I'll be going to Scotland in July with some families and am wondering how to arrange my itinerary:
There are a couple of men in the group (40s) who want to do a whiskey tour. Should they arrive in Edinburg and then rent a car to drive to Speyside to do the tour? Is it a day tour? So they stay one night? or do they stay there 2 nights?
Then they drive back to Edinburg. Drop off car. The women in the group join them (no they won't want to drink whiskey) and then everyone sightsees Edinburg for 3 days. Then perhaps a day trip to the highlands by mini coach perhaps to see Glencoe area and surrounding. (any recommendations on best tour to take to catch the prettiest of the highlands?)
After this we'd like to stay in a castle for 2 nights somewhere....any suggestions? moderately priced castle from where we can maybe do some hiking - light hiking as there will be children as well.
After Scotland, could we hop over to see Stonehenge perhaps or see Ireland? The trip should not be more than 2 weeks.
Any recommendations? Definitely whiskey trail, castle stay, Edinburgh, and one of the ladies really wants to see Ireland - anything spectacular that can be covered in 3-5 days or is it better to combine Scotland with England for Stonehenge?
Scotland and 1 more country
- 1 Football (soccer) matches in July
- 2 BRITISH ISLES---GLOBUS TOURS
- 3 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 4 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 5 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 6 France by rail or car?
- 7 Which tour company would be best?
- 8 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 9 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 10 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 11 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 12 Paris in 8 days ALONE
- 13 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 14 Rome: Avoiding the long Colosseum ticket line/queue: Palatine Hill ticket office locations
- 15 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 16 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 17 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 18 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 19 Northern Italy second week of June 2013
- 20 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 21 Where to stay in Glasgow and Edinburgh Scotland
- 22 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 23 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 24 Normandy on our own?
- 25 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome