Is Schloss-Waldeck overvalued as a hotel. From what I could see, it sits over Lake Eder and the Eder dam is nearby. Other than a lunch or dinner along the lake or a tour of the dam. (This dam was among many that was targeted during the war) But a dam is a dam. Other than that, is there really anything to do. I am not trying to put this place down. (never been there). Are there not other castles in Germany that were converted into hotels, where one could stay and have more to do or see.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 2 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 3 Ireland or Scotland
- 4 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 5 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 6 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 7 Help with England/Wales tour
- 8 Spain and Portugal return
- 9 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 10 60 Minutes: Scathing Review of Italy's Care of Cultural Heritage...
- 11 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 12 Did I miss MaiTai's Paris trip report??
- 13 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 14 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 15 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 16 Question on France travel
- 17 Cruise the River Shannon
- 18 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 19 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 20 Places for a Special Dinner (2 cancer survivors!) in Montecatini
- 21 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 22 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 23 Autumn in Paris
- 24 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 25 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe