We will be driving from Annecy to the Avignon area on a weekday later this month and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a scenic route with fun stops. We will be leaving Annecy after breakfast and would like to arrive in Avignon around dinnertime. It would be really nice to not take the autoroute the whole time!
We would be looking for some pretty and scenic countryside driving with not too much scary mountain driving as I'm sure there is plenty in that area. Any must sees - must eats along the way? If it were you, which route would you take?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 2 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 3 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 4 2 days in Florence
- 5 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 6 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 7 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 8 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 9 base for Andalucia
- 10 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 11 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 12 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 13 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 14 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 15 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 16 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 17 Windsor Castle
- 18 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 19 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 20 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 21 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 22 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 23 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 24 4 nights in Sardinia
- 25 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?
Scenic drive suggestions between Annecy and Avignon area (one day)