I'll be going to Scotland in July with some families and am wondering how to arrange my itinerary:
There are a couple of men in the group (40s) who want to do a whiskey tour. Should they arrive in Edinburg and then rent a car to drive to Speyside to do the tour? Is it a day tour? So they stay one night? or do they stay there 2 nights?
Then they drive back to Edinburg. Drop off car. The women in the group join them (no they won't want to drink whiskey) and then everyone sightsees Edinburg for 3 days. Then perhaps a day trip to the highlands by mini coach perhaps to see Glencoe area and surrounding. (any recommendations on best tour to take to catch the prettiest of the highlands?)
After this we'd like to stay in a castle for 2 nights somewhere....any suggestions? moderately priced castle from where we can maybe do some hiking - light hiking as there will be children as well.
After Scotland, could we hop over to see Stonehenge perhaps or see Ireland? The trip should not be more than 2 weeks.
Any recommendations? Definitely whiskey trail, castle stay, Edinburgh, and one of the ladies really wants to see Ireland - anything spectacular that can be covered in 3-5 days or is it better to combine Scotland with England for Stonehenge?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin
- 2 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 3 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 4 Paris---baguette question???
- 5 Europe in late January
- 6 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 7 Where to stay in London?
- 8 What type of visa is right for me?
- 9 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 10 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 11 Visiting Spain in January
- 12 Spain and Portugal - when to Go
- 13 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 14 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 15 Loving Lisbon
- 16 Booking hotels before trains
- 17 For Swiss Alps/Zermatt fans
- 18 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 19 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 20 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 21 RHK's Fall escape
- 22 1 way ticket
- 23 Vienna to Bratislava
- 24 Need Paris Flight Advice
- 25 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions