Is Schloss-Waldeck overvalued as a hotel. From what I could see, it sits over Lake Eder and the Eder dam is nearby. Other than a lunch or dinner along the lake or a tour of the dam. (This dam was among many that was targeted during the war) But a dam is a dam. Other than that, is there really anything to do. I am not trying to put this place down. (never been there). Are there not other castles in Germany that were converted into hotels, where one could stay and have more to do or see.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trade Commission whichhas an interest in some aspe
- 2 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 3 Schengen Visa Rules
- 4 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 5 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 6 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 7 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 8 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 9 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 10 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 11 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 12 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 13 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 14 Is my plan ok
- 15 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 16 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 17 5 Observations About Paris
- 18 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 19 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 20 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 21 Southern Spain
- 22 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 23 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 24 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 25 Combinations euro rail and river cruise