It's back to Europe for my wife and I. It's our 5th wedding anniversary this year and we'd like to have one last big trip before having kids. She's 27 and I'm 30.
We're thinking of Ireland this time. We also have friends outside of Edinburgh that we'd like to visit for a day or two, hence the title. We've both been to Scotland before, although I missed out on seeing Edinburgh (spent most of my time in Glasgow).
She likes cities, I like nature. She likes a schedule, I like to sit and "people watch". We both like history and culture, and we both love a good fish-n-chips, but neither of us are big into the "nightlife".
Hopefully that helps a bit. Here's a preliminary itinerary I've put together. I'd love to get some feedback!
Day 0: fly out of MDT/BWI/PHL (right now, BWI->BOS->DUB is the best deal)
Days 1,2: Dublin
Days 3,4: Galway
Day 5: Sligo
Day 6: Giant's Causeway
Days 7,8: Belfast
Days 9,10: Edinburgh
Day 11: Dublin
Day 12: fly home
I'd love to skip the journey back to Dublin to get an extra day in Scotland, but the airfare is much cheaper flying out of Dublin.
Is renting a car in Ireland the best way to do things? During our last trip to Europe, we made exclusive use of trains.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 2 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 3 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 4 Italy Car Scam
- 5 Quizz !
- 6 Pay attention to your watches !
- 7 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 8 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 9 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 10 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 11 car insurance italy
- 12 Christmas Day in Granada
- 13 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
- 14 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 15 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 16 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 17 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 18 Venice/Mestre
- 19 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 20 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 9 Days in Spain
- 23 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 24 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 25 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?