So I am planning a 6 month trip through Europe and I have read everything about the schengen agreement. I know that as an Australian passport holder I don't need a visa but that I can only stay 90/180. My question is about whether these days are counted consecutively.
I first entered the schengen zone on the 11.2.13 and stayed for 25 days. I then had 30 days in the UK. Next I went to Hungary for 4 days. I will have 60 days back in the UK before I next enter the schengen zone when I want to travel in June/July, leaving the schengen zone for a month in August. My friend also did the 25 days in February but he went back to Australia but will be joining me for travels in June. I won't have had 90 consecutive days out of the schengen zone but my friend will have.
My question is whether we will then get another 180 day period when we go back to the schengen zone in September. Our itinerary involves a lot of hopping from schengen zone to non schengen zone. I have contacted private visa companies both here in the UK and in Oz but nobody has been able to give me a clear answer.
I would love any suggestions, whether you know somewhere I can find any information.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 2 Paris Navigo weekly Pass
- 3 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 4 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 5 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 6 Flat in London
- 7 How the kids age calculated
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 9 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 10 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 11 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 12 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 13 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 14 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 15 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 16 Buying Train Tickets to and from Prague
- 17 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 18 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 19 Airport Transfer - Palma Mallorca
- 20 Basilicata region of southern Italy, also known as Lucania
- 21 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 22 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 23 Madrid airport question
- 24 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 25 Opinion on sights in Florence