I need help doing an itinerary for our honeymoon in Scandinavia next May-June.
We will be travelling from Montreal, Canada and we have 3 weeks (21 days) with a budget of 6 000$, excluding airfares. We could increase the budget if necessary but would prefer sacrifice on comfort/luxury. We know it is an expensive destination and will compromise on staying in budget hotels/hostels, eating from market or groceries rather than going to restaurants all the time and skip on alcohol.
We are interested in museums, art, design, architecture, scenery, mild trekking.
We would like to cover parts of Denmark, Norway, Sweden and end up with few days in St. Petersburg.
So far our itinerary goes (very roughly) like this:
Montreal - Copehhagen
2 days in CPH, then few days around (Kronborg castle)
Flight to Bergen, few days there and in fjords area
Scenic train from Bergen to Oslo
1-2 days max in Oslo ($$$)
Then Sweden, ending in Stockholm for a couple of days (4?)
Flight to St. Petersburg, 3 days there
Flight back to Montreal from St. Petersburg
What do you think? Any suggestions, things to add/remove/change from this itinerary? Advices?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 2 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 3 http://dermaessencecreamblog.com/nature-renew/
- 4 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 5 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 6 Engadine Valley help
- 7 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 8 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 9 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 10 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 11 Honeymoon in Greece
- 12 Italy for Christmas Week
- 13 A Month stay in Southern France
- 14 Shoes in Scotland
- 15 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 16 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 17 Question about Half Fare Cards
- 18 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 19 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 20 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 21 Portugal with large family
- 22 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 23 restaurants in Marais district
- 24 Sicily
- 25 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)