After much deliberation and support from fellow fodorites, I planned my Spain & Paris trip this Aug. Just like all of you, I ran pillar to post to submit gazillion documents for the application (hate paperwork but yeah I know it’s a necessary evil!).
Within 8 days, I hear from the agent that my visa has been approved by Spanish embassy. Happiness follows!
Then the visa agent’s delivery boy comes to hand over the passport to me. I inspect each letter on the visa (as I always do) to ensure all is ok.
What do I realise?
The embassy has mentioned correct “From” date and their “Until” date of visa validity is good one week beyond what I need for this trip. So all ok till now.
BUT, they have wrongly calculated the “Duration” of the trip as only 10 days! Good one week short of my itinerary, which was duly mentioned in the covering letter, supported by flight bookings & hotel confirmations submitted at the time of visa application!!
Despite making a thorough and systematic file AND engaging the services of a professional visa agent, this fiasco happened. With exact 2 weeks to go, I’m trying to finish office work before I go on long leave. I am going to be traveling a lot within the country for work & personal reasons for the next 2 weeks.
When I spoke to the agent, his answer was shocking! He said that as the flight tickets were not done through him, he did not check the validity of the visa issued! I told him that he had access to my travel plan when I submitted all my documents for application. Ideally, this should have been mapped against actual visa approval to ensure all was in order. This is the minimum to be done in lieu of his visa facilitation fee. Anyway, I was told I should re-apply requesting for rectification of the mistake citing earlier application. I am also supposed to re-submit all my papers again! Here I was, making plans to catch some sleep & peace in the evening (TGIF) before I start traveling tomo morning. And now, I am making another covering letter and obtaining stipulated originals of visa documents along with set of itinerary (flight + hotels).
Anyway, I am too excited about the trip to let this affect me. I’m hopeful all will go right this time!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 전용보스카지노＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼온라인카지노
- 2 코리아세븐럭카지노＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼온라인카지노
- 3 Ottolenghi walk-ins?
- 4 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 5 Passenger van Rental in Milan
- 6 Escorted tours Norway
- 7 favorite app for converting US $$
- 8 Italy Itinerary Advice
- 9 Car Rental in France - Europcar
- 10 Help with basic itinerary
- 11 Hurtigruten port suggestion
- 12 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 13 Tuscany car rental and accommodations
- 14 First timer/road trip, itenerary help
- 15 France on my own
- 16 Greece and Italy Combo
- 17 Suggestions for two night stay near Athens airport?
- 18 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 19 Clean up spam
- 20 MADRID - METRO WORKS LINE 8
- 21 Married couple first time to Europe, 4 cities over 2 weeks, questions.
- 22 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 23 A Scrumptious Slice of Slovenia
- 24 10 days in Germany, Itinerary help please!
- 25 Amalfi Coast, Italy