Is Schloss-Waldeck overvalued as a hotel. From what I could see, it sits over Lake Eder and the Eder dam is nearby. Other than a lunch or dinner along the lake or a tour of the dam. (This dam was among many that was targeted during the war) But a dam is a dam. Other than that, is there really anything to do. I am not trying to put this place down. (never been there). Are there not other castles in Germany that were converted into hotels, where one could stay and have more to do or see.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4-6 weeks
- 2 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 3 Venice Banning Fodors
- 4 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 5 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 6 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 7 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 8 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 9 Eiffel tower tickets
- 10 Rome---August and September
- 11 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 12 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 13 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 14 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 15 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 16 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 17 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 18 France, Italy and Greec
- 19 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 20 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 21 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 22 South of France November Trip Report
- 23 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 24 Clearsky Holidays
- 25 Zurich to Basel transfer