I was hoping to get some travel advise for a trip my girlfriend and I are taking to Scotland this year. We are planning to do a 7 day trip at the beginning of September. This is our first trip to Scotland and we want to make the best of it and see a lot of things. My girlfriend is really interested in history and wants to see a lot of castles and some of the cities. I am very much an outdoors person and want to see the beautiful scenery Scotland has to offer. The highlands and the Isle's really appeal to me. We have read and agree that to truly experience any place here we should spend at least 2 nights at a location so we have to narrow it down to 3 places to stay.
As of right now, we plan to fly into Edinburgh for the first 2 nights. This will give us the opportunity to see castles and experience some of the things the city has to offer. We plan to spend the next 2 nights in Inverness with plans to visit Loch Ness and Urquhart Castle. The next 2 nights are where we are trying to make a decision on. We have settled on either staying in The Isle of Skye or Fort William/Glen Coe area. This is where I was looking for some travel advise from others that have been to both.
I really want to take in as much of the Scotland scenery as possible. I have been doing a lot of research on both places and the scenery at both locations seems awesome. I would really like to see the Cuillins of Skye and The Quiraing as basis points for things I am interested in Skye. As for Glencoe I have heard some of the scenery there you can't miss and there is great hiking there. I would like to maybe do a hike in the Lost Valley in Glen Coe.
We can really only choose one of these places. Based on what we are looking for, what would be a suggest of the best place to go. I really want this to be a great vacation and do not want to leave with any fear of missing out. Any recommendations on this would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 슈퍼카지노ᛞ【RAM300.COM】ᛞ 젠틀맨카지노 주소
- 2 온라인바카라주소 ᛡ【RAM300.COM】 ᛡ우리카지노 주소
- 3 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 4 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 5 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 6 Spain in December
- 7 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 10 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 11 K-Day
- 12 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 13 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 14 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 15 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 16 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 17 Cell Phone Question
- 18 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 19 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 20 Greek Islands (small)
- 21 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 22 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 23 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 24 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 25 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands