After much deliberation and support from fellow fodorites, I planned my Spain & Paris trip this Aug. Just like all of you, I ran pillar to post to submit gazillion documents for the application (hate paperwork but yeah I know it’s a necessary evil!).
Within 8 days, I hear from the agent that my visa has been approved by Spanish embassy. Happiness follows!
Then the visa agent’s delivery boy comes to hand over the passport to me. I inspect each letter on the visa (as I always do) to ensure all is ok.
What do I realise?
The embassy has mentioned correct “From” date and their “Until” date of visa validity is good one week beyond what I need for this trip. So all ok till now.
BUT, they have wrongly calculated the “Duration” of the trip as only 10 days! Good one week short of my itinerary, which was duly mentioned in the covering letter, supported by flight bookings & hotel confirmations submitted at the time of visa application!!
Despite making a thorough and systematic file AND engaging the services of a professional visa agent, this fiasco happened. With exact 2 weeks to go, I’m trying to finish office work before I go on long leave. I am going to be traveling a lot within the country for work & personal reasons for the next 2 weeks.
When I spoke to the agent, his answer was shocking! He said that as the flight tickets were not done through him, he did not check the validity of the visa issued! I told him that he had access to my travel plan when I submitted all my documents for application. Ideally, this should have been mapped against actual visa approval to ensure all was in order. This is the minimum to be done in lieu of his visa facilitation fee. Anyway, I was told I should re-apply requesting for rectification of the mistake citing earlier application. I am also supposed to re-submit all my papers again! Here I was, making plans to catch some sleep & peace in the evening (TGIF) before I start traveling tomo morning. And now, I am making another covering letter and obtaining stipulated originals of visa documents along with set of itinerary (flight + hotels).
Anyway, I am too excited about the trip to let this affect me. I’m hopeful all will go right this time!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 2 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 3 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 4 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 5 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 6 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 7 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 8 House Hunting in France
- 9 English Countryside
- 10 Tour of Northern Italy
- 11 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 12 Cognac transportation?
- 13 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 14 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 15 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 16 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 17 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 18 Granada to Madrid
- 19 San Sebastian
- 20 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 21 Hotel in Vienna
- 22 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 24 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 25 An hour and ten min enough for connection?