I am foreign national and a US permanent resident. So I need a Schengen Visa for my 5 week backpacking trip this summer to Spain, France and Italy. I will be spending the maximum amount of time in Italy. Hence I have chosen to apply for my Visa in the Italian Embassy in Houston, Texas.
I expect this process to be pretty straightforward as long as I have all the documents straight (my Green Card, my Indian passport, bank statements, letter from my University as I am a student, plane ticket reservation info, hotel reservations for the entire trip, etc.)
This questions is directed to non-US citizens of course. Can you please share your experience applying for a Schengen Visa in an Italian Embassy in the US? Was the process pretty smooth? Is there anything I need to watch out for? Appreciate your comments and advice.
Schengen Visa app(Embassy of Italy, Houston, Texas) - Tips/advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 2 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 3 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 4 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 5 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 6 Air pollution in Paris
- 7 France, Italy and Greec
- 8 gites de france or agritourism
- 9 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 10 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 11 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 12 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 13 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 14 Trains in Italy
- 15 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 16 Nice or Marseille??
- 17 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 18 Dresden or Leipzig
- 19 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 20 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 21 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 22 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 23 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 24 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 25 ACP Rail -- any info?