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What still confounds you about travel?
- 2 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 3 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 4 Pronunciation
- 5 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 6 Monet in Normandy
- 7 Dublin Tour Companies
- 8 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 9 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 10 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 11 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 12 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 13 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 14 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 15 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 16 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 17 Stay near Paris
- 18 direct train from Lyon to Nice France?
- 19 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 20 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 21 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 22 What to wear
- 23 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 24 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 25 Italy Itinerary - Draft