I'll be going to Scotland in July with some families and am wondering how to arrange my itinerary:
There are a couple of men in the group (40s) who want to do a whiskey tour. Should they arrive in Edinburg and then rent a car to drive to Speyside to do the tour? Is it a day tour? So they stay one night? or do they stay there 2 nights?
Then they drive back to Edinburg. Drop off car. The women in the group join them (no they won't want to drink whiskey) and then everyone sightsees Edinburg for 3 days. Then perhaps a day trip to the highlands by mini coach perhaps to see Glencoe area and surrounding. (any recommendations on best tour to take to catch the prettiest of the highlands?)
After this we'd like to stay in a castle for 2 nights somewhere....any suggestions? moderately priced castle from where we can maybe do some hiking - light hiking as there will be children as well.
After Scotland, could we hop over to see Stonehenge perhaps or see Ireland? The trip should not be more than 2 weeks.
Any recommendations? Definitely whiskey trail, castle stay, Edinburgh, and one of the ladies really wants to see Ireland - anything spectacular that can be covered in 3-5 days or is it better to combine Scotland with England for Stonehenge?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains in Italy
- 2 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 3 Georgia in 4 days
- 4 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 5 Where should I go with my family?
- 6 First Solo Adventure
- 7 First Solo Adventure
- 8 Alitala
- 9 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 10 PARIS
- 11 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 12 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 13 Crete Holiday
- 14 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 15 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 16 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 17 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 18 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 19 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 20 Stu Tower
- 21 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 22 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 23 Tour or self drive Douro?
- 24 Which Hotel in Rome
- 25 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland