Hello! I am in the planning stages for a trip this August to Scotland then Ireland. As always I have to ask questions of the Fodor's Forum for my trip! I have the flights booked into Edinburgh and out of Dublin to home - Toronto. I have tickets booked for the Military Tatoo in Edinburgh...but that is all so far. We will spend the first couple of days in Edinburgh exploring then after the Tatoo would like to spend 3--4 days exploring some parts of Scotland. But where do we go...and how do we go? We would like to do some type of walking tour? Then we would like to take a ferry to Ireland, and do some type of walking tour there? But what areas are best? Never been there before and this is a "retirement" trip... but we are in pretty good shape! Any suggestions would be appreciated. thank you!
Scotland and Ireland Summer 2013 Trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 2 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 3 Private Guide in Istanbul
- 4 First pass itinerary for Spain in October?
- 5 Split to Venice. Help!
- 6 Europcar (via Kemwel) - rent GPS at pickup?
- 7 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 8 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 9 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 10 Trip from Berlin to Romantic Road towns/Bavaria
- 11 Monet's Giverny
- 12 Plan for the Drive from York to Edinburgh
- 13 Please review ireland golf and sight seeing trip for beginning of May
- 14 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 15 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 16 Transportation in Paris
- 17 TURKEY + ? in 20 days
- 18 Urgent Need of Advice
- 19 tour guides for Copenhagen?
- 20 French rental car advice needed
- 21 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 22 Some Observations on a Fantastic Journey through Western Turkey
- 23 Vineyard visit from Paris (day trip): Burgundy vs Lorie Valley
- 24 Driving Croatia turkey via Greece
- 25 Macarons!