I have done quite a bit of research but there are still two questions I couldn't answer by myself. Basically I have two days and need to get from Milan to Zurich and I figured I try to get the most scenic train routes as possible. The recommendation online seems to be to get to Tirno and hop on the Bernina Express route to Chur and then onto Zurich. Right now, I have planned a stop in St. Moritz.
1. The legs between Milan and Tirano and Chur and Zurich are as far as I know fixed price so require no previous reservation. Is that true with the Bernina Express route as well?
2. Should I take the actually Bernina Express train or just the regional train?
3. If I were to see a pretty spot/village on the way, is it possible for me to just jump off for a stopover on my ticket?
Thank you guys so much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 2 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 3 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 5 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 6 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 7 Planning A trip
- 8 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 9 Driving through Paris
- 10 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 11 Watch Full Empire Season 4 Episode 4 s04e04 Online
- 12 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 13 Watch-Full Empire Season 4 Episode 4 s04e04 Online. watch
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 16 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 17 Bruges
- 18 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 19 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 20 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 21 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 24 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 25 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets