I was hoping to get some travel advise for a trip my girlfriend and I are taking to Scotland this year. We are planning to do a 7 day trip at the beginning of September. This is our first trip to Scotland and we want to make the best of it and see a lot of things. My girlfriend is really interested in history and wants to see a lot of castles and some of the cities. I am very much an outdoors person and want to see the beautiful scenery Scotland has to offer. The highlands and the Isle's really appeal to me. We have read and agree that to truly experience any place here we should spend at least 2 nights at a location so we have to narrow it down to 3 places to stay.
As of right now, we plan to fly into Edinburgh for the first 2 nights. This will give us the opportunity to see castles and experience some of the things the city has to offer. We plan to spend the next 2 nights in Inverness with plans to visit Loch Ness and Urquhart Castle. The next 2 nights are where we are trying to make a decision on. We have settled on either staying in The Isle of Skye or Fort William/Glen Coe area. This is where I was looking for some travel advise from others that have been to both.
I really want to take in as much of the Scotland scenery as possible. I have been doing a lot of research on both places and the scenery at both locations seems awesome. I would really like to see the Cuillins of Skye and The Quiraing as basis points for things I am interested in Skye. As for Glencoe I have heard some of the scenery there you can't miss and there is great hiking there. I would like to maybe do a hike in the Lost Valley in Glen Coe.
We can really only choose one of these places. Based on what we are looking for, what would be a suggest of the best place to go. I really want this to be a great vacation and do not want to leave with any fear of missing out. Any recommendations on this would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hp@ printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical CAre 24/7
- 2 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 3 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 4 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 5 3 days solo in London
- 6 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 7 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 8 Chania
- 9 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person
- 10 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 11 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 12 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 13 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 14 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 15 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 16 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 17 Hotels in Turin
- 18 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 19 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 20 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 21 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 22 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 23 Help on ancient history route
- 24 Days to Avoid Roussillon, Gordes, etc.
- 25 Now to Madrid