I am spending one week in Edinburgh at the end of April. Unfortunately, I do not think I will have time to see any of the Hebrian Islands...I really wanted to go to Isle of Skye!
Can anyone recommend any scenic day trips from Edinburgh? Beautiful lakes or forests?
I loved the Seven Sisters in the south of England...I wonder if there is anything like this near Edinburgh.
I am not much of a hiker but I like to go on long walks through the countryside and small old towns. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 2 Bordeaux to Nice
- 3 Whathello Paris
- 4 Uber vs. TfL
- 5 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 6 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 7 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 8 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 9 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 10 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 11 Athens Help
- 12 Trains in Italy
- 13 Transport for local Venice travel
- 14 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 15 Crete Holiday
- 16 Christmas in Italy
- 17 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 18 "Too Much Cows"
- 19 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 20 Thinking about the Fjords
- 21 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 22 Rome to Venice
- 23 Alitala
- 24 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 25 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car