I am taking a group of 10 students (13 yrs old) from NZ to France next year. We are planning a week long tour through the battlefields of Northern France (Arras, Les Quesnoy) and Flanders. We were going to hire a coach company and guide but it is too expensive and are looking at driving the students ourselves.
Is it feasible to rent a 15 seater van or must we rent two 9 seaters? Will driving and navigating be easy on European roads? - only one teacher (not me) speaks French. We are finishing our week with 2 days in Paris before we fly home to NZ - will there be parking available at backpackers and tourist attractions?
I would be grateful for any tips for this trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 2 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 3 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 4 Vatican tour
- 5 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 6 Day in Capri
- 7 alcazar question and seville advice
- 8 TSA Precheck
- 9 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 10 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 11 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 12 First visit to London
- 13 Paris travel help
- 14 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 15 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 16 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 17 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 18 Rome hotel
- 19 Villa in Italy
- 20 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 21 Help me make this possible!
- 22 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 23 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 24 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 25 One night in the Dolomites