Is Schloss-Waldeck overvalued as a hotel. From what I could see, it sits over Lake Eder and the Eder dam is nearby. Other than a lunch or dinner along the lake or a tour of the dam. (This dam was among many that was targeted during the war) But a dam is a dam. Other than that, is there really anything to do. I am not trying to put this place down. (never been there). Are there not other castles in Germany that were converted into hotels, where one could stay and have more to do or see.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 2 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 3 Too many Trip Reports
- 4 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 5 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 6 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 7 Berlin from Rostock?
- 8 What to do in Klaipeda?
- 9 Heathrow to Paddington Trains
- 10 Is this the right way<>?
- 11 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 12 Art in Paris
- 13 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 14 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 15 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 16 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 17 First trip to Iceland! Need help planning!
- 18 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 19 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 20 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 21 Hotels that we found special
- 22 Crete for 3 weeks....but where?!
- 23 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 24 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 25 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir