So I am planning a 6 month trip through Europe and I have read everything about the schengen agreement. I know that as an Australian passport holder I don't need a visa but that I can only stay 90/180. My question is about whether these days are counted consecutively.
I first entered the schengen zone on the 11.2.13 and stayed for 25 days. I then had 30 days in the UK. Next I went to Hungary for 4 days. I will have 60 days back in the UK before I next enter the schengen zone when I want to travel in June/July, leaving the schengen zone for a month in August. My friend also did the 25 days in February but he went back to Australia but will be joining me for travels in June. I won't have had 90 consecutive days out of the schengen zone but my friend will have.
My question is whether we will then get another 180 day period when we go back to the schengen zone in September. Our itinerary involves a lot of hopping from schengen zone to non schengen zone. I have contacted private visa companies both here in the UK and in Oz but nobody has been able to give me a clear answer.
I would love any suggestions, whether you know somewhere I can find any information.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 2 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 3 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 4 Another tipping question: concierges
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 7 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 8 Private Tour from Malaga to Seville
- 9 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 10 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 11 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 12 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 13 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 14 Trip Ideas
- 15 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 16 IRELAND Magical Time-lapse Mediation of County Kerry Ireland
- 17 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 18 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 19 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 20 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 21 Spain in July
- 22 Acropolis Athens
- 23 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 24 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 25 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay