Is Schloss-Waldeck overvalued as a hotel. From what I could see, it sits over Lake Eder and the Eder dam is nearby. Other than a lunch or dinner along the lake or a tour of the dam. (This dam was among many that was targeted during the war) But a dam is a dam. Other than that, is there really anything to do. I am not trying to put this place down. (never been there). Are there not other castles in Germany that were converted into hotels, where one could stay and have more to do or see.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip from Barcelona? Single female
- 2 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 3 20 year-old female planning solo Europe trip -- advice??
- 4 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 5 2 full days in Paris
- 6 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 7 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 8 Terrorism in Europe
- 9 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 10 Planning a trip to Northern Italy/Lake Como
- 11 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 12 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 13 Greece - Sailing in Santorini
- 14 Hiking the Gap of Dunloe
- 15 Wernigerode and The Harz - Where to base oneself?
- 16 Need suggestions for Sienna and Orvieto
- 17 Bamberg and Environs - 9 nights
- 18 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 19 Hotel in Lake Garda or Desenzano del Gard
- 20 Which town to choose for lodging in Cinque Terre
- 21 Cinque Terre - which town to stay in & suggest a hotel?
- 22 Spain and Portugal Trip Help
- 23 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 24 Night Train - Need help
- 25 White Villages base?