Is Schloss-Waldeck overvalued as a hotel. From what I could see, it sits over Lake Eder and the Eder dam is nearby. Other than a lunch or dinner along the lake or a tour of the dam. (This dam was among many that was targeted during the war) But a dam is a dam. Other than that, is there really anything to do. I am not trying to put this place down. (never been there). Are there not other castles in Germany that were converted into hotels, where one could stay and have more to do or see.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurants near Pantheon in Rome
- 2 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 3 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 4 Andalucia itinerary help
- 5 Hotel in Paris
- 6 Budget for eating out in Italy, France and Berlin?
- 7 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 8 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 9 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 10 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 11 Belgium for 4 nights by train
- 12 Traffic fine one year later! What to do?
- 13 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 14 Mont St. Michele?
- 15 Driving Croatia turkey via Greece
- 16 Berlin: evening dining
- 17 Alhambra questions
- 18 IST plane transfer - cutting it too close?
- 19 Which area to stay in Madrid?
- 20 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 21 LHR to Victoria by Tube - Best Place to Transfer
- 22 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 23 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 24 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 25 Where to stay near Pont du Gard