I'll be going to Scotland in July with some families and am wondering how to arrange my itinerary:
There are a couple of men in the group (40s) who want to do a whiskey tour. Should they arrive in Edinburg and then rent a car to drive to Speyside to do the tour? Is it a day tour? So they stay one night? or do they stay there 2 nights?
Then they drive back to Edinburg. Drop off car. The women in the group join them (no they won't want to drink whiskey) and then everyone sightsees Edinburg for 3 days. Then perhaps a day trip to the highlands by mini coach perhaps to see Glencoe area and surrounding. (any recommendations on best tour to take to catch the prettiest of the highlands?)
After this we'd like to stay in a castle for 2 nights somewhere....any suggestions? moderately priced castle from where we can maybe do some hiking - light hiking as there will be children as well.
After Scotland, could we hop over to see Stonehenge perhaps or see Ireland? The trip should not be more than 2 weeks.
Any recommendations? Definitely whiskey trail, castle stay, Edinburgh, and one of the ladies really wants to see Ireland - anything spectacular that can be covered in 3-5 days or is it better to combine Scotland with England for Stonehenge?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Place de la Concorde Ferris Wheel to stay up most of 2016
- 2 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 3 Advice for Siena and Orvieto?
- 4 ICELAND DAY 1
- 5 Scotland in 8 days
- 6 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 7 Travel to France & Switzerland with my daughter next summer
- 8 Phone for GPS in Italy/Europe--T Mobile Simple Choice ? Buy a SIM card?
- 9 Venturing even further
- 10 2 days driving Sarthe, France
- 11 Turkey Evisa Given Name
- 12 Traveling around Lake Geneva
- 13 Madrid - how to schedule train from airport
- 14 Weekend in Paris in October
- 15 Europe 9 day Family Vacation
- 16 Summer in Europe
- 17 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
- 18 Travelling from Sicily to Malta
- 19 Italy - Rome, Venice, and Florence
- 20 Which City with Paris
- 21 Greek island advice
- 22 Bavaria & Austria Itinerary
- 23 Still another Normandy question
- 24 Sunday Brunch in Paris
- 25 need help with travelling direction when travelling thourgh central Europe