I am taking a group of 10 students (13 yrs old) from NZ to France next year. We are planning a week long tour through the battlefields of Northern France (Arras, Les Quesnoy) and Flanders. We were going to hire a coach company and guide but it is too expensive and are looking at driving the students ourselves.
Is it feasible to rent a 15 seater van or must we rent two 9 seaters? Will driving and navigating be easy on European roads? - only one teacher (not me) speaks French. We are finishing our week with 2 days in Paris before we fly home to NZ - will there be parking available at backpackers and tourist attractions?
I would be grateful for any tips for this trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish Medical Providers
- 2 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 3 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 4 Barcelona alternative
- 5 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 6 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 7 Italy Car Scam
- 8 God Save the Queen?
- 9 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 10 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 11 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 12 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 13 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 14 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 Paris to Italy
- 17 9 Days in Spain
- 18 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 19 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 20 Frankfurt to UK
- 21 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 22 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 23 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 24 Iceland
- 25 Milan or Turin