I'm looking into renting a scooter or quad on the Greek islands (Paros and maybe Santorini). All of the forum posts about this seem a few years old, so just checking if the info has changed at all. Are these things that are easy to learn how to use? And relatively safe as long as you aren't whipping around turns? Do I need to get some sort of international license here in the US to bring with me? Alternatively, what about renting a normal bicycle? Are these islands bike friendly? It seems like there are buses that are relatively cheap that take you between cities, but it could be fun to rent a bike/scooter/quad to be able to explore on my own. And then is it easy to take these things on a ferry if I wanted to go over to Antiparos?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norway fjord
- 2 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 3 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 4 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 5 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 6 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 3 Weeks in Ireland - Itinerary help needed
- 9 St Denis Cathedral
- 10 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 11 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 12 Stockholm during midsummer
- 13 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 14 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 15 No Periods in British Written English!
- 16 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 17 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 18 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 19 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 20 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 21 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 22 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 23 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 24 Praiano
- 25 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?