I need help doing an itinerary for our honeymoon in Scandinavia next May-June.
We will be travelling from Montreal, Canada and we have 3 weeks (21 days) with a budget of 6 000$, excluding airfares. We could increase the budget if necessary but would prefer sacrifice on comfort/luxury. We know it is an expensive destination and will compromise on staying in budget hotels/hostels, eating from market or groceries rather than going to restaurants all the time and skip on alcohol.
We are interested in museums, art, design, architecture, scenery, mild trekking.
We would like to cover parts of Denmark, Norway, Sweden and end up with few days in St. Petersburg.
So far our itinerary goes (very roughly) like this:
Montreal - Copehhagen
2 days in CPH, then few days around (Kronborg castle)
Flight to Bergen, few days there and in fjords area
Scenic train from Bergen to Oslo
1-2 days max in Oslo ($$$)
Then Sweden, ending in Stockholm for a couple of days (4?)
Flight to St. Petersburg, 3 days there
Flight back to Montreal from St. Petersburg
What do you think? Any suggestions, things to add/remove/change from this itinerary? Advices?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 2 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 5 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 6 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 7 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 8 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 9 Driving through Paris
- 10 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 13 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 14 San Sebastián
- 15 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 16 italy Cinque Terre
- 17 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 18 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 19 Can parking
- 20 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 21 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 22 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 23 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 24 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna