Is Schloss-Waldeck overvalued as a hotel. From what I could see, it sits over Lake Eder and the Eder dam is nearby. Other than a lunch or dinner along the lake or a tour of the dam. (This dam was among many that was targeted during the war) But a dam is a dam. Other than that, is there really anything to do. I am not trying to put this place down. (never been there). Are there not other castles in Germany that were converted into hotels, where one could stay and have more to do or see.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestion for wine tasting and winery tours in Tuscany
- 2 How to make this adventure work?
- 3 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 4 where to stay in Germany
- 5 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 6 Spending money in Italy?
- 7 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 8 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 9 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 10 Nice/Cote D'azur/Monaco surroundings - suggestions please...
- 11 Theater in London
- 12 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 13 Thello Train Ticket - Oct 11 - Paris to Venice - "temporarily closed"
- 14 Driving Holiday Austria-Switzerland-Italy/Germany-Austria
- 15 Train pass for travel in Italy, France, and Netherlands??
- 16 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 17 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 18 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 19 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 20 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 21 Majorca - where to stay?
- 22 Basel - Day Trip
- 23 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 24 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 25 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!