I am spending one week in Edinburgh at the end of April. Unfortunately, I do not think I will have time to see any of the Hebrian Islands...I really wanted to go to Isle of Skye!
Can anyone recommend any scenic day trips from Edinburgh? Beautiful lakes or forests?
I loved the Seven Sisters in the south of England...I wonder if there is anything like this near Edinburgh.
I am not much of a hiker but I like to go on long walks through the countryside and small old towns. Thanks.
Scenic day trips from Edinburgh
- 1 To Paris and Provence in June
- 2 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 3 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 4 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 5 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 6 Car in Prague
- 7 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 8 Euro Train
- 9 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 10 first european holiday itinery
- 11 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 12 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 13 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 14 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 15 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 16 Travel by train or bus
- 17 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 18 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 19 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 20 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 21 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 22 Cyprus in December
- 23 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 24 Which travel plan?
- 25 Florence in October