Hello! I am in the planning stages for a trip this August to Scotland then Ireland. As always I have to ask questions of the Fodor's Forum for my trip! I have the flights booked into Edinburgh and out of Dublin to home - Toronto. I have tickets booked for the Military Tatoo in Edinburgh...but that is all so far. We will spend the first couple of days in Edinburgh exploring then after the Tatoo would like to spend 3--4 days exploring some parts of Scotland. But where do we go...and how do we go? We would like to do some type of walking tour? Then we would like to take a ferry to Ireland, and do some type of walking tour there? But what areas are best? Never been there before and this is a "retirement" trip... but we are in pretty good shape! Any suggestions would be appreciated. thank you!
Scotland and Ireland Summer 2013 Trip
- 1 Hotel recommendations for Turin
- 2 Dordogne Canoe Ride - All wet!
- 3 Schnauzer, live from Paris, Lyon, Nice, Averyon and Dordogne, join me
- 4 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 5 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!
- 6 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 7 Paris 2 bedroom/2bathroom apartment you would recommend?
- 8 Last minute lake change....
- 9 Italy/Switzerland - Help w/ Itinerary
- 10 getting out of rome airport to hotel?
- 11 Affordable London Hotel
- 12 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 13 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 14 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 15 Italian train question
- 16 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 17 Getting the best our of Europe
- 18 Yet another train question......
- 19 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 20 Paris - Nice/Eze - Como - Venice/Rome
- 21 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 22 Transportation for 7 ladies from Marais apartment to only airport
- 23 Chatham Dockyards Need a Whole Day?
- 24 Our 4 weeks in Turkey - Trip Report
- 25 Stonehenge