I live in Europe but my girlfriend is Chinese and lives in BJ. I am trying to get her to travel to Europe, but am rather overwhelmed by the amount of paperwork, papers, certifications, etc. etc. which the embassy requires in order to get a tourist Schengen Visa. Her financial situation is not that great, but I think that shouldn't be too big of a problem since I will vouch for her (there's a legal form to fill out in which I bindingly agree to take financial responsability for her).
The main problem, as far as I have understood, is that she needs a letter from her employer stating salary, duration of contract, holiday period granted, etc. etc. As she doesn't have personal holidays, she would need to take unpaid leave, but her boss might not be willing to give her the authorization and write the letter. She's actually thinking about quitting that job anyways, but I've been telling her not to because without a job I fear that it will be very difficult for her to get a Visa. Correct ? Anyways, if she changes job it'll be months until they will allow her to take any vacation..........
Does anyone have any experience with such a situation or can offer insight as to how we can overcome it ? Is there an alternative to the letter from the employer ?
I'd really appreciate your help on the matter since I'm lost right now.
Schengen Visa for Chinese
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 2 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 3 Fashion for larger man?
- 4 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 5 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 6 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 7 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 8 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 9 What to wear
- 10 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 11 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 12 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 13 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 14 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 15 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 16 London 2nd time around
- 17 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 18 Traveling in France by train
- 19 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 20 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 21 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 22 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 23 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 24 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 25 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?