Hello fellow Fodorites,
My daughter is travelling through Europe for 5 months. She and her friend do not intend to apply for a Schengen Visa, nor are they students (they're celebrating their graduation!). Everything I've read, including the posts here, states that you can stay in Shengen for 90 days and then must wait another 30 days before you can re-enter. Unless you're from New Zealand, lol. (Is that right?)
what if you stay less than the initial 3 months in the Zone? do the 90 days have to be consecutive for the restriction to kick in?
is there a way to travel to the UK or other (which??) non-EU states without having to stay out for a month in order to get around the restrictions? the UK exchange rate is horrible right now, and it would be tough to stay on budget for them.
My daughter has to come back to the U.S. after 2 months for a week, and then she's heading back. Does that cause a "reboot"?
or should they really apply for a visa (how much $)?
Alec, if you're out there, you seem to be the resident Fodor's expert on the subject...Help! And of course, all help is welcome and appreciated.
Schengen Zone without a student or other visa
Hello fellow Fodorites,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour Company in Russia
- 2 Purse week?
- 3 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 4 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 5 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 6 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 7 New !travel handbags, an update please!
- 8 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 9 Best St. Petersburg day trips? Need your advice!
- 10 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa
- 11 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 12 London - Paris - Venice - Flight & Transport Questions
- 13 Where to stay in the french riviera?
- 14 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 15 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 16 Traveling to Bordeaux
- 17 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 18 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 19 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 20 Spain - Mallorca vs. Canary Islands
- 21 Copenhagen - Must see places and time required in city!!
- 22 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 23 St Christophers Paris
- 24 Fashion week Sept 23-Oct 1....our dates for Paris Sept 22-28
- 25 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law