I'm looking into renting a scooter or quad on the Greek islands (Paros and maybe Santorini). All of the forum posts about this seem a few years old, so just checking if the info has changed at all. Are these things that are easy to learn how to use? And relatively safe as long as you aren't whipping around turns? Do I need to get some sort of international license here in the US to bring with me? Alternatively, what about renting a normal bicycle? Are these islands bike friendly? It seems like there are buses that are relatively cheap that take you between cities, but it could be fun to rent a bike/scooter/quad to be able to explore on my own. And then is it easy to take these things on a ferry if I wanted to go over to Antiparos?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 2 Paris and Normandy
- 3 Sicily Beach Resort
- 4 France Study Abroad
- 5 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 6 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 7 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 8 International drivers permit
- 9 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 10 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 11 Two days in Rome
- 12 Classical Tour of Albania
- 13 First visit to London
- 14 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 15 Anniversary trip to France
- 16 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 17 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 18 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 19 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 20 London is it worth it?
- 21 Ideas on our first Europe holiday
- 22 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 23 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 24 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 25 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon