Is Schloss-Waldeck overvalued as a hotel. From what I could see, it sits over Lake Eder and the Eder dam is nearby. Other than a lunch or dinner along the lake or a tour of the dam. (This dam was among many that was targeted during the war) But a dam is a dam. Other than that, is there really anything to do. I am not trying to put this place down. (never been there). Are there not other castles in Germany that were converted into hotels, where one could stay and have more to do or see.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Istanbul's Prince's Islands
- 2 Train tickets France and Spain
- 3 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 4 RER B & D change at G du Nord or Chatelet?
- 5 13 Day Trip to Italy
- 6 Resto recs for Valencia, Barc, Girona, Montpellier, St. Saturnin, Antibes
- 7 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 8 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 9 Florence during Holy Week
- 10 Leaving tomorrow and need last minite advice
- 11 Stonehenge and Bath
- 12 Trip report: visit to Hampton Court Palace (London)
- 13 help please: draft itinery trip to andalucia with DD(11&14) in april
- 14 Train from Rome Airport FCO to Florence
- 15 Lux Express in the Baltics
- 16 Paris on Palm Sunday and Easter
- 17 Barcelona or no ?
- 18 Backpacking Europe (3-4 Weeks)
- 19 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 20 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 21 Restaurant Recommendations - Pula or Rovinj
- 22 Leaving Tomorrow need some last minute advice
- 23 Drive from Beaune to Strasbourg
- 24 where to stay in Lake Como in mid-May?
- 25 Swiss decisions