I'll be going to Scotland in July with some families and am wondering how to arrange my itinerary:
There are a couple of men in the group (40s) who want to do a whiskey tour. Should they arrive in Edinburg and then rent a car to drive to Speyside to do the tour? Is it a day tour? So they stay one night? or do they stay there 2 nights?
Then they drive back to Edinburg. Drop off car. The women in the group join them (no they won't want to drink whiskey) and then everyone sightsees Edinburg for 3 days. Then perhaps a day trip to the highlands by mini coach perhaps to see Glencoe area and surrounding. (any recommendations on best tour to take to catch the prettiest of the highlands?)
After this we'd like to stay in a castle for 2 nights somewhere....any suggestions? moderately priced castle from where we can maybe do some hiking - light hiking as there will be children as well.
After Scotland, could we hop over to see Stonehenge perhaps or see Ireland? The trip should not be more than 2 weeks.
Any recommendations? Definitely whiskey trail, castle stay, Edinburgh, and one of the ladies really wants to see Ireland - anything spectacular that can be covered in 3-5 days or is it better to combine Scotland with England for Stonehenge?
Scotland and 1 more country
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 2 22 year olds in Europe
- 3 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 4 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 5 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 6 Coffee in Naples
- 7 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 8 A Sardinia trip report
- 9 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 10 First time Ireland trip
- 11 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 12 Favorite place for morning espresso or cappucino in Venice
- 13 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 14 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 15 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 16 All Set To Go!!
- 17 Helsinki-Stockhom ferry question re: Arlanda connection
- 18 Granada
- 19 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 20 Eastern Europe
- 21 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 22 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 23 Azores
- 24 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 25 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City