Hello! I am in the planning stages for a trip this August to Scotland then Ireland. As always I have to ask questions of the Fodor's Forum for my trip! I have the flights booked into Edinburgh and out of Dublin to home - Toronto. I have tickets booked for the Military Tatoo in Edinburgh...but that is all so far. We will spend the first couple of days in Edinburgh exploring then after the Tatoo would like to spend 3--4 days exploring some parts of Scotland. But where do we go...and how do we go? We would like to do some type of walking tour? Then we would like to take a ferry to Ireland, and do some type of walking tour there? But what areas are best? Never been there before and this is a "retirement" trip... but we are in pretty good shape! Any suggestions would be appreciated. thank you!
Scotland and Ireland Summer 2013 Trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help!
- 2 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 3 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 4 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 5 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 6 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 7 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 8 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 9 He said , she said
- 10 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 11 Munich with a car?
- 12 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 13 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 14 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 15 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 16 Toulouse and beyond -
- 17 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 18 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 19 tour guides in rome
- 20 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 21 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 22 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 23 4 Cs-Champagne, Cartier, Chanel & Christmas in Paris 2013 were fantastic!
- 24 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 25 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014