Three of us will be travelling from Rome to Florence in March. Is there a reasonable alternative to the High Speed Train that will allow us to see more of the countryside? We were thinking of train but perhaps bus? Car rental just for that trip doesn't seem viable. If we travel by train, for example to Pisa then to Florence or to Siena to Pisa to Florence, what would we do with luggage while stopping to see the city? Can it be done in a relaxed day? It would certianly be easier to take the fast train but what would we miss that we could take in?
Scenic Route Between Rome and Florence as Alternate to High Speed Train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London neighborhood suggestions
- 2 Bus Tours in Scotland???
- 3 Cheapest, easiest way to get from Ljubljana to Zurich?
- 4 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 5 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 6 Restaurants in Spain
- 7 big family in Ireland
- 8 UK for 10 days with 9 and 13 year old
- 9 What to wear
- 10 Touring Dover Castle
- 11 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 12 Ireland itinerary
- 13 Barcelona and Italy itinerary...hotels all set, need help w some details
- 14 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 15 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 16 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 17 Cell phones in Ireland
- 18 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 19 7 Nights in Paris
- 20 Santorini transportation
- 21 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 22 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 23 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 24 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 25 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?