I am taking a group of 10 students (13 yrs old) from NZ to France next year. We are planning a week long tour through the battlefields of Northern France (Arras, Les Quesnoy) and Flanders. We were going to hire a coach company and guide but it is too expensive and are looking at driving the students ourselves.
Is it feasible to rent a 15 seater van or must we rent two 9 seaters? Will driving and navigating be easy on European roads? - only one teacher (not me) speaks French. We are finishing our week with 2 days in Paris before we fly home to NZ - will there be parking available at backpackers and tourist attractions?
I would be grateful for any tips for this trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 2 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 3 House Hunting in France
- 4 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 5 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 6 Sicily
- 7 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 8 Rota Vicentina hike report October 2014
- 9 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 10 Hotel in Vienna
- 11 If you had to choose one......
- 12 Car rental from Barcelona
- 13 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 14 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 15 Itinerary Tweaking
- 16 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 17 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 18 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 19 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 20 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 Ireland in April
- 23 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 24 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 25 Help with Ireland itinerary