I'll be going to Scotland in July with some families and am wondering how to arrange my itinerary:
There are a couple of men in the group (40s) who want to do a whiskey tour. Should they arrive in Edinburg and then rent a car to drive to Speyside to do the tour? Is it a day tour? So they stay one night? or do they stay there 2 nights?
Then they drive back to Edinburg. Drop off car. The women in the group join them (no they won't want to drink whiskey) and then everyone sightsees Edinburg for 3 days. Then perhaps a day trip to the highlands by mini coach perhaps to see Glencoe area and surrounding. (any recommendations on best tour to take to catch the prettiest of the highlands?)
After this we'd like to stay in a castle for 2 nights somewhere....any suggestions? moderately priced castle from where we can maybe do some hiking - light hiking as there will be children as well.
After Scotland, could we hop over to see Stonehenge perhaps or see Ireland? The trip should not be more than 2 weeks.
Any recommendations? Definitely whiskey trail, castle stay, Edinburgh, and one of the ladies really wants to see Ireland - anything spectacular that can be covered in 3-5 days or is it better to combine Scotland with England for Stonehenge?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin>Dresden>Prague
- 2 What to see in Dresden...
- 3 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 4 Croatia in late April
- 5 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 6 A week in Greece, single woman alone
- 7 Italy - best two central locations
- 8 Overnight Train Questions
- 9 2 month Itinerary Ideas (summer)
- 10 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 11 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 12 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 13 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 14 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 15 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 16 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 17 Advance Passes & Tickets for Paris, Venice, Rome & Interlaken
- 18 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 19 Vet my itinerary
- 20 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 21 Amsterdam hotels
- 22 Hotels in Amsterdam
- 23 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 24 Day Trips From Paris: Champagne
- 25 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings