I am spending one week in Edinburgh at the end of April. Unfortunately, I do not think I will have time to see any of the Hebrian Islands...I really wanted to go to Isle of Skye!
Can anyone recommend any scenic day trips from Edinburgh? Beautiful lakes or forests?
I loved the Seven Sisters in the south of England...I wonder if there is anything like this near Edinburgh.
I am not much of a hiker but I like to go on long walks through the countryside and small old towns. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying tablecloth in Paris for wedding gift?
- 2 Help wanted! Ideas for Europe by wheelchair (or boat!)
- 3 Need help in travel planning
- 4 London: Battle of the badges
- 5 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 6 Croatia in 7 days
- 7 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 8 Arcachon Bassin--best area to stay
- 9 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 10 Best Sequence for Venice>Vernazza>Florence/Sorrento ?
- 11 Wengen vs Grindelwald
- 12 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 13 Excess insurance
- 14 Ireland Itinerary: Too Much Driving?
- 15 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 16 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 17 Provence and/or Sicily in June?
- 18 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 19 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 20 T Mobile Extends High Speed Data
- 21 Help plan the route/transport options around Spain
- 22 Trans-Siberia Train
- 23 Need Ideas for hiking in Europe
- 24 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 25 Flying into Dublin have 10 days to explore Europe