After much deliberation and support from fellow fodorites, I planned my Spain & Paris trip this Aug. Just like all of you, I ran pillar to post to submit gazillion documents for the application (hate paperwork but yeah I know it’s a necessary evil!).
Within 8 days, I hear from the agent that my visa has been approved by Spanish embassy. Happiness follows!
Then the visa agent’s delivery boy comes to hand over the passport to me. I inspect each letter on the visa (as I always do) to ensure all is ok.
What do I realise?
The embassy has mentioned correct “From” date and their “Until” date of visa validity is good one week beyond what I need for this trip. So all ok till now.
BUT, they have wrongly calculated the “Duration” of the trip as only 10 days! Good one week short of my itinerary, which was duly mentioned in the covering letter, supported by flight bookings & hotel confirmations submitted at the time of visa application!!
Despite making a thorough and systematic file AND engaging the services of a professional visa agent, this fiasco happened. With exact 2 weeks to go, I’m trying to finish office work before I go on long leave. I am going to be traveling a lot within the country for work & personal reasons for the next 2 weeks.
When I spoke to the agent, his answer was shocking! He said that as the flight tickets were not done through him, he did not check the validity of the visa issued! I told him that he had access to my travel plan when I submitted all my documents for application. Ideally, this should have been mapped against actual visa approval to ensure all was in order. This is the minimum to be done in lieu of his visa facilitation fee. Anyway, I was told I should re-apply requesting for rectification of the mistake citing earlier application. I am also supposed to re-submit all my papers again! Here I was, making plans to catch some sleep & peace in the evening (TGIF) before I start traveling tomo morning. And now, I am making another covering letter and obtaining stipulated originals of visa documents along with set of itinerary (flight + hotels).
Anyway, I am too excited about the trip to let this affect me. I’m hopeful all will go right this time!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 릴 게임 동영상 ≪ 접속주소 :≫tt349.com≪
- 2 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 3 ATM
- 4 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 5 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 6 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 7 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 8 London 6 day itinerary
- 9 London Hotel - Different Request
- 10 Portugal rental car
- 11 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 12 Iceland trip report!
- 13 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 14 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 15 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 16 3 nights in Madrid
- 17 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 18 alcazar question and seville advice
- 19 Bernese Oberland
- 20 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 21 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 22 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 23 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 24 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 25 Threat Level in UK