I am an American opera singer singing in Italy with a visa sponsored by my theater that I'm working for. My question is about my fiancé coming to visit me:
My fiancé be visiting this month over the holidays - December 22nd-January 5th (15 days), and then he's hoping to come back May 1st-July 28th and spend 3 months with me this summer.
I understand that he is subject to the 90 days out of 180 day rule to be able to stay in Italy. Will he be ok with these planned dates?
As I see it, with a start date of December 22nd, the 180 day period ends June 19th. As of June 19th, adding up the first trip, (15 days) and from May1-June 19 (50 days) - he's still well below the 90 day limit. Then, through research online, it seems he would have to leave the Schengen area on the 180th day, and return a day or so later to start the next 180 days. Then he would stay from June 21st-July 28 (38 days). Therefore, he would never be in Italy for more than 90 days consecutively. Does this work?
Thank you for any help...I've scoured the internet and EVERYTHING seems to either conflict or just not address my situation. I've also emailed the Italian Embassy in the States, but I'm not encouraged...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 2 PARIS
- 3 Where should I go with my family?
- 4 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 5 Stu Tower
- 6 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 7 Trains in Italy
- 8 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 9 Tour or self drive Douro?
- 10 Which Hotel in Rome
- 11 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 12 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 13 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 14 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 15 First Solo Adventure
- 16 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 17 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 18 SE ITALY
- 19 First Solo Adventure
- 20 Crete Holiday
- 21 Honeymooning in Croatia - 2 weeks in August
- 22 Drive from Piedmont to Malpensa Qs?
- 23 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 24 Montreux Riviera public transport pass
- 25 Alitala