I am travelling to Switzerland for a 5 day trip in April,2016. I would be travelling with my family of 3 which includes a 4 yr old kid.My high level itinerary is as follows:
1) DAY 1- Zurich to Lucerne by train- If time/weather permits visit Mt.Titlis- back to hotel
2) DAY2 - Boat trip from Lucerne to Meggen, visit Chapel Bridge,Swiss Transport Museum, local shopping, head back to hotel.
3) DAY3- Check out and head for Grindelwald. Take train via Luzern - Meiringen - Interlaken - Grindelwald (3.5 hrs scenic).
4) DAY 4- Mt.Jungfrau, head back to hotel
5) DAY 5 -Trummelbach Falls,Grindelwald First OR explore other options
6) DAY6 - End of tour- Head back from Grindelwald to Zurich Airport
My question on this thread is to get some suggestions about a scenic train journey which I can fit into my itinerary. As stated, on DAY3, I would be travelling from Lucerne to Grindelwald via train. However, I am not really sure if this journey would be scenic enough. Since, I am staying at Grindelwald for three days, I hope to add /adjust few more visits, but not really sure about where to go. Please advise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 2 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 3 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 4 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 5 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 6 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 9 getting to CDG
- 10 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 11 Cambrils
- 12 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Amalfi Coast help
- 15 CDG airport and connection time
- 16 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 17 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 18 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 19 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 20 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 21 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 22 Trains in Alps and UK
- 23 Switzerland
- 24 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 25 More earthquakes in central Italy