I live in Europe but my girlfriend is Chinese and lives in BJ. I am trying to get her to travel to Europe, but am rather overwhelmed by the amount of paperwork, papers, certifications, etc. etc. which the embassy requires in order to get a tourist Schengen Visa. Her financial situation is not that great, but I think that shouldn't be too big of a problem since I will vouch for her (there's a legal form to fill out in which I bindingly agree to take financial responsability for her).
The main problem, as far as I have understood, is that she needs a letter from her employer stating salary, duration of contract, holiday period granted, etc. etc. As she doesn't have personal holidays, she would need to take unpaid leave, but her boss might not be willing to give her the authorization and write the letter. She's actually thinking about quitting that job anyways, but I've been telling her not to because without a job I fear that it will be very difficult for her to get a Visa. Correct ? Anyways, if she changes job it'll be months until they will allow her to take any vacation..........
Does anyone have any experience with such a situation or can offer insight as to how we can overcome it ? Is there an alternative to the letter from the employer ?
I'd really appreciate your help on the matter since I'm lost right now.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 2 Spain in December
- 3 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 4 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 5 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 6 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 7 Skye to Edinburgh
- 8 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 9 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 10 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 11 Greek Islands (small)
- 12 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 13 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 14 Amalfi Coast transportation
- 15 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 16 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 17 UK Visa Help
- 18 K-Day
- 19 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 20 Sundays in Puglia
- 21 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 22 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 23 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 24 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 25 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have