I had posted on here back in April about a tentative trip to the UK+ another country. Since then, I have decided to just visit the UK.
I will be there for 12 days in early July, arriving in Edinburgh, Scotland and leaving out of London, England. Since I am going for a wedding in Edinburgh, I will have to stay in that area until July 6th. Our plan is to make our way toward London and hopefully visit most of the top cities.
It's obvious that there is SO MUCH to see and not enough time so I was wondering if any UK experts can assist me in building an itinerary. We are traveling on a budget but are able to splurge in moderation. We love art, architecture, history, nightlife, music, nature...we are a young eccentric couple and are very open-minded.
I would also like to know what the best mode of transportation is (time efficient and economicly friendly)...
What about accommodations? Are hostels the way to go? bed and breakfasts?
Thanks in advance for your input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 2 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 3 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 6 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 7 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 8 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 9 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 10 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 11 First time in London
- 12 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 13 Greek fuel cost
- 14 VRBO South Kensington
- 15 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 16 Vacation
- 17 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 18 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 19 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 20 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 21 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 22 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 23 Villas to rent in Ibiza
- 24 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 25 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.