i recall passing a scarf shop on rue st louis en l'ile while in paris last year. i'm pretty sure that the store was DIWALI. i've used the street view function in google maps and it shows the storefront as i remember it (gotta love technology!)
i also recall walking into the store and quickly walking out b/c the scarves i saw were fairly expensive (like 40 euros +). granted, i didn't dig through the piles of scarves but i do remember looking specifically at a few ... and being a bit intimidated by the price!
i keep reading about a scarf store in ile st louis where other fodorites are buying beautiful scarves for 10E. is diwali the store? or is there another scarf store on the island with great scarves?
i'm back in paris this fall and am looking for a scarf!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I don't want to meet locals
- 2 Pyrenees 10-Day Driving Itinerary
- 3 Need Paris Flight Advice
- 4 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 5 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 6 Want to Meet the Locals? Try Camping
- 7 Want to meet the locals? Some new ideas
- 8 What type of visa is right for me?
- 9 Help me decide where to go xmas week
- 10 Christmas Eve
- 11 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 12 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 13 Paris---baguette question???
- 14 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe
- 15 Olive farm visit in Tuscany - olive harvest, oil pressing
- 16 Berlin
- 17 Glassblowing in Prague
- 18 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 19 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 20 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 21 a loss about Paris
- 22 From Barcelona to Valencia… and the not-quite-beaten path in between
- 23 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 24 Want to meet the locals? Try the bars.
- 25 Spain Andalusia Itinerary Advice