I have done quite a bit of research but there are still two questions I couldn't answer by myself. Basically I have two days and need to get from Milan to Zurich and I figured I try to get the most scenic train routes as possible. The recommendation online seems to be to get to Tirno and hop on the Bernina Express route to Chur and then onto Zurich. Right now, I have planned a stop in St. Moritz.
1. The legs between Milan and Tirano and Chur and Zurich are as far as I know fixed price so require no previous reservation. Is that true with the Bernina Express route as well?
2. Should I take the actually Bernina Express train or just the regional train?
3. If I were to see a pretty spot/village on the way, is it possible for me to just jump off for a stopover on my ticket?
Thank you guys so much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trek through Eur
- 2 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 3 Budapest in December 2017
- 4 Amsterdam hotels
- 5 Denmark or Sweden?
- 6 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 7 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 8 Europe itinerary questions
- 9 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 10 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 11 Paris hotels
- 12 London Hotels
- 13 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 14 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 15 We're here!
- 16 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 17 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 18 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 19 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 22 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 23 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 24 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 25 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt