I live in Europe but my girlfriend is Chinese and lives in BJ. I am trying to get her to travel to Europe, but am rather overwhelmed by the amount of paperwork, papers, certifications, etc. etc. which the embassy requires in order to get a tourist Schengen Visa. Her financial situation is not that great, but I think that shouldn't be too big of a problem since I will vouch for her (there's a legal form to fill out in which I bindingly agree to take financial responsability for her).
The main problem, as far as I have understood, is that she needs a letter from her employer stating salary, duration of contract, holiday period granted, etc. etc. As she doesn't have personal holidays, she would need to take unpaid leave, but her boss might not be willing to give her the authorization and write the letter. She's actually thinking about quitting that job anyways, but I've been telling her not to because without a job I fear that it will be very difficult for her to get a Visa. Correct ? Anyways, if she changes job it'll be months until they will allow her to take any vacation..........
Does anyone have any experience with such a situation or can offer insight as to how we can overcome it ? Is there an alternative to the letter from the employer ?
I'd really appreciate your help on the matter since I'm lost right now.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 2 Itinerary Help - 5 weeks Spain and Portugal Cities
- 3 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 4 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 5 Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday
- 6 Greece Travel Advice
- 7 Lisbon Airport - A Huge Mess
- 8 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 9 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 10 European Championship
- 11 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 12 Honeymoon hotel in Montreux/Vevey
- 13 Charles De Gualle Airport, Paris to Eiffel Tower
- 14 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 15 Normandy - driving trip
- 16 4 days driving holiday to rural North England.
- 17 Best/Most Scenic Route to Annecy, France from Amsterdam
- 18 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 19 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 20 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 21 Getting from Gare de L'Est to Gare de Lyon
- 22 Reflections on our Trip to Barcelona, Languedoc, Dordogne and Paris
- 23 sim card
- 24 Dr Manahel Thabet- Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 25 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris