Is Schloss-Waldeck overvalued as a hotel. From what I could see, it sits over Lake Eder and the Eder dam is nearby. Other than a lunch or dinner along the lake or a tour of the dam. (This dam was among many that was targeted during the war) But a dam is a dam. Other than that, is there really anything to do. I am not trying to put this place down. (never been there). Are there not other castles in Germany that were converted into hotels, where one could stay and have more to do or see.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Nights in the Pyrenees: Driving Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 2 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 3 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 4 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 5 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 6 London - Bar or Club to hear Live Soul/R&B Music
- 7 What American foods do Europeans love?
- 8 4 days in Scotland
- 9 Airb2b in Paris
- 10 Easiest way to get from San Sebastian to Toulouse or Brive in France
- 11 mailing a package in advance of arrival at a Berlin hotel
- 12 In Defense of the Notoriously Arrogant French Waiter
- 13 Seaplane service
- 14 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 15 Do European countries offer tax (or other) advantages to B&B owners?
- 16 scotland trave;
- 17 Venice tourist travel pass
- 18 Paris in one day with 2 kids
- 19 RER B Schedule on a Sunday Morning
- 20 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 21 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 22 Visit Algarve in mid-April 2015: Yes or No?
- 23 Iceland wedding
- 24 Best of Southern France, your favorites?
- 25 From Orly to hotel in 8th arrondisement