Hello! I am in the planning stages for a trip this August to Scotland then Ireland. As always I have to ask questions of the Fodor's Forum for my trip! I have the flights booked into Edinburgh and out of Dublin to home - Toronto. I have tickets booked for the Military Tatoo in Edinburgh...but that is all so far. We will spend the first couple of days in Edinburgh exploring then after the Tatoo would like to spend 3--4 days exploring some parts of Scotland. But where do we go...and how do we go? We would like to do some type of walking tour? Then we would like to take a ferry to Ireland, and do some type of walking tour there? But what areas are best? Never been there before and this is a "retirement" trip... but we are in pretty good shape! Any suggestions would be appreciated. thank you!
Scotland and Ireland Summer 2013 Trip
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 2 British drivers
- 3 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 4 A full week in The Netherlands
- 5 Prague Main Train Station
- 6 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 7 Spain Travel
- 8 Venice in Jan
- 9 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 10 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 11 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 12 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 13 Southern France
- 14 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 15 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 16 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 17 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 18 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 19 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 20 Public transport from Ostuni
- 21 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 22 Itinerary Questions
- 23 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 24 at last an itinerary: feedback and hotel suggestions please
- 25 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?