i recall passing a scarf shop on rue st louis en l'ile while in paris last year. i'm pretty sure that the store was DIWALI. i've used the street view function in google maps and it shows the storefront as i remember it (gotta love technology!)
i also recall walking into the store and quickly walking out b/c the scarves i saw were fairly expensive (like 40 euros +). granted, i didn't dig through the piles of scarves but i do remember looking specifically at a few ... and being a bit intimidated by the price!
i keep reading about a scarf store in ile st louis where other fodorites are buying beautiful scarves for 10E. is diwali the store? or is there another scarf store on the island with great scarves?
i'm back in paris this fall and am looking for a scarf!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spending money
- 2 2 Days in Rome
- 3 First Europe Trip... To cram or not to cram?
- 4 16 hours total drive time in 6 days
- 5 Plitvice Lakes: What Can I See in Two Hours?
- 6 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 7 Elba
- 8 Paris birthday dinner for 10yo
- 9 3 Star Hotel or B&B recommendations for Venice, Florence, and Rome Needed
- 10 Time from Nice airport to downtown
- 11 buying Eruos in advance
- 12 electrical adaptor plugs
- 13 Driving Trip Basque Country and/or Aquitaine Pls Advise
- 14 Help & advice on trip to Scotland
- 15 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 16 help with 1st trip to Paris/London please
- 17 Seeking a special place in France
- 18 Paris Picture Overlays
- 19 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 20 2 nights in Cinque Terre
- 21 Afternoon Tea Ideas
- 22 Zagreb to Pula and more
- 23 First trip to Europe and going alone.
- 24 Visiting Eastern Europe - planes, trains, and stamps?
- 25 Italy-Switz family of 6: June 2015