I'll be going to Scotland in July with some families and am wondering how to arrange my itinerary:
There are a couple of men in the group (40s) who want to do a whiskey tour. Should they arrive in Edinburg and then rent a car to drive to Speyside to do the tour? Is it a day tour? So they stay one night? or do they stay there 2 nights?
Then they drive back to Edinburg. Drop off car. The women in the group join them (no they won't want to drink whiskey) and then everyone sightsees Edinburg for 3 days. Then perhaps a day trip to the highlands by mini coach perhaps to see Glencoe area and surrounding. (any recommendations on best tour to take to catch the prettiest of the highlands?)
After this we'd like to stay in a castle for 2 nights somewhere....any suggestions? moderately priced castle from where we can maybe do some hiking - light hiking as there will be children as well.
After Scotland, could we hop over to see Stonehenge perhaps or see Ireland? The trip should not be more than 2 weeks.
Any recommendations? Definitely whiskey trail, castle stay, Edinburgh, and one of the ladies really wants to see Ireland - anything spectacular that can be covered in 3-5 days or is it better to combine Scotland with England for Stonehenge?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 2 Cappadocia in June
- 3 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 4 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 5 Majorca 9 days - change hotels during trip?
- 6 Krakow
- 7 Italy with my Teen daughters
- 8 Lisbon
- 9 Amsterdam
- 10 Travelling Iceland
- 11 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 12 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 13 Moscow Favorites
- 14 Couscous
- 15 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 16 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 17 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 18 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 19 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 20 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 21 Guided Vatican Tours
- 22 Liverpool, Cardiff & Salisbury - how would you do it?
- 23 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 24 BA flights canceled until 18:00 local
- 25 Gibraltar United Kingdom