I am travelling to Switzerland for a 5 day trip in April,2016. I would be travelling with my family of 3 which includes a 4 yr old kid.My high level itinerary is as follows:
1) DAY 1- Zurich to Lucerne by train- If time/weather permits visit Mt.Titlis- back to hotel
2) DAY2 - Boat trip from Lucerne to Meggen, visit Chapel Bridge,Swiss Transport Museum, local shopping, head back to hotel.
3) DAY3- Check out and head for Grindelwald. Take train via Luzern - Meiringen - Interlaken - Grindelwald (3.5 hrs scenic).
4) DAY 4- Mt.Jungfrau, head back to hotel
5) DAY 5 -Trummelbach Falls,Grindelwald First OR explore other options
6) DAY6 - End of tour- Head back from Grindelwald to Zurich Airport
My question on this thread is to get some suggestions about a scenic train journey which I can fit into my itinerary. As stated, on DAY3, I would be travelling from Lucerne to Grindelwald via train. However, I am not really sure if this journey would be scenic enough. Since, I am staying at Grindelwald for three days, I hope to add /adjust few more visits, but not really sure about where to go. Please advise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 2 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 3 Wengen 3 1/2 days trip final suggestion
- 4 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 5 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 6 Appenzell in December?
- 7 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 8 Traveling in Belgium
- 9 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 10 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 11 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 13 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 14 Booking.com trustworthy?
- 15 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 18 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 19 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 20 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 21 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 22 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 23 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 24 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 25 4 days in france w 4 kids