Is Schloss-Waldeck overvalued as a hotel. From what I could see, it sits over Lake Eder and the Eder dam is nearby. Other than a lunch or dinner along the lake or a tour of the dam. (This dam was among many that was targeted during the war) But a dam is a dam. Other than that, is there really anything to do. I am not trying to put this place down. (never been there). Are there not other castles in Germany that were converted into hotels, where one could stay and have more to do or see.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 2 Trip to Pyrenees
- 3 Amsterdam: My list of things to do/see is ready - Pls help in daily planning
- 4 Crete Ancient sites
- 5 Hotel in Rome?
- 6 Help with somewhat messed up itinerary-Greece and Venice
- 7 A full week in The Netherlands
- 8 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 9 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 10 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 11 Glasgow to Brody Ferry Scotland
- 12 Rail or Bus Travel in Italy
- 13 Venice-Milan Airport Woes
- 14 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 15 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 16 Travel from Berlin To Paris by train. good places to visit in Paris (tips)
- 17 I went to Paris in June
- 18 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 19 3 weeks in Italy - what to do with remaining 1 week?
- 20 Spending money in Italy?
- 21 Luggage advice
- 22 Ireland driving vacation
- 23 I booked "Paris in Winter"
- 24 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 25 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls