I'll be going to Scotland in July with some families and am wondering how to arrange my itinerary:
There are a couple of men in the group (40s) who want to do a whiskey tour. Should they arrive in Edinburg and then rent a car to drive to Speyside to do the tour? Is it a day tour? So they stay one night? or do they stay there 2 nights?
Then they drive back to Edinburg. Drop off car. The women in the group join them (no they won't want to drink whiskey) and then everyone sightsees Edinburg for 3 days. Then perhaps a day trip to the highlands by mini coach perhaps to see Glencoe area and surrounding. (any recommendations on best tour to take to catch the prettiest of the highlands?)
After this we'd like to stay in a castle for 2 nights somewhere....any suggestions? moderately priced castle from where we can maybe do some hiking - light hiking as there will be children as well.
After Scotland, could we hop over to see Stonehenge perhaps or see Ireland? The trip should not be more than 2 weeks.
Any recommendations? Definitely whiskey trail, castle stay, Edinburgh, and one of the ladies really wants to see Ireland - anything spectacular that can be covered in 3-5 days or is it better to combine Scotland with England for Stonehenge?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://thebeautysystem.com/silqueskin-serum
- 2 Italy emergency numbers, which one
- 3 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 4 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 5 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 6 http://supplementskings.com/forever-bust/
- 7 Flamenco in Madrid
- 8 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 9 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 10 London - Home Depot
- 11 The Different Methods To Creating Attraction
- 12 This informative article brings out one distinctive
- 13 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 14 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 15 awesome website for cheap soccer jerseys
- 16 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 17 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 18 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 19 http://www.vitaminofhealth.com/zynev-male-enhancement/
- 20 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 21 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 22 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 23 Enjoying England for a year!
- 24 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 25 http://www.potentbodyformation.com/crepe-correcting-body-complex/