I need help doing an itinerary for our honeymoon in Scandinavia next May-June.
We will be travelling from Montreal, Canada and we have 3 weeks (21 days) with a budget of 6 000$, excluding airfares. We could increase the budget if necessary but would prefer sacrifice on comfort/luxury. We know it is an expensive destination and will compromise on staying in budget hotels/hostels, eating from market or groceries rather than going to restaurants all the time and skip on alcohol.
We are interested in museums, art, design, architecture, scenery, mild trekking.
We would like to cover parts of Denmark, Norway, Sweden and end up with few days in St. Petersburg.
So far our itinerary goes (very roughly) like this:
Montreal - Copehhagen
2 days in CPH, then few days around (Kronborg castle)
Flight to Bergen, few days there and in fjords area
Scenic train from Bergen to Oslo
1-2 days max in Oslo ($$$)
Then Sweden, ending in Stockholm for a couple of days (4?)
Flight to St. Petersburg, 3 days there
Flight back to Montreal from St. Petersburg
What do you think? Any suggestions, things to add/remove/change from this itinerary? Advices?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Oporto
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 4 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 5 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 6 Relais Il Canalicchio
- 7 Perugia
- 8 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 9 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 10 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 11 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 12 Ronda Wine/biking
- 13 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 14 St Denis Cathedral
- 15 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 16 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 17 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 18 Andalucia itinerary help
- 19 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 20 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 21 Mayrhofen August with nearly 5 year old and 5 months old?
- 22 Day trips from Florence
- 23 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 24 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 25 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland