I had posted on here back in April about a tentative trip to the UK+ another country. Since then, I have decided to just visit the UK.
I will be there for 12 days in early July, arriving in Edinburgh, Scotland and leaving out of London, England. Since I am going for a wedding in Edinburgh, I will have to stay in that area until July 6th. Our plan is to make our way toward London and hopefully visit most of the top cities.
It's obvious that there is SO MUCH to see and not enough time so I was wondering if any UK experts can assist me in building an itinerary. We are traveling on a budget but are able to splurge in moderation. We love art, architecture, history, nightlife, music, nature...we are a young eccentric couple and are very open-minded.
I would also like to know what the best mode of transportation is (time efficient and economicly friendly)...
What about accommodations? Are hostels the way to go? bed and breakfasts?
Thanks in advance for your input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 2 Firt time VISA applicant
- 3 Cordoba Overnight?
- 4 Beaune France
- 5 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 6 advance tickets?
- 7 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 8 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 9 38 Days in Paris
- 10 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 11 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 12 A week in Paris
- 13 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 14 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 15 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 16 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 17 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 18 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 19 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 20 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 21 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 22 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 23 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 24 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 25 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape