I'll be going to Scotland in July with some families and am wondering how to arrange my itinerary:
There are a couple of men in the group (40s) who want to do a whiskey tour. Should they arrive in Edinburg and then rent a car to drive to Speyside to do the tour? Is it a day tour? So they stay one night? or do they stay there 2 nights?
Then they drive back to Edinburg. Drop off car. The women in the group join them (no they won't want to drink whiskey) and then everyone sightsees Edinburg for 3 days. Then perhaps a day trip to the highlands by mini coach perhaps to see Glencoe area and surrounding. (any recommendations on best tour to take to catch the prettiest of the highlands?)
After this we'd like to stay in a castle for 2 nights somewhere....any suggestions? moderately priced castle from where we can maybe do some hiking - light hiking as there will be children as well.
After Scotland, could we hop over to see Stonehenge perhaps or see Ireland? The trip should not be more than 2 weeks.
Any recommendations? Definitely whiskey trail, castle stay, Edinburgh, and one of the ladies really wants to see Ireland - anything spectacular that can be covered in 3-5 days or is it better to combine Scotland with England for Stonehenge?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 2 Car rental between countries
- 3 Barcelona completely overrated
- 4 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 5 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 6 Greece in 15 Days
- 7 Walking Scotland
- 8 Adaptors for Belgium
- 9 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 10 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 11 Train Ticket Help
- 12 I forgot my international driver permit
- 13 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 14 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 15 Prague old town
- 16 Bordeaux TRIP
- 17 20 free days of Europe
- 18 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 19 Naples or Genoa
- 20 Munich restaurant recs
- 21 Auber metro station incident 27.08.16
- 22 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 23 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 24 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 25 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?