Is Schloss-Waldeck overvalued as a hotel. From what I could see, it sits over Lake Eder and the Eder dam is nearby. Other than a lunch or dinner along the lake or a tour of the dam. (This dam was among many that was targeted during the war) But a dam is a dam. Other than that, is there really anything to do. I am not trying to put this place down. (never been there). Are there not other castles in Germany that were converted into hotels, where one could stay and have more to do or see.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid night life – nice bars to relax and enjoy music?
- 2 Is there immigration/customs check between Edinburgh and London?
- 3 Central European train travel
- 4 Trains from Brussels to other Belgian cities/towns
- 5 Spain Student Visa - Schengen re-entry + later arrival
- 6 What is the perfect day in Bruges?
- 7 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 8 My poppy arrived today!
- 9 Cycling in Southern France--Flat terraine
- 10 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 11 Rail connections from Rotterdam and ease of boarding train with luggage
- 12 Euro Quiz # 82 - Wednesday 4-1-15
- 13 Rail Pass for 2 countries, but HELP, we wish to cross in/out of a 3rd
- 14 Train tickets within Italy
- 15 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 16 Southwestern England
- 17 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 18 Is Jungfraujoch worth the trip for a CLAUSTROPHOBIC person?
- 19 Barcelona -which discount tickets? - museums and Gaudi
- 20 11 day Swiss and Italy
- 21 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 22 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 23 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 24 How strict are visiting times at Reina Sofia Museum
- 25 Our first trip to Europe