So I am planning a 6 month trip through Europe and I have read everything about the schengen agreement. I know that as an Australian passport holder I don't need a visa but that I can only stay 90/180. My question is about whether these days are counted consecutively.
I first entered the schengen zone on the 11.2.13 and stayed for 25 days. I then had 30 days in the UK. Next I went to Hungary for 4 days. I will have 60 days back in the UK before I next enter the schengen zone when I want to travel in June/July, leaving the schengen zone for a month in August. My friend also did the 25 days in February but he went back to Australia but will be joining me for travels in June. I won't have had 90 consecutive days out of the schengen zone but my friend will have.
My question is whether we will then get another 180 day period when we go back to the schengen zone in September. Our itinerary involves a lot of hopping from schengen zone to non schengen zone. I have contacted private visa companies both here in the UK and in Oz but nobody has been able to give me a clear answer.
I would love any suggestions, whether you know somewhere I can find any information.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Iceland for Nine Days
- 3 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 4 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 5 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 6 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 7 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 8 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 9 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 10 Rome or Venice first
- 11 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 12 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 15 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 16 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 17 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 18 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 19 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 20 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 21 3 day trip to iceland
- 22 Alitala
- 23 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 24 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more