Three of us will be travelling from Rome to Florence in March. Is there a reasonable alternative to the High Speed Train that will allow us to see more of the countryside? We were thinking of train but perhaps bus? Car rental just for that trip doesn't seem viable. If we travel by train, for example to Pisa then to Florence or to Siena to Pisa to Florence, what would we do with luggage while stopping to see the city? Can it be done in a relaxed day? It would certianly be easier to take the fast train but what would we miss that we could take in?
Scenic Route Between Rome and Florence as Alternate to High Speed Train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stay near Paris
- 2 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 3 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help
- 4 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 5 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 6 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 7 Oktoberfest reservations
- 8 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 9 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 10 Eurostar booking
- 11 Questions for my German friends
- 12 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 13 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 14 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 15 Chip but no PIN
- 16 Good neighborhood to stay in Porto
- 17 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 18 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 19 What to wear
- 20 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 21 italy
- 22 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 23 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 24 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 25 Advance Tickest from Piraeus to Islands?