I am travelling to Switzerland for a 5 day trip in April,2016. I would be travelling with my family of 3 which includes a 4 yr old kid.My high level itinerary is as follows:
1) DAY 1- Zurich to Lucerne by train- If time/weather permits visit Mt.Titlis- back to hotel
2) DAY2 - Boat trip from Lucerne to Meggen, visit Chapel Bridge,Swiss Transport Museum, local shopping, head back to hotel.
3) DAY3- Check out and head for Grindelwald. Take train via Luzern - Meiringen - Interlaken - Grindelwald (3.5 hrs scenic).
4) DAY 4- Mt.Jungfrau, head back to hotel
5) DAY 5 -Trummelbach Falls,Grindelwald First OR explore other options
6) DAY6 - End of tour- Head back from Grindelwald to Zurich Airport
My question on this thread is to get some suggestions about a scenic train journey which I can fit into my itinerary. As stated, on DAY3, I would be travelling from Lucerne to Grindelwald via train. However, I am not really sure if this journey would be scenic enough. Since, I am staying at Grindelwald for three days, I hope to add /adjust few more visits, but not really sure about where to go. Please advise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 2 French Election - Questions???
- 3 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 4 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 5 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 6 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 7 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 8 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 9 To Paris Beauvais? Thursday the 27th am?
- 10 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 11 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 12 2 weeks Europe trip
- 13 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 14 dinner jackets
- 15 French election
- 16 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 17 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 18 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 19 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 20 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 21 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 22 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 23 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 24 mountain views near London
- 25 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163