I am foreign national and a US permanent resident. So I need a Schengen Visa for my 5 week backpacking trip this summer to Spain, France and Italy. I will be spending the maximum amount of time in Italy. Hence I have chosen to apply for my Visa in the Italian Embassy in Houston, Texas.
I expect this process to be pretty straightforward as long as I have all the documents straight (my Green Card, my Indian passport, bank statements, letter from my University as I am a student, plane ticket reservation info, hotel reservations for the entire trip, etc.)
This questions is directed to non-US citizens of course. Can you please share your experience applying for a Schengen Visa in an Italian Embassy in the US? Was the process pretty smooth? Is there anything I need to watch out for? Appreciate your comments and advice.
Schengen Visa app(Embassy of Italy, Houston, Texas) - Tips/advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Using magnetic-strip ATM card to withdraw cash from Eurozone ATM
- 2 Sleeper Coaches Tickets from Krakow to Budapest -- Cheap Sparnight fares
- 3 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 4 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 5 Paris Accomodation, Which District
- 6 Marry in Venice travel to Florence, Rome, AC, Naples
- 7 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 8 Rauma Train and the Atlantic Ocean Rd worth visiting?
- 9 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 10 Scotland and northern England
- 11 What's your suggestion ????
- 12 I Have 7 Days for a Portugal DIY
- 13 Help Me Plan My Trip
- 14 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 15 Renting an apt.
- 16 Does anyone travel with trip notes on an ipad? Tech help please!
- 17 Summer vacation in Greece for 2 weeks, need help w itinerary !!
- 18 Help me with this trip
- 19 February end Europe travel with Kids
- 20 Tight Transfer at Gatwick
- 21 Michelin, Fodors, Rough Guide, or ???-What's your favorite travel guide?
- 22 Euro Travel Quiz # 41 - Food for Thought!
- 23 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 24 Brussels/Bruges and Berlin in April
- 25 Northern Italy Planner's Block -- Help!