I have done quite a bit of research but there are still two questions I couldn't answer by myself. Basically I have two days and need to get from Milan to Zurich and I figured I try to get the most scenic train routes as possible. The recommendation online seems to be to get to Tirno and hop on the Bernina Express route to Chur and then onto Zurich. Right now, I have planned a stop in St. Moritz.
1. The legs between Milan and Tirano and Chur and Zurich are as far as I know fixed price so require no previous reservation. Is that true with the Bernina Express route as well?
2. Should I take the actually Bernina Express train or just the regional train?
3. If I were to see a pretty spot/village on the way, is it possible for me to just jump off for a stopover on my ticket?
Thank you guys so much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 3 where to stay in London?
- 4 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 5 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 6 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 7 Flamenco in October
- 8 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 9 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 10 4 days itinerary for France
- 11 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 12 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 13 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 14 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 15 getting to CDG
- 16 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 17 A Month stay in Southern France
- 18 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 19 Revised itinerary for italy
- 20 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 21 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 22 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 23 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 24 Hotel in Vienna
- 25 Places of interest