I just booked a flight to Split (Croatia) for late May, returning Early June. We're hoping to start in Split and island hop to Brac (Bol), Hvar (Hvar Town), Vis and Korcula (Korcula Town) and scooter around each of the islands to explore them.
I'm trying to figure out if I can book scooters for a week in Split or if I need to get them at each island separately. It really just boils down to whether or not there are ferries that permit scooters that run between the islands. It looks like it's just the catamaran ferries that run between the islands - I know they don't take cars, but does anyone know if they allow scooters?
Also - if one has any thoughts on the weather for the last week of May/first week of June, please let me know. Is it worth packing a few sundresses or am I being too optimistic?
Thank you so much,
Lake Tahoe, CA
Scooters on Croatian Ferries?
- 1 The Adriatic? Or Turkey and the Greek Islands?
- 2 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 3 Frankfurt Macarons
- 4 Trip around Spain
- 5 Lake como
- 6 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 7 Getting around in Tuscany
- 8 Rome L. Argentina Ruins - Can they be explored or just viewed from street?
- 9 Venice in Jan
- 10 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 11 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 12 Public transport from Ostuni
- 13 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 14 British drivers
- 15 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 16 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 17 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 18 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 19 Italy with 4 teenagers, 1 child and a husband in 18 days - thoughts?
- 20 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 21 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 22 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 23 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 24 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 25 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking