I live in Europe but my girlfriend is Chinese and lives in BJ. I am trying to get her to travel to Europe, but am rather overwhelmed by the amount of paperwork, papers, certifications, etc. etc. which the embassy requires in order to get a tourist Schengen Visa. Her financial situation is not that great, but I think that shouldn't be too big of a problem since I will vouch for her (there's a legal form to fill out in which I bindingly agree to take financial responsability for her).
The main problem, as far as I have understood, is that she needs a letter from her employer stating salary, duration of contract, holiday period granted, etc. etc. As she doesn't have personal holidays, she would need to take unpaid leave, but her boss might not be willing to give her the authorization and write the letter. She's actually thinking about quitting that job anyways, but I've been telling her not to because without a job I fear that it will be very difficult for her to get a Visa. Correct ? Anyways, if she changes job it'll be months until they will allow her to take any vacation..........
Does anyone have any experience with such a situation or can offer insight as to how we can overcome it ? Is there an alternative to the letter from the employer ?
I'd really appreciate your help on the matter since I'm lost right now.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UNITED: NORTON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 NORTON SECURITY 24*7
- 2 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 3 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 4 Scotland
- 5 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 6 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 7 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 8 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 9 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 10 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 11 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 12 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 13 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 14 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 15 Scotland itinerary help
- 16 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 17 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 18 Edinbrugh
- 19 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden
- 20 Swimming to Paris
- 21 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 22 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 23 Istria in two days
- 24 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 25 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?