I am taking a group of 10 students (13 yrs old) from NZ to France next year. We are planning a week long tour through the battlefields of Northern France (Arras, Les Quesnoy) and Flanders. We were going to hire a coach company and guide but it is too expensive and are looking at driving the students ourselves.
Is it feasible to rent a 15 seater van or must we rent two 9 seaters? Will driving and navigating be easy on European roads? - only one teacher (not me) speaks French. We are finishing our week with 2 days in Paris before we fly home to NZ - will there be parking available at backpackers and tourist attractions?
I would be grateful for any tips for this trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 2 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 3 How to pick an apartment in Paris?
- 4 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 5 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 6 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 7 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany
- 8 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 9 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 11 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 12 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 13 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 14 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 15 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 16 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 17 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 18 Flight CANCELLED by British Airways without notice or refund
- 19 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 20 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 21 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 22 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 23 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 24 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 25 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?