I live in Europe but my girlfriend is Chinese and lives in BJ. I am trying to get her to travel to Europe, but am rather overwhelmed by the amount of paperwork, papers, certifications, etc. etc. which the embassy requires in order to get a tourist Schengen Visa. Her financial situation is not that great, but I think that shouldn't be too big of a problem since I will vouch for her (there's a legal form to fill out in which I bindingly agree to take financial responsability for her).
The main problem, as far as I have understood, is that she needs a letter from her employer stating salary, duration of contract, holiday period granted, etc. etc. As she doesn't have personal holidays, she would need to take unpaid leave, but her boss might not be willing to give her the authorization and write the letter. She's actually thinking about quitting that job anyways, but I've been telling her not to because without a job I fear that it will be very difficult for her to get a Visa. Correct ? Anyways, if she changes job it'll be months until they will allow her to take any vacation..........
Does anyone have any experience with such a situation or can offer insight as to how we can overcome it ? Is there an alternative to the letter from the employer ?
I'd really appreciate your help on the matter since I'm lost right now.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train or Coach from Dublin to Cork?
- 2 A week driving in Bavaria
- 3 AirBNB in London - soon to be a thing of the past?
- 4 Travel from Germany to Switzerland
- 5 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 6 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 7 Camino Redux
- 8 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 9 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 10 Barcelona Hair Salon
- 11 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 12 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 13 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 14 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 15 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 16 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 17 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 18 Trans-Siberia Train
- 19 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 20 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 21 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 22 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 23 7 day Italy itinerary and storing luggage in train station
- 24 PLITVICE LAKES
- 25 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).