I live in Europe but my girlfriend is Chinese and lives in BJ. I am trying to get her to travel to Europe, but am rather overwhelmed by the amount of paperwork, papers, certifications, etc. etc. which the embassy requires in order to get a tourist Schengen Visa. Her financial situation is not that great, but I think that shouldn't be too big of a problem since I will vouch for her (there's a legal form to fill out in which I bindingly agree to take financial responsability for her).
The main problem, as far as I have understood, is that she needs a letter from her employer stating salary, duration of contract, holiday period granted, etc. etc. As she doesn't have personal holidays, she would need to take unpaid leave, but her boss might not be willing to give her the authorization and write the letter. She's actually thinking about quitting that job anyways, but I've been telling her not to because without a job I fear that it will be very difficult for her to get a Visa. Correct ? Anyways, if she changes job it'll be months until they will allow her to take any vacation..........
Does anyone have any experience with such a situation or can offer insight as to how we can overcome it ? Is there an alternative to the letter from the employer ?
I'd really appreciate your help on the matter since I'm lost right now.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jetlagged first day in Hamburg
- 2 Need help - Interlaken OR Zermatt / St.Martiz to spend time
- 3 Berlin Hotel feedback
- 4 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 5 Stockholm & Copenhagen - 7 Nights early Sep
- 6 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
- 7 Sicily transportation
- 8 Which Guided Tour ??
- 9 easy daytrip from Firenze (without car)
- 10 What Greek islands should I visit
- 11 One quick week -- where in France?
- 12 Brugge or Ghent?
- 13 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 14 Day trips on Irish Rail from Dublin?
- 15 Train to L'Aquila italy
- 16 Citadines Trafalgar Square
- 17 Local markets in Italy
- 18 A week in Europe (Switzerland area)
- 19 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 20 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 21 Barcelona completely overrated
- 22 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 23 Itinerary Assistance
- 24 Where will Britain go?
- 25 Travel to Karlsrhue