I am an American opera singer singing in Italy with a visa sponsored by my theater that I'm working for. My question is about my fiancé coming to visit me:
My fiancé be visiting this month over the holidays - December 22nd-January 5th (15 days), and then he's hoping to come back May 1st-July 28th and spend 3 months with me this summer.
I understand that he is subject to the 90 days out of 180 day rule to be able to stay in Italy. Will he be ok with these planned dates?
As I see it, with a start date of December 22nd, the 180 day period ends June 19th. As of June 19th, adding up the first trip, (15 days) and from May1-June 19 (50 days) - he's still well below the 90 day limit. Then, through research online, it seems he would have to leave the Schengen area on the 180th day, and return a day or so later to start the next 180 days. Then he would stay from June 21st-July 28 (38 days). Therefore, he would never be in Italy for more than 90 days consecutively. Does this work?
Thank you for any help...I've scoured the internet and EVERYTHING seems to either conflict or just not address my situation. I've also emailed the Italian Embassy in the States, but I'm not encouraged...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reset Canon SETUP Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681 :7208 CANON PRINTER d*j
- 2 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 3 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 4 TIM in FCO - update
- 5 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 6 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 7 Cartagena Spain
- 8 London in Winter Report
- 9 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 10 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 11 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 12 3 nights in Madrid
- 13 S. Kensington London Restaurants
- 14 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 15 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 16 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 17 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 18 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 19 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 20 Threat Level in UK
- 21 Itinery help Crete
- 22 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 23 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 24 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 25 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...