I'll be going to Scotland in July with some families and am wondering how to arrange my itinerary:
There are a couple of men in the group (40s) who want to do a whiskey tour. Should they arrive in Edinburg and then rent a car to drive to Speyside to do the tour? Is it a day tour? So they stay one night? or do they stay there 2 nights?
Then they drive back to Edinburg. Drop off car. The women in the group join them (no they won't want to drink whiskey) and then everyone sightsees Edinburg for 3 days. Then perhaps a day trip to the highlands by mini coach perhaps to see Glencoe area and surrounding. (any recommendations on best tour to take to catch the prettiest of the highlands?)
After this we'd like to stay in a castle for 2 nights somewhere....any suggestions? moderately priced castle from where we can maybe do some hiking - light hiking as there will be children as well.
After Scotland, could we hop over to see Stonehenge perhaps or see Ireland? The trip should not be more than 2 weeks.
Any recommendations? Definitely whiskey trail, castle stay, Edinburgh, and one of the ladies really wants to see Ireland - anything spectacular that can be covered in 3-5 days or is it better to combine Scotland with England for Stonehenge?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 2 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 3 Bandol port of call
- 4 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 5 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 6 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 7 August
- 8 Teens in Paris..what to wear
- 9 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 10 What tickets to purchase for Rome attractons before leaving the States
- 11 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 12 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 13 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 14 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?
- 15 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 16 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 17 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 18 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 19 Shopping in Paris
- 20 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 21 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 22 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 23 Harry Potter WB Studio entrance time - London
- 24 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 25 Switzerland in 8 days