I live in Europe but my girlfriend is Chinese and lives in BJ. I am trying to get her to travel to Europe, but am rather overwhelmed by the amount of paperwork, papers, certifications, etc. etc. which the embassy requires in order to get a tourist Schengen Visa. Her financial situation is not that great, but I think that shouldn't be too big of a problem since I will vouch for her (there's a legal form to fill out in which I bindingly agree to take financial responsability for her).
The main problem, as far as I have understood, is that she needs a letter from her employer stating salary, duration of contract, holiday period granted, etc. etc. As she doesn't have personal holidays, she would need to take unpaid leave, but her boss might not be willing to give her the authorization and write the letter. She's actually thinking about quitting that job anyways, but I've been telling her not to because without a job I fear that it will be very difficult for her to get a Visa. Correct ? Anyways, if she changes job it'll be months until they will allow her to take any vacation..........
Does anyone have any experience with such a situation or can offer insight as to how we can overcome it ? Is there an alternative to the letter from the employer ?
I'd really appreciate your help on the matter since I'm lost right now.
Schengen Visa for Chinese
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 2 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 3 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 4 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 5 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 6 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 7 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 8 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 9 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 10 Street food in Turkey
- 11 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 12 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 13 Valencia Fallas GTG March 17th 1 pm Hotel Melia Plaza
- 14 Itinerary Help!
- 15 Toulouse and beyond -
- 16 One week in Venice - trips
- 17 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 18 Scotland
- 19 9 days in turkey
- 20 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 21 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 22 UK for 12 days !
- 23 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 24 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 25 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase