I am travelling to Switzerland for a 5 day trip in April,2016. I would be travelling with my family of 3 which includes a 4 yr old kid.My high level itinerary is as follows:
1) DAY 1- Zurich to Lucerne by train- If time/weather permits visit Mt.Titlis- back to hotel
2) DAY2 - Boat trip from Lucerne to Meggen, visit Chapel Bridge,Swiss Transport Museum, local shopping, head back to hotel.
3) DAY3- Check out and head for Grindelwald. Take train via Luzern - Meiringen - Interlaken - Grindelwald (3.5 hrs scenic).
4) DAY 4- Mt.Jungfrau, head back to hotel
5) DAY 5 -Trummelbach Falls,Grindelwald First OR explore other options
6) DAY6 - End of tour- Head back from Grindelwald to Zurich Airport
My question on this thread is to get some suggestions about a scenic train journey which I can fit into my itinerary. As stated, on DAY3, I would be travelling from Lucerne to Grindelwald via train. However, I am not really sure if this journey would be scenic enough. Since, I am staying at Grindelwald for three days, I hope to add /adjust few more visits, but not really sure about where to go. Please advise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome or Venice first
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 Europe First Timers
- 4 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 5 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 6 Apartment Montreux area
- 7 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 8 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 9 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 10 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 11 Berlin
- 12 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 13 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 14 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 15 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 16 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 17 Lille Braderie 2017
- 18 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 19 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 20 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 21 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 24 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 25 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?