I had posted on here back in April about a tentative trip to the UK+ another country. Since then, I have decided to just visit the UK.
I will be there for 12 days in early July, arriving in Edinburgh, Scotland and leaving out of London, England. Since I am going for a wedding in Edinburgh, I will have to stay in that area until July 6th. Our plan is to make our way toward London and hopefully visit most of the top cities.
It's obvious that there is SO MUCH to see and not enough time so I was wondering if any UK experts can assist me in building an itinerary. We are traveling on a budget but are able to splurge in moderation. We love art, architecture, history, nightlife, music, nature...we are a young eccentric couple and are very open-minded.
I would also like to know what the best mode of transportation is (time efficient and economicly friendly)...
What about accommodations? Are hostels the way to go? bed and breakfasts?
Thanks in advance for your input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy travel plan help
- 2 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 3 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 4 Heading to Amsterdam soon. Do you recommend I try weed?
- 5 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 6 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 7 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 8 Shorts in South of France?
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 11 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 12 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 13 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 14 Poland to Austria In December
- 15 Alsace to Austria?
- 16 Wales
- 17 Paris in early august
- 18 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 19 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 20 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 21 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 22 Tracking the Weather
- 23 Globus Iberian Tour
- 24 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more